PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Pob

4 minutes ago, marsh said:

I could be wrong but Very strikes me as the kind of console stockist that is doing this as a complete afterthought, used by 'Karens' to largely ensure that their kiddywinks get everything in life that they want. Probably more hardcore than any of us right now and more than prepared to sit down for the next 48 hours to ensure that they don't miss a good fight in what will probably be a really good queue simulator. You'll need an ships oar to prize them away from a screen to miss this at half term.

I got my Pro and PSVR on launch day from Very - they were excellent to be honest. 

Just now, Parappa said:

I got my Pro and PSVR on launch day from Very - they were excellent to be honest. 

Yes, I dare say my observations are completely unjustfied and unfounded. It's not an online retailer I've ever used for anthying, perception is a funny old thing.

I've, for some reason, always been a Nintendo and Xbox platform gamer but its lockdown, my monthly expenditure is much less than normal, so I'd probably treat myself to the digital console to play things I've missed over the years like Spiderman. 

But yeah, I'm not about to start searching like a mad man for a console. If it was there in stock on Amazon I'd probably go for it but can't be arsed otherwise. 

Of course, Sony wouldn't have wanted this to happen but I am sure they are frustrated that what could be a great time for selling electronic entertainment to people and the consoles are bloody massively supply constrained. 

Half tempted to just see if I can buy a cheap second hand PS4 Pro but it does seem a little self defeating in terms of future proofing. 

I've used Very for an Oculus Rift, Quest 2 and the PS5 pad charging dock. They charge £3.99 for postage, but the service has been excellent, and having 12 months interest free is pretty handy. I wouldn't let the fact that it's from Very put anyone off.

I’ll probably get it from very.

They are straight forward and easy to deal with and I’m sure they get shitloads of stock.

I don’t have actually have much I want to play on it right now and will probably stick it on 12 months interest free.

11 hours ago, marsh said:

I got bored the other night and started deliberately low balling scalpers on ebay with best offers ranging from 99p to £3.67. Because fuck them.

I do this to any prick that sets the price as free on facebook marketplace and then puts the price in the description

Yeah it’s by region. Last time it slowly went in stock over different regions over a few hours.

thankfully my weak bladder woke me up. Had a quick check of the twitch stream and it was going nuts. Popped onto the app and ordered. Very lucky.

although they have charged me twice so I’ve got some explaining to do in the morning. 

I really hope it isn’t reason to panic, but every time I’ve had that particular status the item has never turned up. Perhaps somebody else got the five-finger discount. Fingers crossed you get yours. 

Fuck man, I hope not! 

I just checked the status this morning when I woke up and it’s changed to that. I wonder if that means it never even reached the delivery truck for transit?

Woke up at 3.30am to my phone buzzing with stock-alerts.

Followed the link...all gone.

Now I’m hearing you have you search on Argos by region, just like yesterday it was you should go through Amazon Smile which I’d never heard of.

Utter bull-crap.

0957FD0C-4F6A-4872-8A3E-6924F4B6EC8B.gif

20 minutes ago, Malc said:

Fuck man, I hope not! 

I just checked the status this morning when I woke up and it’s changed to that. I wonder if that means it never even reached the delivery truck for transit?

I've had the same issue a couple of times over the last week where this has happened and the items have all been delivered the next day. Hope this is the case for your PS5

58 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

Good to see Argos doing their bit to combat bots by making stock available when most people will be able to get online :angry:  

Yep, the only conclusion is they actually quite like bots doing the purchasing for the obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, womblingfree said:

Got an alert for Very just now.

All gone.

Seems like a false alert but Very's stock is expected to drop today. If you're talking about the Discord alert they're talking about it in #ps5-stock