PlayStation 5 stock alerts

It's absurd.  Cex are still offering to buy at £200 more than RRP.

Edit - ...and that ridiculous bundle last night was out of stock by the time I clicked the link from the Telegraph notification on my phone.  All the time places like Cex are guaranteeing the scalpers' money it's not going to drop off, is it?

3 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

I'm really annoyed at the lack of charging docks. The scalping surrounding the PS5 is incredible to behold.

Just brought this, its not offical, but doesn't look too ugly and is currently half price so seems like a good deal

image.png.bcb4d2f9440d33f4c25d4bb269d85e29.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MCJ5YQY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is also charges other USB C controllers like Xbox Series X/S and Stadia

3 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

I'm really annoyed at the lack of charging docks. The scalping surrounding the PS5 is incredible to behold.

I ordered mine through Amazon DE before christmas, not sure if they have any still but it was pretty much the same price as getting one from the UK.
(obvs that may not be the case now depending on customs, etc)

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

You'd lose £100?

Not for ever though, Amazon would give it back to you... eventually.

5 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

Seeing as it’s on Amazon, wouldn’t whoever fell for it be protected?

Yep.

These scams pop up, they sell the stuff, Amazon ONLY send you the money to your Amazon accoutn after you have marked it as dispatched, and if it is a new account, they will not release the money to the "seller" for at least a fortnight, even as an established seller, you are only able to dispurse your balance once every 24 hours, it's definitely not like on eBay with Paypal, where you can grab the cash out right away, or spend the PP ballance.

I was a seller on Amazon for 7 years, listing was so easy that I avoided eBay, could easily get 80-100 items listed in an hour, but the stress, oh my God! I've been doing eBay full time since October, and it's such a dramatic shift, Amazon's customers are nothign short of vile in comparison, and customer service on Amazon is a joke, eBay has been great, I'm annoyed I hung around on Amazon for so long tbh, I feel sorry for anyone running a business on there.

I had expressed my interest, but didn't get the email. I don't think I would have gone for one at that price, but it's frustrating knowing that even when I do sign up for alerts, they aren't working anyway.

Just now, skondo said:

Sorry all, didn’t realise the link was only sent to those who specifically registered. Have not bought one.

It's fine, good to keep abreast of the fact that somethings are started to move if nothing else. Personally, now I have missed Christmas I am going to just wait however long 'til I can get the plain console instead of being suckered into a bundle. (Before Christmas, desperation might have kicked in).

Simplygames have been proper price-gouging shits with these new consoles. Really put me off ever buying from them in the future. They're doing it with their Series X stock too even though the eBay prices for that are now barely above the break-even point once you take into account fees and postage costs.

I’m out of the PS5 stock game. After getting lucky with the console in December I managed to pick up a remote not long after but I haven’t seen the charging docks in stock at all until yesterday at Amazon. 

Arrived today and I can finally leave the stockinformer discord!

Scalpers at it again gloating they got 2000 consoles from the recent stock drop.

Hope they get lumbered with them. There can be only so many people that will overpay for a console. Especially now Xmas demand has dropped off.

12 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Scalpers at it again gloating they got 2000 consoles from the recent stock drop.

Hope they get lumbered with them. There can be only so many people that will overpay for a console. Especially now Xmas demand has dropped off.

Yeah, can't last forever. I hope people can be patient for a bit now the Christmas rush is over.

It infuriates me massively. I know that none of the retailers or Sony actually give a toss, and no doubt Game are actively happy to sell to the scalpers as was mentioned earlier, but it just sours everything for me. 

How hard would it be for each shop to just have a list, and hand them out in order like it’s the 20th century or something archaic like that? Might actually get some customer satisfaction that way.