PlayStation 5 stock alerts

9 minutes ago, grungekid said:

Argos is currently saying add to checkout for me but then says there was error when adding to checkout every time... Does this mean they're gone?

Been the same for me when I tried at 6:30. They probably all went hours before that.

Still, 1st time I've actually seen one in a basket. Just a matter of time now!

I was working until 3 am last night and messing around with Argos in between calls, and I feel like I'm dead today. I don't know how people are staying up for no other reason than getting a console on a persistent basis.

Will try to get one from Very today.

Oh, and there was some lad in the Discord last night going crazy cos he was £3 short of having enough for a digital (because of the £4 postage). It apparently took about 20 minutes for someone to just send him the 3 quid and he still managed to get one. People are absolutely raging. :lol:

Apparently, he was back a few hours later asking for £20 so he could buy UFC for it. :lol:

20 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Oh, and there was some lad in the Discord last night going crazy cos he was £3 short of having enough for a digital (because of the £4 postage). It apparently took about 20 minutes for someone to just send him the 3 quid and he still managed to get one. People are absolutely raging. :lol:

Apparently, he was back a few hours later asking for £20 so he could buy UFC for it. :lol:

Lad. lol!

Just now, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Access denied

Access denied

Access denied

Clear your cookies. It does that if you refresh too much.

Unfortunately, I have to go out in a bit, so unless there's a drop in next 5-10 mins, I'm out of luck.

I thought about getting a disc model and flogging my digital. Fucking hell. CEX will only give £220 for it. I wasn't trying to turn a profit but I did think I would break even.

Guess I'm sticking with it. 

11 minutes ago, Marlew said:

I thought about getting a disc model and flogging my digital. Fucking hell. CEX will only give £220 for it. I wasn't trying to turn a profit but I did think I would break even.

Guess I'm sticking with it. 

Something odd about CEX and the digital model. They say they sell them for £360 which is.. RRP?! But they are out of stock! And if they are only offering £220 they aren't trying very hard to get them in. Odd.

8 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Something odd about CEX and the digital model. They say they sell them for £360 which is.. RRP?! But they are out of stock! And if they are only offering £220 they aren't trying very hard to get them in. Odd.

Don't think the demand is ultimately there for the digital version long term so I'm guessing they don't want to build stock up. I think its because Sony are still doing physical disk releases so to be only tied to a digital store to get content will get expensive quickly especially with Sony exclusives being RRP on store (£70). Whereas you can already pick up say Demon's Souls for around £35-40.

Personally I woudn't want the digital version of the PS5 is I was getting one because of the above and there is no GamePass type services on Playstation. I wouldn't pay £70 for a game and only have the option to buy from one place. Although you can source digital game codes from other stores (CDKeys et al) but they aren't really discounted that much.

Why I am happy to wait a while before getting a PS5 to tinker with. Wait for the games to get released and then mop up the best content for the console at some point - there will probably be a lite version at some point too which will be smaller and perhaps cheaper.

@MattyP That makes sense. I've got 300+ digital games in my library and external storage so it works for me, but I have a fair bit of AAA stuff that I would rather try for a few hours and then get it off the premises if I don't jive with the mother fucker. 

Thinking of getting the digital model if I get the chance.

They give you a bunch of the best PS4 games that run enhanced, plus Control. So with PS+ I can’t imagine buying anything full price at launch more than once every year or two.

The launch games already seem to be going for about thirty quid.

I cannot understand why Amazon never seem to have had any in for ages. I thought they would be able to secure the most stock out of all of these retailers. 

Anyway, looking the the size of that though, I might just wait for the "slim" version haha.

1 hour ago, elmo said:

Oh wicked, Argos sent me the wrong console that they charged me twice for and can't replace for the correct one.

Wait, so they charged you 2x £450 and sent you a digital version?