IGNORED

Returnal - Do you see the White Shadow?

Vemsie

33 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Rotgland Lobber gets a big yes from me for use against the automatons, but make sure you swap it out before Nemesis. 

This is why you should try and experiment and unlock all the perks with different weapons in this game.

Toying around with the Dreadbound, for which I've unlocked only one trait so far. Interesting weapon.
New patch did its job, got a string of trophies yesterday. :)

Very close to the plat now. C'mon Housemarque, announce some DLC will ya?

Second and third shot at Nemesis went reasonably. I haven't made it to the third stage yet, but the first two stages went a lot better. I struggle to tell which of the attacks the two satellite things are going to do. They seem to have a few which start with a diagonal laser down to the platform, sometimes it raises up to blast you, sometimes it puts out a red pulse.

No doubt Jamie John will be along shortly to tell us he did it on the first go. 😒

And the red blob is the only bit of him that takes damage, right?

I keep setting off to take on Nemesis but finding a cube in the first Biome, then getting my Phrike on so I can deposit it after the fight but coming out with very low health and getting killed before I make it through Biome 3 (thanks TieFighter bastards!). I'm all about those cubes tho.

23 minutes ago, hmm said:

There's a cube depository thing right before the biome 3 boss, isn't there?

After beating the Biome 2 boss you can also sneakily get to its cube depository through the exit route. 

I've just been trekking it back straight to Nemesis. Once you get the bridge down, the route back is far, far easier. There's still that fight before the boss that's a bit of a pig, but overall it makes B3 considerably easier.

There was a room with like 3 severed in it and I hightailed it out of there. One of them still chased me down, but I think those things are the hardest enemies in the game by far.

I must have really lucked out with my drops yesterday as I ended up doing B2 and B3 on the bounce. Considering how big a roadblock it's been for so many, I'm glad I don't currently have a wall I need to kick against.

Sad to lose that setup at the start of Act 2 but ended up with a leech/critical hit carbine which has taken me through B4 first time and awaits me at the start of B5. When it's all going for you, this really feels pretty spectacular.

On a narrative note, I really liked the end of Act 1. I'm sure it's been done in other creative works since it seems so obvious but it makes so much sense. Also the rising mania of the music heading towards the B4 boss was great. I like the Metroid Prime-ness of the soundscapes on the whole so it was fun to see it suddenly get intensely gothic.

The build up to the B4 boss throughout the level, the rising intensity as you climb, and then the fight itself - altogether it's probably the highlight of the game for me. Just brilliantly realised.

Took another crack at Biome 3 and by the time I made it to the boss, I was basically dead. Made it well into the second phase, but I find it really tricky. Think I need to focus on dodging instead of trying to both do damage and dodge.

10 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Same here, I think if I don’t get an astronaut in Bio1 I should just quit it and re-roll the dice. 65 deaths in, just need a decent run…this shit is like crack!

No, you should get better so you don’t need the astronaut . Keep playing and that’s exactly what will happen 

I doubt that's going to make a huge difference, and it's quite hard to unlearn your existing muscle memory for it, I find. Make sure you have perma-run enabled though.

Got killed in the last round of the challenge room in B3 yesterday. I think I never even tried that room before. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have picked the parasite that heals on kills but blocks health pick-ups.

Nah, putting Dash (and Blade) on the shoulder buttons is pretty much standard here to make the game much easier to play. It's worth the unlearning of muscle memory really. Beside the first couple of runs you'll die because of it won't really feel that much different from the others. ;)