IGNORED

Returnal - RLLMUK and BAFTA GOTY 2021 - Free Ascension DLC out now!

Vemsie

26 minutes ago, jonamok said:

They are always in the same room tile, but that tile spawning seems to be RNG.

Edit: Someone on Era said the Biome 6 fragment took him 6-7 runs to spawn the tile.

Hmm….. sod that. Time to move on! 🤣

Totally fucked again tonight.

Purple flying thing spawning in the first room and oneshotting me: three times. 

Purple flying thing spawning in a tiny “fall into” room linked from the first or second room, which the enemy model doesn’t even fit into properly so clips through the scenery before oneshotting me: four times. 

Then neither of these things happened and I sailed all the way through to the final biome with absolutely zero effort and then it spawned in the tiny room and oneshot me again.

The difficulty in this game since last patch is utterly fucked, it’s either ridiculously easy or “Goldeneye lasers basement license to kill” and nothing inbetween. It’s gone from a potential GOTY to a broken pile of shite in one patch. All the bosses are trivially easy and random enemies hanging around in holes in the ground are virtually invincible. 

When I can muster up the lack of common sense to try again I’ll stream to twitch so I can show you if it happens next time.

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

Anyone else struggle to get the Biome 6

Hide contents

sunface fragment? 

The internet says it’s in a Y-shaped room with four staggered platforms each way, and a shooty-light. Looking at pictures I’ve never seen that room in multiple runs through B6. Just done another full run and rinsed it but that room tile didn’t spawn. All the other 5 of this item are trivial to find, but RNGing this last one in a rare room tile sucks, especially in such a hard level.

When I was after that one, guide says it's before the big drop with the shop . Spent ages going over the whole thing before giving up. Dropped down the hole and it was just before the first big battle down there . :rolleyes:

You'll find a chest and if you spin the camera you'll see a hidden light under a platform that loops round to the piece. 

After a week or so of being repeatedly kicked in the head by Biome 4, and then Biome 5, the RNG luck all went my way and I had a pretty straightforward run all the way from the start of 4 through to the Biome 6 boss. Which promptly smashed me right back into last week as I have no clue what is going on with it. I'll work it out though and the journey, as always, is amazing fun.

Had a great build with a Lvl 20 Hollowseeker that tore pretty much everything up and was so effective I was passing over Lvl 28-30 weapons that I either have never used or just don't like as much until I found a Lvl 28 Hollowseeker with the same amazing void beam power. I also took a chance with the oolite healing parasite which had failed me badly back in Biomes 1-3 and it made me almost invulnerable in any regular room but, of course, let me down against the boss as I couldn't carry the health packs that might have helped me out.

I have been thinking about my next run all through dinner, and now whilst watching TV and will still likely be thinking about it all day tomorrow despite us having a day out in Manc.

And just like that Biome 4 is done!

Is it me reaching new heights of atonement? Are these pathways before and behind me just flashes in my severed existence. Each step I feel part of me slipping, but I can’t stop. I must not stop. The shadow and light grows closer. I am here and I am ready.

2 hours ago, Moz said:

It’s gone from a potential GOTY to a broken pile of shite in one patch.

That pretty much applies to every patch so far in some way or other. I predict an end of year Edge alternative award.

They really should have just left it as the reviewed disc version. Everything they’ve done since it went gold has made it worse in some way. Such a shame.

Three more runs, three more massive throbbing purple things oneshotting me in the first room or the first hidden chamber. I did discover I can back out of the chambers through the portals at least, which helps. It feels like a NG+ boss is invading my game constantly, it’s really messed up. 

It’s also confused about my progress in the game, my objective keeps changing from

Spoiler

follow the music (I’ve already killed that boss)

To

Spoiler

return to fractured wastes

And back again. 

I've never been one shotted by those big purple tentace beasts but I've certainly had a few runs which threw them at me in the early rooms. Usually preceeded by all manner of other extreme hostility and before I have found a more effective weapon that the pistol. Those runs usually end pretty quickly... 

But then I get an equal number of runs where they only occur after I've tooled up a bit and they are then relatively easily dispatched. 

There are rooms with some absolutely spectacular chaos going on in Biome 6! Two disco balls armed with simultaneous vertical and horizontal expanding red laser circles combined with the yellow and blue blobs and a load of other dickheads flying about is a scene... 

56 minutes ago, IainGamer said:

So I know I said I was giving in until a save… but it just has its hooks in me this game.   And finally managed to get past biome 3 today!!!! Come on!!! 

Well done. It is honestly much more manageable from here.

Lol ok. 

After hours and hours of being oneshot by something unkillable I finally ran into the “non elite” version of it and killed it for the first time. Good work, game. 

Then I found my way into a room where I couldn’t get back because I didn’t have the double jump (I assume there’s a double jump?) and had no choice but to enter a challenge room where I was instantly oneshot. No idea if clearing that challenge room got me back to the main area or not. 

Basically spent ten hours now running into eggs and buying upgrades, not seeing enemies for 90% of rooms then walking into a room and dying before I can even see what killed me. Shall I just start again? I seriously think I’ve been bumped into NG+ by mistake or something. 

Other weird shit:

Two healing benches right next to each other. The second one worked but the animation was all fucked up and I was stood inside the bench. 

Huge single digit framerate drops.

Spending lots of ether on a resurrection, getting oneshot and then it doesn’t kick in so I have to start again anyway. 

More messed up objectives switching back and forth between objectives I’ve already completed and ones I haven’t. 

Runs with shop after shop after shop with no enemies for 10+ rooms and no way to gain any obolites to spend. 

I feel like I’m testing a game that’s a year or more away from release, I want my money back to be honest. 

Am I the only one who’s found it easier since the update? I find the scout bodies incredibly helpful in blasting my health bar up and I finally got past B2 and a decent way through B3. I still absolutely love what they’ve managed with the feel of this game

@Moz It sounds like it's gone completely weird and you should probably delete and reinstall. Other than bringing back the scout corpses, which you can choose to ignore completely, the only changes from this patch were supposed to be minor fixes, and that's what everyone else seems to be experiencing.

I'll try a reinstall without zapping my saves. It's very likely I installed multiple patches at once, prior to the only patch I installed to my knowledge the game was perfect, now it seems completely mangled. Will let you know how I get on!

5 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

If the game starts dropping frames regularly then something's up. Delete and reinstall 

Something's up or you have the pylon driver with the perk which sends out a web on every shot. 

Oh wow, when someone avenges your death a reward is given. I love this parasite that causes damage each time I pick something up if it means those coins stick around a second longer.

Restart cycle and offline mode for me.

In fact, the risk/reward of parasite or malfunctions from malignant stuff rarely seems worth it to me. The latter are just an ether sink.

Finally!! Just got the right room to spawn in biome 6 for the last

Spoiler

Sunface fragment.

Fuck me, 8 full runs through that biome to get it. On the plus side that level holds absolutely no fear for me any more. :lol:

3 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

Oh wow, when someone avenges your death a reward is given. I love this parasite that causes damage each time I pick something up if it means those coins stick around a second longer.

Restart cycle and offline mode for me.

In fact, the risk/reward of parasite or malfunctions from malignant stuff rarely seems worth it to me. The latter are just an ether sink.

Jesus, it can give you parasites? What a stupid decision. 

Fought biome 6 boss with a level 18 Hollowseeker, that didn’t even have portal gun. Top tip: don’t do that. Took a fucking age to kill him, during which I went through three health vials and a couple of pick ups. Was in phase 3 for about 7-8 minutes. Pretty but a bloody nightmare.

Reinstalled. First room had six of the groot-looking guys in, for some reason they had far more health than normal and I couldn’t even kill one of them before I died in two hits.

Second run I had to dash over a purple laser, I missed and it took off 100% of my not-yet upgraded health in a single hit. 

I give up, tell me when it’s out of early access. 

I've noticed a step-up in difficulty, either from the patch or coincident with my seeing the third boss for the first time. Not sure which is which due to limited play - my runs at the daily seem unaffected.

But nothing like you're reporting (although I don't know how far you've gotten.)

Just got to the last boss and my PS5 turned off. It won’t turn back on. I assume a power yank will fix it but I’m so mad I need to go for a walk. 

I really, really, really wish I was exaggerating. 

Gonna shoot Sony an email for a refund of this. Playtime be damned. 

It seems to me like it’s thrown me into a NG+ as I’m seeing elite forms of enemies before the normal forms, getting stuck in rooms which require some sort of double jump to get out of, and my objectives keep resetting and flipping.