Nobody (2021) - Bob Odenkirk

2 hours ago, Valver said:

Loved this.  It was Better Call Saul meets John Wick.

The triple headshot was great.  The bus scene was brilliant.

I really enjoyed this. What a fantastic action film. Regarding the bus scene and ending..

Spoiler

I loved how he was getting fucked up whilst still showing what he was capable of doing. No superman John Wick style smooth fighting, he was getting stabbed, punched in the back of his head, knocked out but kept coming back at them.

By the end it was him, RZA and Lloyd as basically unkillable supermen though which was abit too silly for me. So it lacked any sort of tension or drama in the finale.

8 hours ago, Orion said:

I really enjoyed this. What a fantastic action film. Regarding the bus scene and ending..

Hide contents

I loved how he was getting fucked up whilst still showing what he was capable of doing. No superman John Wick style smooth fighting, he was getting stabbed, punched in the back of his head, knocked out but kept coming back at them.

Yes, that was great. Reminded me of Jackie Chan films.

11 hours ago, Orion said:

Reveal hidden contents

By the end it was him, RZA and Lloyd as basically unkillable supermen though which was abit too silly for me. So it lacked any sort of tension or drama in the finale.

Yeah that's one thing I really liked about it. He may know all these tricks and ways of fighting buts he's still vulnerable.

I think there was an element of him being out of practice too, surely?

If you were being uncharitable then you could definitely categorise this as a poor man's John Wick, and it's not wholly untrue, especially coming from at least some of the same production team. But it's also its own beast to an extent, and probably the description of it as a black comedy JW is fairer. We had a lot of fun and Odenkirk is, naturally, brilliant. Hopefully he won't now follow the Liam Neeson template and be churning out 8 stoic action hero roles a year on Netflix in a few years!

This film is exactly what it says on the tin, and Bob Odenkirk is perfect in the role.  It does everything you want it to do, and doesn't outstay its welcome.  A really great film.

6 hours ago, hmm said:

I think there was an element of him being out of practice too, surely?

If you were being uncharitable then you could definitely categorise this as a poor man's John Wick, and it's not wholly untrue, especially coming from at least some of the same production team. But it's also its own beast to an extent, and probably the description of it as a black comedy JW is fairer. We had a lot of fun and Odenkirk is, naturally, brilliant. Hopefully he won't now follow the Liam Neeson template and be churning out 8 stoic action hero roles a year on Netflix in a few years!

I found it far more entertaining than any of the John Wick films. 

Whilst I really liked the first John Wick, I found 2 & 3 to be constant, samey gunfights, which were just exhausting and boring, so something in a similar style but not so serious is a bonus. Might treat myself to a cinema visit when it comes out.