Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 3 | Voting Thread #1

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 3 | Voting Thread #1  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can I invite everyone to vote on the question of reverse grids and car swaps please?  I've included an initial vote (for each) but then an additional vote to determine what impact it would have on participation if the vote goes against.  We don't want to lose people; so we'll go with the majority unless anyone indicates that they don't want to race with reverse grids or no car swaps in place.

I'm good either way on most things and will participate no matter what the outcome, but I changed my mind about the reversed grid for the 2nd sprint race. I think reversed grid gives the slower or less fortunate person a fighting chance. I understand it can be stressfull with a bunch of faster guys breathing down your neck, but it is their responsibility to pass you safely. It makes the 2nd race a lot more interesting overall.

With that said, I understand the other agument as well - if you have raced hard for your position in the 1st race, you'd want to start the 2nd race from that position as well. So hey, colour me neutral either way.

I like the reverse grids, even though I always seem to lose out by being rear ended.

I also voted to keep the fixed car choice over a Season - as someone else said I like knowing who is who from the shape and livery.

25 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

I don't think that the argument against reverse grids comes from the quicker drivers feeling aggrieved about starting at the back. It's more the (understandable) annoyance from the slower guys getting punted by impatient quicker drivers or from the stress of it all!

Absolutely.  It's the slower guys that I was thinking about.  Generally speaking, I get the impression that the faster guys like the challenge of coming through the field; the concern was around whether it's sucking the fun out of it for the slower guys having aliens probing their rear ;)

1 hour ago, Count Buffalos said:

I don't think that the argument against reverse grids comes from the quicker drivers feeling aggrieved about starting at the back. It's more the (understandable) annoyance from the slower guys getting punted by impatient quicker drivers or from the stress of it all!

Yeah it really sucks the fun out of reverse grid races for me. The faster guys are used to later braking points and different lines. I think the only reverse grid I've ever gotten through unscathed has been when there was a massive pile up further down the field at T1.

It's not enjoyable in the slightest when you're trying to keep up with people you're competitive with and you get smashed off as someone faster comes through.

I'd probably ask to be started from the back regardless. I'll be massively down on those I'm usually racing but I'll just catch up when they get punted off.

If other people like them then I'd rather they got priority in the decision making and we keep it as it is.

34 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Don’t know if you’ve got it planned @davejm, but I’d be interested in the group’s thoughts about a ‘blue riband’ 2h race :)

Just working on the track list for season 3, and yeah this is something I have in mind.  I'm thinking a Spa 2 hour Endurance.

37 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Cool. I think that the number of players could play a factor though - 2 hours of racing on your own is a long time whereas a shorter track would mean more overtaking and lapping. 

Yeah good point.  Can always ask peeps what track they'd prefer for the 'blue riband' and see if there's any sort of consensus.

4 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

Cool. I think that the number of players could play a factor though - 2 hours of racing on your own is a long time whereas a shorter track would mean more overtaking and lapping. 

Does that involve a driver swap and if yes, local or online?

I can do a 2h race by myself if we would start at 9pm CET. An online driver swap would mean we're gonna need more players, but a local swap would be an option for me (with my sim racing uncle Psychodad who some of you may know from the Xbox days).

Just now, Count Buffalos said:

I don't think that there's enough of us to do driver swaps is there? It'd be an 8 or so car field.

Yeah, but we could be allowed to have a sim racing mate over for a physical swap. Covid responsible of course.

Whilst I'd love to do a longer endurance race with driver swaps, we really need lots more people involved for something like that.  A long race with hardly any cars on track wouldn't work.

EDIT: just re-read the posts and you're talking about a local swap.  I think we'd just work out the timings so as many people can race as possible.

If we did a 2 hour endurance we could have qualifying based on the weekly timings and then start the race at 8pm GMT/9 CET and just run a little later.