IGNORED

Returnal - RLLMUK and BAFTA GOTY 2021 - Free Ascension DLC out now!

Vemsie

42 minutes ago, Hylian said:

Don't waste your supers on boss 1. I try to save them up for phases 3 and 4. Usually have about 5 or so stacked by then. Then I go a bit scarface 😁

yeah I used my last one trying to stay alive in that last room, it was insufficient 

Going from 7.5 to 19 million was quite surprising but I've realised that the electropylon and rot lobber work really well in the tower. I took the lobber through the last 3 or 4 phases. Keeping on the move is critical, so being able to fire off a few shots and letting the rot do it's thing while you get to safety is a strong tactic. 

I lucked out not getting "hostiles counter on hit" for any of the permanent malfunctions. They really need to get rid of that as its far worse than any of the others. 

10 hours ago, Retroid said:

This game is so up my alley but I can't justify buying a PS5 for it. It's literally everything I like in one.

It's almost certainly coming to PC at some point, if that's an option for you. Just make sure you buy a DualSense to play it.

On 30/03/2022 at 02:55, Hylian said:

I lucked out not getting "hostiles counter on hit" for any of the permanent malfunctions. They really need to get rid of that as its far worse than any of the others. 

yeah RIP if wielding hollowseeker or dreadbound :lol:

I haven't 'finished' the DLC yet as returning to the game made me want to resume my endeavour to get the Platinum by checking off the Survey Trophies. The last xenoglyph in the second biome was a real sticking point, especially as my save is from launch when one of them was bugged so I was starting to wonder if I'd ever find it, but I did eventually track it down after 20+ reverse runs.

Obviously I set myself a rather tedious task, but Returnal is such a compelling overall experience I saw unlocking the Platinum as a mark of recognition, for the developers rather than myself. I've never had much interest in leaderboards or high scores so I'll likely put the game down after seeing all the narrative content of the DLC, but I'm really looking forward to whatever Housemarque make next.

• Vemsie changed the title to Returnal - RLLMUK and BAFTA GOTY 2021 - Free Ascension DLC out now!
17 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Any sign of a vinyl release?

The first volume is getting one in the next few months; I don't follow vinyl releases, just remember seeing it as it looks cool. Seems like pre-orders are sold out but there is an Amazon UK product page, so maybe it'll be readily available on release.

Stands to reason they'd also do one for the second volume of the soundtrack, although probably not imminently given the first is coming out over a year after the game.

23 hours ago, Vemsie said:

Returnal also won best audio, best music and best performace in a leading role by Jane Perry.

Love this. Well deserved. 

Should be a PS5 system seller by rights. 

In other news I was a hair's breadth off 10 mil in the tower. Gutted. 

I have gushed before and will gush again.

This game is obscenely good. I mean, the fact we had this am Elden Ring in the space of 12 months is just beyond me. What a treat the last year has been. Guardians too from a cinematic story POV. 

Super happy for the team at Housemarque and cannot wait to see where they go next. I think it's safe to say whatever it is, it will be an absolute banger. 

14 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I quite fancy this because, y’know, just got a ps5 and it’s exclusive, but I don’t tend to like rogue likes, or schmups which, to be fair, I didn’t realise is what it was, so not sure if I £70 fancy it. 

£40 at amazon so surely that elsewhere too if you don't want to give bezos money.

As for not liking it, no way in hell, it's incredible it's a must buy.

47 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I quite fancy this because, y’know, just got a ps5 and it’s exclusive, but I don’t tend to like rogue likes, or schmups which, to be fair, I didn’t realise is what it was, so not sure if I £70 fancy it. 

Why don’t you wait a couple of months and then subscribe to the medium tier of the new PlayStation Plus service for a bit? Then you can play it for much cheaper than £70.

37 minutes ago, Minion said:

£40 at amazon so surely that elsewhere too if you don't want to give bezos money.

As for not liking it, no way in hell, it's incredible it's a must buy.

Ah, I will definitely bite at that price (crazy how much times changes - £40 is considered “cheap enough to take a punt on something you’re not sure of” and not “still bloody expensive”)

4 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Why don’t you wait a couple of months and then subscribe to the medium tier of the new PlayStation Plus service for a bit? Then you can play it for much cheaper than £70.

Oh, nice! I haven’t looked into the new ps+ stuff, will definitely investigate further…

Thanks, both. I can’t give out any more posses today (clearly I’m too generous) so have an IOU thumbs up instead 👍