The Game Awards 2020 - Tonight at 11:30pm UK time

Broker

Streaming Direct to you on Twitch, YouTube, Steam, TikTok, Trovo, Toutiao, Douyin, Tencent, Weibo, Voot, JioTV, Airtel, Niconico, Famitsu, VK and KakaoTV!

I’m assuming Geoff is presenting as usual, he’s promising 12-15 brand new game reveals. At least one of those games is Dragon Age 4:

E18AAA80-7C89-4C15-B1B1-2398B77CF629.thumb.jpeg.cb812248c38a41f5138891e84786318b.jpeg

We’ll also see Neir Replicant and a brand new Among Us map. There will also be games from Focus Home Interactive, Striking Distance Studios and Hazelight.

Keanu Reeves, Christopher Nolan, Reggie Fils-Aime, Nolan North and Jacksepticeye are all appearing, but along with the Hazelight announcement comes the real MVP and greatest game awards guest of all time: 

5BFB1FE0-7164-4241-80F8-B7FFB56A47B3.thumb.jpeg.ea9c7cee251491b1e6f84ac8fe78676e.jpeg

Fuck the Oscars!

Focus Hone Interactive published A Plague Tale: Innocence, Vampyr, Trackmania, The Farming Simulator Series and various others. Striking Distance are a new studio set up by the creator of Dead Space who were working on a PUBG narrative experience but might not be any more. Hazelight made A Way Out.

One game has already won:

6F748FA8-CDC1-49D6-8454-D251A0829A0F.thumb.jpeg.bbb4791eef031fb2199b5f8ec9098853.jpeg

Also maybe I was wrong about the most important guest:

AA7126CF-37E1-44F7-9439-8B7A0915279B.thumb.jpeg.24108b1ddf7ffb0b397e2df64b7958dd.jpeg

That’s right, Swedish Chef from the Muppets is going to be there!

Almost none of the stuff announced so far is interesting to me, but Nintendo generally drops some bombs here (gameplay for BotW, announcement of Bayonetta 3) and so does Sony (The Last of Us revealed, Bloodborne gameplay, Death Stranding trailers, over 4 minutes of Ghost of Tsushima). And then there is From Software, who debuted Darks Souls 2 here and teased Sekiro for the first time.

I hope there is at least one of the following:
Returnal
Elden Ring
New Playdead sci-fi game
Horizon: Forbidden West
Silent Hill
Bayonetta 3
Project G.G.
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4

I mean, they tend to have at least one really big reveal each year (Mortal Kombat 11 two years ago, Xbox Series X last year) so here's hoping.

3 hours ago, Vemsie said:

Almost none of the stuff announced so far is interesting to me, but Nintendo generally drops some bombs here (gameplay for BotW, announcement of Bayonetta 3) and so does Sony (The Last of Us revealed, Bloodborne gameplay, Death Stranding trailers, over 4 minutes of Ghost of Tsushima). And then there is From Software, who debuted Darks Souls 2 here and teased Sekiro for the first time.

I hope there is at least one of the following:
Returnal
Elden Ring
New Playdead sci-fi game
Horizon: Forbidden West
Silent Hill
Bayonetta 3
Project G.G.
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4

I mean, they tend to have at least one really big reveal each year (Mortal Kombat 11 two years ago, Xbox Series X last year) so here's hoping.

I'd love to see a new trailer for Jumpship's Somerville game.

2 hours ago, monkeydog said:

The lure of that + Swedish Chef is great, but not enough to make me watch an awards show.

The actual awards are usually pretty short. It often manages to present a bunch of awards and have speeches and still contain less boring shite than most e3 presentations. Well non Microsoft e3 presentations.