PlayStation 5 stock alerts

12 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Ahh digital. Not even checking those. Too many back compat discs.

The alert was for digital but I went straight to disc and got one. 

The bots sending these alerts often send multiple for different SKUs, so best thing is just to try as soon as you get one. 

It took about a week for mine from Smyths to arrive, no hassle at all. I've still not bought any new games, I've just been playing PS+ stuff and old PS4 games. I did buy the double pack of cold war last year, so that's ps5 native at least. It's busted though, stuttery as hell.

1 hour ago, bumgut said:

So how long till anyone who wants one can buy one without any hassle?

2 months? 3? longer?

This is what I’m wondering. I don’t have the time (or inclination) to have alerts open all the time and be ready to grab one. I just want to be able to go to any online shop and buy one without the effort.

I did try for 3 or 4 months but found it too stressful and lost enthusiasm.

I think it's going to be longer than 2-3 months. They're still going for £650-700 on eBay so it's still well worth it for the scalpers, you get one maybe two big drops per month and they're gone in seconds. I see them being hard to get until at least Autumn and then it'll start being hard to get them because Christmas. So most of the year basically.

29 minutes ago, Majora said:

I think it's going to be longer than 2-3 months. They're still going for £650-700 on eBay so it's still well worth it for the scalpers, you get one maybe two big drops per month and they're gone in seconds. I see them being hard to get until at least Autumn and then it'll start being hard to get them because Christmas. So most of the year basically.

I think that's why you are better to do the whole pay 1p and register interest thing until the PS6 comes out. You might then get one.

1 hour ago, marsh said:

I think that's why you are better to do the whole pay 1p and register interest thing until the PS6 comes out. You might then get one.

I did that register interest thing. I assume it just means I should get an alert though (I’ve never received any) rather than first dibs.

A waste of a penny. I could have bought a cola cube with that.

15 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

I did that register interest thing. I assume it just means I should get an alert though (I’ve never received any) rather than first dibs.

A waste of a penny. I could have bought a cola cube with that.

Where are you buying your cola cubes? You should be scalping them at that price.

I also have a sticky x button, it's used a lot for jumping in Sekiro and after 10-15 minutes starts to stick, again another known issue apparently. Oh well the curse of the early adopter, at least the trigger material isn't disintegrating like my launch ps4 pad did.

I get discord and Twitter alerts for cola cubes and I've not been able to get any for months. I'd be pretty fucking interested to know where Monkeyspill is getting his seemingly unending supply. 

My mother in law is over today (shut up we’ve been her support bubble since they were first allowed) saw the PS5 and said “oh I’ve just been offered one of those”

She’s been sent an email from JD Williams as a ‘valued customer’ to buy a bundle. Bundle’s not great and is £630 but if you know anyone who shops there I’d imagine there’s a decent chance of getting one as it’s not on their website

6 hours ago, elmo said:

My mother in law is over today (shut up we’ve been her support bubble since they were first allowed) saw the PS5 and said “oh I’ve just been offered one of those”

Imagine if she had got one before you did :lol:

6 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

What a swizz! They were 1 pee each in my local sweet shop circa 1984. Some sweets were 1/2 pee too. 

On the downside, the proprietor would scoop them out with his bare hands, probably after scratching his arse crack.

That added to the flavour.

The heady aroma of coke and shit....

Smyths have already despatched. Nice.

This week's TCGS is well worth a listen if you've got a vague interest in this thread. The stuff about enjoying the game of trying to get a PS5 is so true. I'm kind of hoping someone else asks me to nab them one, so I can keep using this discord and once again feel the incredible highs of having copped.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Smyths have already despatched. Nice.

This week's TCGS is well worth a listen if you've got a vague interest in this thread. The stuff about enjoying the game of trying to get a PS5 is so true. I'm kind of hoping someone else asks me to nab them one, so I can keep using this discord and once again feel the incredible highs of having copped.

if this offer is real I’ll give you £75 finders fee if you nab me one

I kind of meant friends/family, but I've still got my base 1p pre-order, so if they offer me a console anytime soon, will definitely offer it up on here. I don't use the account much so hopefully someone can just use my account and get it delivered straight to them.

On 20/02/2021 at 00:37, Monkeyspill said:

What a swizz! They were 1 pee each in my local sweet shop circa 1984. Some sweets were 1/2 pee too. 

On the downside, the proprietor would scoop them out with his bare hands, probably after scratching his arse crack.

Remember when tubes of Smarties had the plastic bit on the end that wasn't sealed when you bought them? Anyone could have stuck their winky in the end of it and put it back on the shelf. Happy days!

eBay prices are starting to creep down, probably because it's been flooded with consoles after the latest big drop. I mean, most are still hitting £650 but it's definitely edging in the right direction. Still more than enough profit there to make it worthwhile for the scalpers for now though, especially considering eBay keep running £1 max selling fee promotions recently.

38 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

Seriously, cola cubes aside, what does the Base 1p pre-order actually mean? 

Is it actually a pre-order or just another stock alert.

Who knows? :)

Their site says "If you register your interest now, you will be notified if and when more consoles become available", but who know what that actually means.  Optimistically, I was hoping that it meant that they'd let all of their interested people know before putting it up on the website (and maybe just allow one console per penny 'pre-order'), but I strongly suspect they'll just send an email and put it online at the same time, sell out in 5 minutes (probably before all the emails even get sent), and happily tell their penny-pre-orderers "Sorry, we're out of stock now, but we did notify you.  Do you want a refund?"

6 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

Seriously, cola cubes aside, what does the Base 1p pre-order actually mean? 

Is it actually a pre-order or just another stock alert.

They don’t put stock on their website. They just offer it to people on the preorder list in order of who preordered first.