IGNORED

King of Fighters XV - Prohibido jugar con Rugal

joffocakes

Had a couple of quick online matches and both came down to the final character. Neither of us really knew what they were doing. They were trying to play Street Fighter 2 with some fullscreen fireballs and I was getting in then doing tiny damage. Was fun. Not fun enough for them to choose Rematch though.

12 minutes ago, imp said:

How's the netcode?

Choppy for me so far, though it said it was 50ms ping/2 frame rollback. Both were against the same player though so likely just my connection with them specifically. I'll play more later.

I haven't played a KOF properly since 98 and then a little of 2000. I used to be pretty good.

I've picked this up really excited as I have a new PC and...I'm shit. I think the time I sunk into BB and SFIV have changed how I think about fighting games. I'm going to keep plugging away but I'm not convinced I'm going to love it.  

I live in the arse end of nowhere so I'm hoping for good netcode and if I can find a game that'll be enough for me but this feels so different to the KOF I know and love.

Bit of a frustrating day one with the PC version yesterday. Lots of screen tear and frame dropping going on, so had to spend a lot of time trying to sort it. Got rid of the screen tear and it's running better now, but it still stutters occasionally. In training if I start in one corner and run the length of the screen, it will sometimes stutter as I cross over the half way point of the stage. 

Seems like a lot of people are having issues with the PC version and I've tried many different work arounds but it's still not quite right. Hoping to get this sorted soon as I'm itching to get on this properly. :( 

8 minutes ago, JLM said:

Bit of a frustrating day one with the PC version yesterday. Lots of screen tear and frame dropping going on, so had to spend a lot of time trying to sort it. Got rid of the screen tear and it's running better now, but it still stutters occasionally. In training if I start in one corner and run the length of the screen, it will sometimes stutter as I cross over the half way point of the stage. 

Seems like a lot of people are having issues with the PC version and I've tried many different work arounds but it's still not quite right. Hoping to get this sorted soon as I'm itching to get on this properly. :( 

I was going to get it on PC, but apparently there is no 1440p in the options...

Disappointed that there apparently isn't crossplay between the PlayStation and Xbox, or between the consoles and PC. I dunno why but I think I assumed that was a thing? Ah well.

Had a few more matches late last night. Couldn't get anyone when filtering to same region but most matches were playable even with the search criteria as wide as possible. Some tiny instances of visible rollback against opponents over >150ms ping, but better than I expected, more like a micro-stutter. I did have one instance where the sound of my sweep connecting played only to find they'd blocked but with one exception that was the most significant rollback I saw across ~40 matches.

I did have one absolutely unplayable match, which was >350ms ping, and they quit after the first KO, understandably. Probably thousands of miles away.

I've stuck with a team of Shermie, Clark, Robert for now but I reckon I'll want to find someone with a more gimmicky moveset to annoy folk with. I also have trouble remembering the moves of three characters at once.

I thought I could pick this up on the Windows Store for free, by cashing in reward points. Then I read that only the Epic Store and Steam versions are crossplay. Which would leave me with about 3 folk in the world to play against online, plus I’d probably have trouble setting up my PS3 arcade stick with it (never managed to get Killer Instinct to recognise it).

I’ll save some cash for the Steam version…

Anyone around on PS4 for come matches? I just got absolutely mauled by willtupac.

EDIT: lost to will 10 times in a row. Then found even more ferocious players after that! Not a single win this evening, win rate fell from over 60% to under 40%. Rough!

• 4 weeks later...

First team of DLC characters have released all of a sudden: Rock Howard, Gato and B. Jenet, alongside a balance patch.

Not played much since getting to level 16 in Ranked for the trophy. I feel compelled to get the other trophies but you have to play through the single player Story mode a bunch of times and every time I start it I just cannot be bothered.

I thought level 16 would be too difficult for me to reach because the matchmaking pool is so small you get thrown in against absolute monsters pretty often but you get two stars for your first win of the day and don't lose any for your first loss so you can make very gradual progress with zero risk if you just keep waiting til tomorrow, haha.

Really enjoyed my time with it though, the advice I read about holding down the button(s) when performing specials/supers was incredibly helpful since it turns otherwise tight links/cancels into generous timings of about a quarter or a second. I still mess up a lot from missing directions on MAX Supers in particular but I think I need to break-in the dpad of the DualSense a bit more.

I got decent mileage out of Shermie's command throw without the followup leading into a natural safe jump if you just hold up-forward and jump attack. People love to buttons. It's a good game for buttons.

Anyway it's a good videogame and I look forward to never playing it again.