It's so wrong but I just love it

Bernard Matthews Mini Kievs and instant mashed potato. 

Homemade gravy CAN be better than Bisto but only if you really put the effort in. For Christmas dinner I'll go the extra mile with roasted chicken wings and vegetables, simmered in fresh chicken stock, then made into a gravy with some madeira, and yeah that tastes better than pretty much any other gravy I've ever had apart from the stuff they sell in Blacklock, but it's an undeniable faff. I think instant gravy is nicer than most chef recipe gravies where they just use basic stock & red or white wine.

Sausage and egg McMuffin is the best breakfast of all time...

I’ve tried to make it myself with quality ingredients and it’s just no good, even tried to make a veggie one and again no dice..

I had bisto gravy for the first time this year, partner is veggie so it seemed odd and my nose was turned so high I looked a right fool when it was decent!

34 minutes ago, LeighCb said:

I've been veggie for a while but I don't miss bacon. I miss tins of Heinz Ravioli and Dynamite Hot Stag Chilli. 

I can actually cook by the way. 

I had a lot of love for Stag Chilli, been so long since I have had one though.

Really mild supermarket cheddar, so mild that it's like eating a block of semi skimmed milk. It's got absolutely no culinary value at all, but something about it is very comforting.

Also cottage cheese mixed with really spicy Bombay Mix is amazing

Not really in the spirit of this thread, but everyone thinks Cottage Cheese is horrible, watery, tasteless diet food right?

Well so did I, until I discovered this:

111583011_0_640x640.jpg.32f963cc34824798fb02b5c0fce798e7.jpg

It's legitimately delicious, with an amazing, rich, creamy flavour and texture. I can, and will eat it straight from the pot. Total game changer.

The customer reviews do not lie!

https://longleyfarm.com/products/natural-cottage-cheese

Only ever seen it in Morrisons. Don't get the low fat variety though!

looks a bit high end and fancy for this thread, but as cottage cheese is so vile and tastes more like a byproduct than a food its probably acceptable to allow it, even good cottage cheese is still going to be awful.

do you microwave it or put salad cream in to eat it, that would help lower the tone a bit. 

There's a generic takeaway place by Highbury Corner that has somehow dodged edging gentrification, and it serves ribs. I can't be more specific than that as I have no idea what meat they are. I'd always seemed to end up there after getting shitfaced after work or the football and end up ordering some odds and ends of chicken, some chips and these grey ribs. I'll then messily gorge on them as I stagger my way home. I'd always start the next day with a deep sense of shame and regret as I gradually recall snippets of eating these fucking things, much like someone who wakes up to vaguely remember running a dog over whilst drunk driving. I'll be back though I'm sure.

4 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Not really in the spirit of this thread, but everyone thinks Cottage Cheese is horrible, watery, tasteless diet food right?

Well so did I, until I discovered this:

111583011_0_640x640.jpg.32f963cc34824798fb02b5c0fce798e7.jpg

It's legitimately delicious, with an amazing, rich, creamy flavour and texture. I can, and will eat it straight from the pot. Total game changer.

The customer reviews do not lie!

https://longleyfarm.com/products/natural-cottage-cheese

Only ever seen it in Morrisons. Don't get the low fat variety though!

Not high end or fancy. It is everywhere in Sheffield. The stuff I grew up on. None of those fancy Ski yoghurts for me in 1980's. Their hazelnut yoghurt was always in my fridge at home.

EDIT - Should have quoted @Gotters

8 hours ago, Gotters said:

looks a bit high end and fancy for this thread, but as cottage cheese is so vile and tastes more like a byproduct than a food its probably acceptable to allow it, even good cottage cheese is still going to be awful.

This is exactly what I thought before I tried the Longley Farm stuff. I was wrong then, and you sir, are wrong now.

Er...and I put Frazzles in it. And stir it all into a Pot Noodle. Will that do?

On 14/12/2020 at 17:44, emerald fox said:

I feel like these have been discussed before but they are magical

Colds, hangovers, rainy camping, if not cure it can certainly make them all less unpleasant

I used to be with you both but Nissin chicken ramen with some sriracha sauce added is better and yet still perfect fodder for this thread!

On 16/12/2020 at 11:23, Gotters said:

do you microwave it or put salad cream in to eat it, that would help lower the tone a bit. 

"It's not a cheese, it's a residue..."

On 14/12/2020 at 20:08, cubik said:

spacer.png

Not only does it contain half your daily salt intake, you also have to fry the crispy noodles for extra added fatty goodness!

Bloody amazing though.

A staple of our family camping trips in the 1970s ! Those crispy noodles...

I have too many guilty pleasure foods - Peperami, Pot Noodle (any flavour, with a spoon - fight me), Mattesons Smoked Pork Sausage, pork scratchings.