IGNORED

Prey (was: Predator 5)

JohnC

Wrong!   

Spoiler

The gang of humans all die except the hero who successfully manages to rescue his kidnapped son, predator defeated. The sting at the end is they open a pod which contains...some awesome predator killing armour. It felt like a “now the hunted because the hunter moment” but the cgi was stunningly shit.

• 8 months later...

The name has been revealed as Skull. It's a prequel, before the first movie. A long time before as it's about "a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior" and apparently a Predator's first visit to this planet.

https://collider.com/predator-new-movie-title-skull-origin-story-plot-details-timeline-female-lead/

Sounds very similar to the setup of the first film. I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I get the sense that Predator was a one-film idea. Every sequel has really struggled to do much that's particularly different to the original film. Predator 2 was probably the natural alternate setting for a film, but even that exhausted the potential pretty early on.

With the Alien films, the creature is so compelling and so scary that you want to find out more about it. With the predators, I struggle to really care about discovering more about their society, and once that's gone, they're just mad alien rastas that like hunting humans.

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

That sounds interesting. They should now just turn the Predator franchise into Assassin's Creed and just have the Predator arriving during different time periods.

No doubt in my mind this has been pitched many times and given serious thought by execs. 

(christ, there's the old timey guns in the second film) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • JohnC changed the title to Prey (was: Predator 5)
7 hours ago, Darwock said:

Oh god, Amber Midthunder. She looked really awkward doing the fight scenes in Legion I thought, very stiff and obviously choreographed. And the acting side was probably worse.

Ha- I thought the same. I was wondering how she got the part the whole time.....