Alien TV series

I'd love a sort of corporate intrigue series set around the time of Aliens, with our protagonists investigating Weyland Yutani's shady moves which are all loosely tied together by their relationship to some sort of secret biological weapons research, which is only revealed as being the xenomorphs 7 episodes in when everything suddenly goes fucking insane and it turns into a survival horror series.

3 hours ago, Exidor said:

Setting it on earth could be a mistake. We've just had 9 months of pandemic idiocy and we know what people are like now. If an alien got loose down here we'd be eggs within a week.

Those facehuggers don't even exist. And if they do get you then it's no worse than a common cold. 

15 hours ago, JohnC said:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/alien-series-in-the-works-at-fx-with-fargo-creator-noah-hawley-ridley-scott-in-advance-talks-to-ep-1234654111/

Alien? On my TV?

Coming from Noah Hawley, of Fargo and Legion. Will be set on Earth.

It’d be mindblowing if Scott directed an episode or two, and wouldn’t be shocking given how he directed two episodes recently of the HBO Max (and very Alien -toned) sci-fi series that he produced, Raised by Wolves.

Ridley Scott is not a person I'd want near Alien these days, sadly.

Would Sigourney Weaver still play Ripley? 

Watched Alien 3 last night, so timeless which for a sci-fi film is hard to achieve. Charles S Dutton and Brian Glover are the ringleaders here, I actually didn't realise it but Bishop at the end is actually an android, his ear is hanging off. 

9 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

Ridley Scott is not a person I'd want near Alien these days, sadly.

Let’s not forget he has just wiped his slate entirely clean with Raised by Wolves, the best SF to have come out in either cinemas or on telly in years.

He’s back in the good books.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Let’s not forget he has just wiped his slate entirely clean with Raised by Wolves, the best SF to have come out in either cinemas or on telly in years.

He’s back in the good books.

I haven't watched it. Better than The Expanse?

I really liked Alien: Covenant. It was a gorgeous-looking, absolutely bonkers b-movie horror with a colossal budget; David was so brilliantly and imaginatively malevolent throughout that it was an absolute joy to watch him torment the various naive idiots who wash up on his shores.