PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Pob

2 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Things looking up I got an email saying the order is being packed and will be dispatched the day before release. But given the 'release' is two weeks away I don't see what they can be packing. Unless they are really taking their time over it, like Rowan Atkinson's character in Love Actually ('tis but the work of a moment'). More GAME tomfoolery, in short.

For info, I ordered mine on the 12th May, got the "We're processing your pre-order and it'll be dispatched the day before release" later the same day (5pm ish), and then got the "We've dispatched your order" a few hours later (8pm ish).  It arrived on the 14th.  This was all whilst they were saying the 'release' day was the 17th.

I did pay the "I'm an idiot" tax to get priority shipping.

Possibly. They’re working from home, so...

saying that, they’ll ask you to confirm the last couple of digits. Maybe you could catch them out by giving a bogus code and see if the accept it to get to the payment bit.

if they say that’s not right, you know they’re legit?

or something 

Currys didn't call me after I put my vip code in.  Anyone else?  I did ask them if they were going to on their customer service web chat but was told they were running behind schedule. 

Since then, nothing.

I got a call from Curry’s but about week later than the 7 business days they stated. I alternated reading out parts of the code with the person on the other end, so we validated each other if you like.

No email, I received a call on my mobile from ‘no caller id’ which I wouldn’t usually answer but I’d heard that’s how it comes through 

9 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Currys didn't call me after I put my vip code in.  Anyone else?  I did ask them if they were going to on their customer service web chat but was told they were running behind schedule. 

Since then, nothing.

Nope, heard nothing despite emailing them.  Had no missed calls either.

I’ve an email that ‘guarantees’ me a PS5, but I’m not holding out any hope.  Not sure how they’ve managed to fuck it up so badly.

Anyone who doesn't have one needs to get on the Discord server, get the alerts and use the Amazon Smile-Wishlist method. 

I managed to get through to the checkout today just in the sake of curiousity, having already bought one from Amazon two weeks ago using the same method. If you're awake, quick, and keep trying to add it to your basket even if it doesn't work at first, you should get it. 

I got mine two weeks ago, on a Wednesday, at almost exactly the same time (8:30am your time, just as I was getting out of the car after work in the evening my time, fortunately), so that seems to be when Amazon put theirs up.

Amazon still seems the most efficient way of getting one, without loads of queue systems, sites going down, extortionate bundles etc. 

Amazon do seem the best way. I got both mine and my brothers just using the regular Amazon site on my PC, just added to basket first time and checked out with no issues.

I picked one up this morning via the Amazon-smile- wish list method with zero hassle and it was a good 5 mins after the PS UKStock had posted on Twitter.

Crazy that I have a PS5 coming tomorrow!! Off to get some cheap PS credit from Shopto for Returnal and work out how to upgrade the games I already own digitally. 

Wished I had waited til Amazon instead of buying GAME for next week. I could've had it for the weekend! But a bird in the hand, etc.

Also has led to a weird coincidence. I was originally trying to get a PS5 for Christmas for my son, and luckily he was fine with the stock shortages and getting one ASAP. Of course, there was no ASAP so it took this damn long. And weirdly, given the pre-order date GAME specify and adding one day for the next day delivery - the day it'll arrive will be his actual birthday.

28 minutes ago, Banjaxed said:

PS credit from Shopto for Returnal

This is the right thing to do.

It's a staggering good game and an absolute essential for a new PS5...

9 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Apparently Amazon UK had 13,000 consoles to sell in the drop this morning. Hopefully everyone who wanted one managed to get one 😎

Do most people in the forum who want one now have one? Or are there still a bunch of folks searching?

36 minutes ago, Oz said:

Do most people in the forum who want one now have one? Or are there still a bunch of folks searching?

that sounds like a poll!

36 minutes ago, Oz said:

Not massively searching (as in following stock alerts by the minute) but if I could, at my leisure, click onto amazon and buy one I probably would. I'll get one when I don't have to put much effort in! 

19 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Nice Newfoundland

(Shit joke about the size of the PS5)

Yeah, you get plenty of plastic for your money, I'll give them that. I thought it didn't look so bad from the size of the box but it turns out the box is nearly all PS5.