IGNORED

PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Pob

59 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

I'm now looking for a code for a disc version if anyone has one they don't want please.

Thanks.

You might be a bit out of luck in terms of the latest code, as I think the cut off date was today :(

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Yeah, I'm after a digital console to replace my shitty "will it/wont it boot" disc version, but everywhere is ridiculous bundles. :hmm:

you’d buy another one, less than a year later, rather than getting the first one sorted?

4 minutes ago, SeanR said:

you’d buy another one, less than a year later, rather than getting the first one sorted?

I did get the first one "sorted", Sony replaced my faulty one with a slightly less faulty one (after initially "fixing" it). My plan is to get myself a digital console (because I've realised I don't need the disc drive at all), then send this shitty replacement back to Sony to either be fixed/replaced for good, and then give it to my nephew.

Out of curiosity - if anyone did the Currys VIP thing in the last batch - has anyone got their machine yet? The answer they gave to me last week was in terms of 'string' and 'dubious length thereof', so not expecting anything yet. But, as they initially buggered up the order, and had to wait to get it sorted out my fears are they've written down something else wrong and unless I pester them I might be stuck in limbo!

Picked mine up from Currys today along with Ratchet & Clank. May have put my back out. As I expected, given the difficulty placing the order, Currys got it wrong and there wasn't a copy of Ratchet and Clank with my console, so they had to give me a standard retail copy.

Also picked up Judgment, Lost Judgment and Death Stranding.

Thanks again to @Jonny5 for the VIP code.

Still no word from my local Curry’s about the thing :( . I don’t mind the waiting, but the inability to get anyone to fully confirm that they actually have my details correct fills me with dread. Will be popping into the store soon to check up on it I guess. If they can’t find my details I suspect I’ll be asking for a refund…

Well. In a strange tale of cosmic fate that no-one cares about (but I’ll write about it anyway), I came home from work just now with a PS5 in the boot.

All thanks to bastard Cambridge united football club buggering up the roads on my journey home, and causing me to swear profusely I decided to pop into Currys and see what was going on. 

The thing had been there for a week, and as I suspected, no one had bothered to sort out the phone number. 

But. I do have the console, and my questing for all the pretty things has now come to an end.

For now ;) 

(the box is fucking massive isn’t it? I felt slightly awkward walking to my car with it)

7 hours ago, skondo said:

Picked mine up from Currys today along with Ratchet & Clank. May have put my back out. As I expected, given the difficulty placing the order, Currys got it wrong and there wasn't a copy of Ratchet and Clank with my console, so they had to give me a standard retail copy.

Also picked up Judgment, Lost Judgment and Death Stranding.

Thanks again to @Jonny5 for the VIP code.

And there I was thinking everything was all good - only to find out they've forgotten to give me my copy of R&C :P

Oh well, back I'll go sometime next week for that one then. Plenty of stuff to get going on in the meantime!

Edit: The console really isn't any better looking in the flesh. It offends my eyes enormously, and the sooner I find a place to hide it (without causing the thing to blow up) the better. 

I like the joypad though - that feels nice in the hand, so there's that at least. 

I haven’t even played this console yet, but bloody hell it’s not that welcoming is it?  I can’t help but compare to Series X and the entire set up with that was seamless, conversely the PS5 is a pain in the arse. It feels very next gen, far more than the Series X, but it’s just so damned unintuitive. I always pressed this on the pad to turn my PS4 off, nope that doesn’t work, let’s look at the instructions, nope that doesn’t tell me either. Christ it’s noisy when installing games. Don’t get me wrong, I’m really excited to finally have a PS5, but the initial experience has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat.

45 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Well i'm in a queue at Game. In the unlikely event I get one, will the fact i bought mine from Game stop me ordering another one?

Any movement on yours yet? I joined the queue shortly after, maybe 15 mins ago. 

Just now, Stanley said:

Any movement on yours yet? I joined the queue shortly after, maybe 15 mins ago. 

Have you put your email address down at Curry's? I ended up with a code from them a while back - so it does work. May take a few months though.. but do it anyway you may get a nice surprise one day. Downside is they usually put bundles together but its only a pad or something so not hugely expensive (£499 for cheapest bundle).

55 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Have you put your email address down at Curry's? I ended up with a code from them a while back - so it does work. May take a few months though.. but do it anyway you may get a nice surprise one day. Downside is they usually put bundles together but its only a pad or something so not hugely expensive (£499 for cheapest bundle).

I had a look but I’m not sure they’re doing now. 

I've mentioned it before in the thread but anyone with an EE sim should sign up for their updates if they are after one. I did and received a txt a few days later telling me they'd have stock the next day. Got one the following morning with no queue or faff, they still had machines an hour later. Received two more of those txts telling me they'd have stock the next morning.

Came in a couple of days too.