Jump to content

Games that run better on the Xbox Series S|X (includes BC games as well as Series S|X optimisations)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pinholestar said:


It’s outrageous isn’t it. First 4k/60 game I tried on it and my jaw hit the floor. Lord only knows what Playground Games will deliver when they have the full power of Series X to play with. 
 

This gen is going to be fucking bonkers. :wacko:

Indeed. Waiting with anticipation for the next Forza Horizon announcement from Playground. We are due an announcement soon I guess as FH4 was released back in autumn 2018 and they usually run in 2 year cycles and alternate with the main Forza Motorsports franchise which last released with 7 in autumn 2017.

 

I expect we'll get some Forza news soon... :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Harsin said:

I bought Star Wars Squadrons as it can be had for £21 on CDKeys at the moment. I was having trouble getting the code to work through the console, so put it in on the Microsoft website and it worked.

 

I thoughtit was supposed to automatically download on your Xbox (console set to Instant On)? But nothing happened and the game wasn't even showing up in my library with an option to download. Eventually got it by going to it's store page where it said 'You Already Own This' and pressing download.

 

I think it's a bug. It's happened to me a few times on the Xbox One. Updates don't always seem to get applied either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Indeed. Signature trademark of the series is 60fps. Think only the very first one was 30fps back on the Xbox.

I actually think out of Forza 7 and Horizon 4, 7 is the better game, I just love the immediacy of the racing and it looks amazing - prefer the main line series generally tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I actually think out of Forza 7 and Horizon 4, 7 is the better game, I just love the immediacy of the racing and it looks amazing - prefer the main line series generally tbh. 

Very different games I guess. FM7 is going for the simulator angle. FH the arcade racer. Compliment each other very nicely though. I was a big PGR fan and FH scratches that itch. Also always been a fan of FM series though right back to when it originally came out on the XBox all those years ago. Love the fact you could fully tweak the cars and personalise them etc. Think sometimes people don't understand how much of a revelation it was back then! :) Even Gran Turismo now has a paint mode I think... 

 

Which reminds me need to download FM7.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Played Assassins Creed Odyssey this morning, picking up from where I left off on the One X last week.

 

Other than the quicker loading times, which were pretty atrocious on last gen hardware, the game is exactly the same, no real improvements. Looks as good as it did on the One X for me (which is to say it looks very pretty) and is the same old 30fps.

 

I'm quietly hoping they'll patch it for 60fps, but knowing Ubi they probably won't because they don't want to cannibalise the sales of Valhalla.

 

Watch Dogs Legion is still ugly as sin, even with ray-tracing (bear in mind these were captured in HDR so the levels are fucked):

 

UntidyFrankAmericancurl-size_restricted.

 

LinearPeriodicFrillneckedlizard-size_res

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koefoed said:

Must say that Destiny 2 looked really nice and played really well in 60fps, even on a standard 1080p monitor which is what I use to play my consoles on.

 

It's not in 60fps yet, it's a capped 30fps game. Next gen patch not out until 9th Dec. It'll have FOV slider too so should look significantly slicker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Anyone tried No Man's Sky yet?


I’m literally just about to load it up on Series X so will let you know...

 

Exciting times!

 

edit:

 

image.gif.8b26054b29f3c0cd54eabde7b371d384.gif

 

Looks absolutely stunning. I’ve been playing it a lot on a base PS4 recently so performance on last-gen consoles is fresh in my memory. Next-gen version blows it out of the water in all its 60fps upgraded texture and draw distance glory. Fuck me.:blink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Anyone tried Sekiro yet?

Digital Foundry did. It's not a solid 60, regularly dropping into the 50s during play, but if you have a VRR-capable screen that should smooth it out nicely.

 

(It actually runs better on PS5 as the PS4 Pro used good image reconstruction whilst One X didn't, which is yet another reminder that ultra high native resolutions aren't worth the performance cost.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carlospie said:

Is quick resume disabled? I just tried to go from forza to sea of thieves and nothing happened 


Think those are two of the always online games that it doesn’t work properly with at the moment? It’s been working fine for me today with Jedi Fallen Order and various indie games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Played Assassins Creed Odyssey this morning, picking up from where I left off on the One X last week.

 

Other than the quicker loading times, which were pretty atrocious on last gen hardware, the game is exactly the same, no real improvements. Looks as good as it did on the One X for me (which is to say it looks very pretty) and is the same old 30fps.

Another thing - this thread for the upgraded games not standard ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Another thing - this thread for the upgraded games not standard ones.

 

But it's good to know which games offer no improvements, saves others trying them. It's not just games that have X|S patches available, it's also about those games that had unlocked frame rates or dynamic resolution, which are now massively increased. For example Crysis Remastered was terrible on a One X, with huge dips below 30fps but now hits a solid 60fps. Hitman 2 has also doubled it's frame rate from 30 to 60.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, koefoed said:

Must say that Destiny 2 looked really nice and played really well in 60fps, even on a standard 1080p monitor which is what I use to play my consoles on.

 

I thought the 60fps patch wasn't until later in the month?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

 

But it's good to know which games offer no improvements, saves others trying them. It's not just games that have X|S patches available, it's also about those games that had unlocked frame rates or dynamic resolution, which are now massively increased. For example Crysis Remastered was terrible on a One X, with huge dips below 30fps but now hits a solid 60fps. Hitman 2 has also doubled it's frame rate from 30 to 60.

In that case the title needs changing as, to me, it sounds like it's only for the upgraded (X|S optimised) games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.