Returnal - Do you see the White Shadow?

Looks good but It makes my hands ache just watching a preview. That and reports of how hard it seems to be are enough to make me wait to see the reception here.

22 minutes ago, Steven said:

Looks good but It makes my hands ache just watching a preview. That and reports of how hard it seems to be are enough to make me wait to see the reception here.

I'm sure it's a challenging game, most roguelites and Hosuemarque games are, but your mileage may vary. A Gamespot editor tweeted this:

I hope it's more challenging than Hades, which stopped being challenging after 15-20 runs for me. Not because I'm such an amazing gamer - I'm really not - but I find that as I get older that challenging games require me to focus, whereas I tend to zone out when playing easy stuff.

Also, saw on Reddit that people have early copies now, and as they're not bound to embargoes, be wary of spoilers.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

There's no way in hell this hits PS+ this year. Does anyone know what the shortest time (aside from launching on PS+) a game has hit the service?

You have to do some weird cartwheels with an algorithm to exclude Day 1 releases (Resogun, Driveclub, Destruction All Stars, OddWorld) as well as re-releases of old games (Control Ultimate Edition), but if you look at Sony exclusives I think Infamous First Light was 4 months from release to PS+

Most others are years between release and PS+ though for first party exclusives.

54 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Guys, reassure me that Argos are gonna get this to me before the (long) weekend.

Any chance you can go pick it up? They are usually pretty good with stock day 1.  

This is as first world as it gets but I'm going on holiday Friday for a week. I'd sneak the PS5 into my boot but there probably won't be any room for suitcases after. 

46 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Any chance you can go pick it up? They are usually pretty good with stock day 1.  

It was only available for home delivery :(

Maybe should have waited till Friday then click and collected.

28 minutes ago, Timmo said:

This is as first world as it gets but I'm going on holiday Friday for a week. I'd sneak the PS5 into my boot but there probably won't be any room for suitcases after. 

Put the back seats down, take only a day bag and leave the family... and you might have enough space for the PS5. 

Put all your bags in the boot, put your family in the car, put the car in the PS5, invent a fusion propulsion system capable of lifting a large land mass to the moon, put that in the PS5, get on the PS5, fly it to your destination.

Edit: fuck you Eighthours.

14 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

It was only available for home delivery :(

Maybe should have waited till Friday then click and collected.

Yeah they wont put it on until the the Friday - and make sure you search for the game using the search bar on the website and not google otherwise it just shows the preorder. 

Fextralife accidently released their review early and then deleted it, but not before it was cached:

Summary:

A sleeper hit, Returnal is bound to captivate you from start to finish, no pun intended. If you are a fan of good Sci-fi in the vein of The Expanse, Stranger Things, or Mass Effect, you surely won't want to miss this game. Returnal is the early front runner for Game of the Year 2021, making a compelling case to get a Playstation 5...if you can find one.

STORY & SETTING (9.5)

GAMEPLAY (9.5)

AUDIO & VISUAL (9)

REPLAYABILITY (9.5)

PRICEPOINT (9)

9.3/10

Cache of the review if anyone wants to look over it, haven't read it myself incase there are any story spoilers:

Spoiler

so I think a larger portion will lean towards the 50 hours side of things. That is exceptional value in my opinion, for such a high quality game.

Good to know.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Is fextralife a site people go to? Nice to know it got a good review, but it is not a very well-written one.

Never played a Souls game?

48 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Does the score for this increase the higher it gets or something? :lol:

I love how it's part of the aggregate as well, like it should have any bearing over what rating a game gets.

2 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Official prediction 82 metacritic 

Updated Official Prediction,  I state this is the best game ever then after 2 days place the box next to Sekiro and look at myself in the mirror sadly.

• Vemsie changed the title to Returnal - Do you see the White Shadow?