PlayStation 5 stock alerts

4 minutes ago, Totoro said:

It's non-essential. Could you imagine the bad press that SONY would get it queues of people started showing up as Sainso's trying to buy a PS5.

As far as SONY is concerned, i'm sure they are not happy lots of consoles are still sitting around in boxes.

They want people using them to buy games and subscriptions.

If you’re willing to spend £800+ on a console I’d imagine you’d be a big spender on games. It’s better for Sony than selling a PS5 to the person that only plays FIFA or Call of Duty.

2 hours ago, Hylian said:

Managed to get lucky with Currys this morning. I think I got one at the very moment they finally sold out. Was in "queue" for an hour. Just very lucky I think. 

Would recommend putting this on in the background while you work. It plays a sound when it detects stock and lag is only about 10 seconds. Have all the retailers open in tabs. Amazon and Argos still to come this week. 

http://www.twitch.tv/retro_alpha_wolf

That great. Is there one of those for the dual charger?

14 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

No idea, sorry. You be best off with Telegram or hotstock for that (though I never got any useful alerts on hotstock for the console) 

17 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Try Stock Informer, I got one a couple of weeks back through them. No console for it go with, mind, so it might end up in Trading if I get fed up of the chase.

18 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Try Stock Informer, I got one a couple of weeks back through them. No console for it go with, mind, so it might end up in Trading if I get fed up of the chase.

Let me know if you do sell - would be very happy to take it off your hands.

42 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Just jumped in the queue, 1 hour wait time :lol:

Definitely not getting one of those.

I was in an hour long queue before christmas and ended up getting one. Don't lose hope!

5 minutes ago, Adrock said:

They're out of stock? That's shit. I'm in the queue still but no message to say they don't have any more. They put a message on the queue yesterday.

Yeah, they are gone. 

1 minute ago, bumgut said:

is series x having the same problem? what about series S?

Series S is staying in stock a fair while when it comes in. Series X still disappears very quickly though.

34 minutes ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Realistically, when will these be available without stock shortages?

My guess is when the pandemic starts to ease and people start spending money on other things! 

3 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

As long as CEX are still buying them in for £600.00 a pop as well, you will still get scalpers. Nobody's having to sit on any of these.

no one but CEX anyway

42 minutes ago, SeanR said:

no one but CEX anyway

They are still buying them in at £625. :(

Noticed that the Xbox Series X through has now dropped from £500 to £455 for their buy in price.

Guessing they must be getting a few of those in. PS5s are still hard to get seen a few around here for around £550 on FB marketplace - still a bit of a markup though. They'll start to drop down in a couple of months I guess.

After trying the stock informer and alert nonsense, getting mad and giving up, I was pleasantly surprised I got one just before Xmas having previously registered interest with BT shop. They sent out invites for 1 each to the registered person only.

My friend has got one coming next week. He registered with base.com just before Christmas and paid a penny deposit. He had an email yesterday asking if he still wanted it.

Worth trying these and there may be other retailers doing similar? Takes out the drama, you might have to wait a bit but seems to work?

Bt Shop just says 'we have had our allocation' however Base.com are still doing the 1p thing for stock, so I've gone with that on the off chance that GT Sport get's a release date this year and I get to avoid the bundle for consoles that will come as a result....