IGNORED

Returnal - RLLMUK and BAFTA GOTY 2021 - Free Ascension DLC out now!

Vemsie

I've never played a game as much and yet made so little progress as Returnal. Must be pushing 25-30 hours and I can't even beat fucking Phrike. Thought I was ok at games, finished most of the From Souls like games for example. Yeah, I know they're apples to oranges. Got a masochistic thing going on with the game, love it but it kicks the arse out of me.

Hopefully I'll rope someone in to help with the new co-op element. Really want to see the other levels. Will persevere whatever, mind.

Just had a couple of runs on the Tower. Absolutely superb. Love the new super weapons which sound incredible. First run 500k, second run made it into phase 3 with 2.4 million. This is going to take over my life. 

14 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Just checking how accessible the tower is? Can I just boot up the game up and jump in or is it hidden in some vague area like Dark Souls DLC?

You can't miss it. :)

17 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Just checking how accessible the tower is? Can I just boot up the game up and jump in or is it hidden in some vague area like Dark Souls DLC?

Accessed from crash site, either B1 or B4. You need to have beaten B2 in main game to play it. 

19 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

They could just unlock it in the Tower mode and not in the main game. I was excited for this mode, now I'm just annoyed.

Reveal hidden contents

I take it it's the grapple beam thing so I can reach the doorway?

Just play the main game my guy. It’s great.

8 hours ago, amc said:

I've never played a game as much and yet made so little progress as Returnal. Must be pushing 25-30 hours and I can't even beat fucking Phrike. Thought I was ok at games, finished most of the From Souls like games for example. Yeah, I know they're apples to oranges. Got a masochistic thing going on with the game, love it but it kicks the arse out of me.

Hopefully I'll rope someone in to help with the new co-op element. Really want to see the other levels. Will persevere whatever, mind.

give me some rope brother

we’ll give ‘em the good news

Ok so the coop mode is fantastic, works so well. Bosses have insane amounts of health though jeez. 

The tower is amazing but crikey that multiplier drains quick! Got great gear and got to phase 2 room 20 on my first go. Not too shabby

9 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

give me some rope brother

we’ll give ‘em the good news

I'll take you up on that. Just need to ween off Elden Ring and put an hour back in to reacquaint myself with Selene.

27 minutes ago, amc said:

I'll take you up on that. Just need to ween off Elden Ring and put an hour back in to reacquaint myself with Selene.

all you need to remember is the mantra “Maximum Violence Immediately.” Your objective is to search and destroy: exterminate any and all hostile fauna with extreme prejudice and without hesitation. Believe in yourself. Second-guessing will get you killed. There is no try; there is only “do.”

Returnal is eternal - there is no failure. Dust yourself off and continue your mission. The cycle must continue.

PSN: Floshenbarnical 

It's so good this. Pure proper in the zone gaming. I was happy with the Plat but man, people are already posting crazy Tower scores. And I'm still playing ER as well. It's such a quality addition to an already stellar game, and all for free too.

8 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

Im so shit at this. If I play it now will gaming chads just enter my game and help me through it?

You have to use a device near the crash site. :)

• Vemsie changed the title to Returnal - RLLMUK and BAFTA GOTY 2021 - Free Ascension DLC out now!