Steam Secret Santa 2020

3 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Although I have been able to check my lucky giftee's wishlist and Santa Gabe has been good with the discounts on their wishlist this year :)

I just read that and thought "Dude, you've just spoiled it for me :o" and then I realised you meant the other Gabe :lol:

55 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I am going to have to send PayPal funds if that is ok?

I use Steam Helper and Augmented Steam and one of those (not sure which) let's you use PayPal to buy a gift card for whatever amount you want, if you use the web page and not the Steam app itself - so you aren't stuck with £4/£10 gift cards. 

@strider go here; when you pick a card you'll get a prompt to pick a recipient from your Steam friends list (i.e. JPR will need to be in that list already) - it won't let you pay until you've picked a recipient, so you can safely check if you're unsure!

If JPR isn't already in your friends list, you'll have to arrange something through DM. Steam really does make things as fiddly as possible, sadly :(

Just now, Wiper said:

@strider go here; when you pick a card you'll get a prompt to pick a recipient from your Steam friends list (i.e. JPR will need to be in that list already) - it won't let you pay until you've picked a recipient, so you can safely check if you're unsure!

If JPR isn't already in your friends list, you'll have to arrange something through DM. Steam really does make this a faff, sadly :(

Thanks.

I believe I've worked it all out and sent the required payment through :)

I type too slowly, but hold off on buying the digital cards for now, as I can't buy gifts with my wallet at the moment.

I've only accepted one lot so far which I will cover if needed. Everything else has been left unredeemed and if needed I can decline and you'll get a full refund to your payment method. I've already done it once tonight as someone sent the top ups to my old gift account by mistake.

I can make purchases with other methods just not my wallet and the funds came from someone whose been friends for years. I'm hoping it's just Steam servers playing up at the moment and will be fine in the morning but I've sent a support message.

Just now, fragglerock said:

If Steam Cards are no good what is the best way of pouring gold into your coffers?

Paypal or bank transfer, both have worked already. I just hope I can wake up tomorrow morning and it all works.

11 minutes ago, Wiper said:

(damn, that's not great. Hope things work out for you, sounds like a right pain :( )

Yeah, not the most fun place to be in people sending you money to do something and it's not working. Makes you wish for the simple times of spending all evening sending gifts one by one.

I can't see any changes to gifting and a few others on Steam forum mentioning similar issues, hopefully it will be sorted.

Thank you all, annoyingly it's still not working.

I'll give it to the afternoon to see if I get a response or anything changes as I've got things to do this morning. If not I'll cancel the top ups and will sort out an alternative, just bought some gifts via PayPal so I can still send gifts.

Still not working and no response from support so I've declined all the credit sent, so it will have to be PayPal or bank transfer which I hope works for all.

If you're reading this and want to send me a PM for which you prefer I'll send you the details and I'll be PM'ing those who aren't.

• gospvg unpinned this topic