Returnal - RLLMUK and BAFTA GOTY 2021 - Free Ascension DLC out now!

Vemsie

3 hours ago, cavalcade said:

Im so shit at this. If I play it now will gaming chads just enter my game and help me through it?

You have to allow people into your game. If you want a hand i'm sure people from here would give you a hand.

I'm happy to help people from here who need it.

Best I can do is 4 million. Doing well on phases 1 and 2, getting up to about at 25x multiplier, then all goes to shit in phase 3. Adrenaline affects the multiplier a lot. Below 2 and it seems to increase multiplier by small amounts like +0.01 but at adrenaline 5 it's more like +0.1. As always, don't get hit. 

The DLC is great, I’d forgotten how fast this game is. Didn’t make it very far but I’m sure I’ll be knocking the rust off soon enough. 

I can’t believe they’ve given this away for free tbh. I take it the trick is to get to the exit point as quickly as possible once you’ve cleared the room to stop the multiplier from falling? You then get caught in the dilemma of collecting items Vs losing multiplier- and the mad scramble to locate the exit. It’s genius stuff as it keeps the pace at a heart pounding rate. I got a permanent malfunction that reduced my weapons damage by 75% when stationary which made things even more hectic and I scored much better for it. Loving the little secrets they’ve thrown in too. Only had two runs so far, but it’s so good to be back in this world again.

Spoiler

F447AD1A-FA1A-480E-879C-A421A1972ED0.thumb.jpeg.0dbe905c92e2581b5de8717c3b96bcfb.jpeg

6.8m run earlier, when you get in a rhythm with this game there's nothing like it, already figuring out things that help your run. Like what are those bright white enemies that look like the yellow ones in the main game that don't attack but award obolites. They really help

First go

857D4D21-756A-4714-95D8-F353E43A19F1.thumb.jpeg.ccd07995ba8c78b39268626143c05f27.jpeg

3rd boss really kicked my ass and then I got stuck in a room with three million shielded crawlers spitting fireballs at me and the permanent +2s melee recharge penalty finished me off

thoughts: fucken sick. Dreadbound is still the GOAT. Permanent malfunctions can do one. Infinite violence - what more could we Scouts ask for??

this is a great mode for noobs to git gud without getting upset at “losing progress”

My 2nd and 3rd runs went to shit - got too stoned. Fell right out of The Zone. 

Got to put some serious thought into builds for this. It seems every other room offers you some sort of agonizing dilemma between a couple of different artifacts or parasites. The only thing you can be sure you’ll need is Fractal Nail

Question: does nullification sphere work on permanent malfunctions? I fell off a ledge to my death before I could use it /sad

42 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Question: does nullification sphere work on permanent malfunctions? I fell off a ledge to my death before I could use it /sad

No. Pretty sure you can't remove these. 

On artefacts, I'd say the most useful one for getting high scores is going to be resin shield. Phantom limb is pretty good too (10% chance to repair each kill) 

If like me you're wondering what's the point of a scout rank (you level this up in coop when you're not the host). I always host when I play with my mate, he's just got scout rank 10 and now has the option to press square to reroll the traits on weapons he's about to pick up in coop. So well worth levelling up

I've had it mid thirties yeah. The elite players on Reddit talk about mid air melee attacks as the best way to get your multiplier up quick, I'm not skilled enough to do that constantly without taking damage so I concentrate on get my adrenaline to max and keeping it there. 

4 hours ago, Hylian said:

Good going! What did you get the multiplier up to? I'm finding I hit about 35, then it starts to fall in the panic of phase 4 and 5.

Cant remember. Someone on Reddit posted a 45million point screenshot so now I’m going to throw my disc onto a fire 

air melee is goat especially in the early stages and against those fucking bats. In later stages I find the only way to avoid taking damage is to fire a few shots and then immediately grapple to the other side of the arena to create space and avoid UNDODGEABLE PURPLE LASERS

this game has a sick sense of humor also. After many experiences entering the Orb of Mystery after killing a white thing, last night I entered the Room of Treats only for a shielded elite death machine to spawn as a “fuck you.” Jokes on him though, I killed him without a scratch. Scratches came later. Evidently shield vials are way more important than health packs

1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Cant remember. Someone on Reddit posted a 45million point screenshot so now I’m going to throw my disc onto a fire 

air melee is goat especially in the early stages and against those fucking bats. In later stages I find the only way to avoid taking damage is to fire a few shots and then immediately grapple to the other side of the arena to create space and avoid UNDODGEABLE PURPLE LASERS

this game has a sick sense of humor also. After many experiences entering the Orb of Mystery after killing a white thing, last night I entered the Room of Treats only for a shielded elite death machine to spawn as a “fuck you.” Jokes on him though, I killed him without a scratch. Scratches came later. Evidently shield vials are way more important than health packs

45 Million is small fry 

6 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

45 Million is small fry 

image.jpeg.f3b299f959eb3feba1d0ff99f33592cf.jpeg

E2F59ADC-CD53-40A5-8391-AC9AC52A02A3.thumb.jpeg.fae042bcc62872ad96a7767edadfb86f.jpeg

Had max integrity, tachyomatic carbine w/ leech rounds and super rapid fire, all sorts of great buffs, + 50% damage … Got more or less killed in one go in the last room

Phase 4 is brutal. Anyone reached Phase 5 yet?

edit: just watched a video where a guy gets 120,000,000 points in Phase 17, never mind. 6million is enough for me :lol:

My top score got me into 5. Boss of 4 was ridiculous though. I'm definitely starting to get a handle on phases 1 and 2 now though. I can do boss 1 quite consistently without taking damage and boss 2 isn't much issue. 

One thing that seems to be working is never paying for integrity upgrades. Just rely on resin to get integrity up and use obilites elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, Hylian said:

My top score got me into 5. Boss of 4 was ridiculous though. I'm definitely starting to get a handle on phases 1 and 2 now though. I can do boss 1 quite consistently without taking damage and boss 2 isn't much issue. 

One thing that seems to be working is never paying for integrity upgrades. Just rely on resin to get integrity up and use obilites elsewhere. 

yeah I ignore integrity & artifacts because you max out on them pretty quick. I save my money for Damage, and carry shield vials to keep me alive. Wasn’t enough. Boss 1 can be defeated with just two Superweapons, before he really has a chance to hit you with anything

10 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

yeah I ignore integrity & artifacts because you max out on them pretty quick. I save my money for Damage, and carry shield vials to keep me alive. Wasn’t enough. Boss 1 can be defeated with just two Superweapons, before he really has a chance to hit you with anything

Don't waste your supers on boss 1. I try to save them up for phases 3 and 4. Usually have about 5 or so stacked by then. Then I go a bit scarface 😁