Games that run better on the Xbox Series S|X (includes BC games as well as Series S|X optimisations)

Back compat. experience is variable so far:

Trials rising: runs smooth as silk, loading is massively improved.

Subnautica loading screen looks incredible but doesn't load past that screen.

Most others I have tried have been SX enhanced and require a download to play.

Trying viva pinata tip now.

Just now, Cosmic_Guru said:

Set up really easy (I had all my games on an external drive). Just transferring over the FH4 and Wasteland 3 games for immediate perusal.  I have yet to test the Blu ray black screen of death.  Even spun up Fallout New Vegas and it loaded all my saves (I just forgot how long an intro that game has).

Please be aware that FH4 at least has a huge patch for Series X improvements

Really impressed by how quickly the game pass games are coming down the pipe, Microsoft’s server must be taking an absolute pounding - more so once America wakes up and take delivery. 

Ori in 4K 60 with HDR makes Ori on Switch look like human faeces smeared on a wall. 

8 minutes ago, unleashedmaniac said:

Hmmm! That's strange. Is it just FH4 that crashes?

Yeah, it's fully downloaded too. Crashes at the same spot each time. Although sometimes it gives me an error - "unable to join session, return to free roam", but I don't know how to do that...

Just now, auntyclimax said:

Yeah, it's fully downloaded too. Crashes at the same spot each time. Although sometimes it gives me an error - "unable to join session, return to free roam", but I don't know how to do that...

Load the game and disconnect the internet connection before you get to that point.

3 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

FH4 used to do the same sort of thing for me on PC. I wonder if the optimised version is copied over from the PC and brought some bugs with it.

35 minutes ago, unleashedmaniac said:

FH4 in 4k and 60 fps... Oh my :wub:

Tell me about it. After playing some Tetris Effect while stuff downloaded in the background FH4 was the first thing I loaded up to to see what a Series X-enhanced game looked like and that intro sequence blew my fucking balls off. :blink:

Just now, CarloOos said:

Sigh, the Watch Dogs Legion patch is the size of the game. Might as well not have bothered moving it across if I’d known.

Every game I've updated today for Series X support has been the entire game redownloaded. That includes Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5. I don't think people are making proper use of smart delivery yet. Very surprising for MS not to be though.

1 hour ago, Simmy said:

Please be aware that FH4 at least has a huge patch for Series X improvements

I did not see an update when I installed.  However, I noticed it was a larger install of 80 plus GB so assuming that contains the next gen shinies.  Think it has as I have just had a quick blast and it's super shiny and super smooth!  Plus in the options under video, there is no longer any option to choose between Performance or Visual as I'm now getting both. Lovely jubbly.

2 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Sigh, the Watch Dogs Legion patch is the size of the game. Might as well not have bothered moving it across if I’d known.

All the smart delivery games are, unfortunately. Even if you buy on disc (as I found out with ACV), it will start installing and then at some point prompt you to download the entire thing. In my case, it was only when I went into the game after it was ready to start.

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

Every game I've updated today for Series X support has been the entire game redownloaded. That includes Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5. I don't think people are making proper use of smart delivery yet. Very surprising for MS not to be though.

Good to know. I won’t bother copying Forza Horizon then, I’ll just queue it up to download overnight.

1 minute ago, Clipper said:

is the quick resume thingy working for 6 games yet - I have only downloaded games my son plays robolox,minecraft,fortnite and prison architect - the first three don't quick resume unless they are last game loaded.

I seem to recall Digital Foundry or something saying that not every game supports it.

1 minute ago, Clipper said:

is the quick resume thingy working for 6 games yet - I have only downloaded games my son plays robolox,minecraft,fortnite and prison architect - the first three don't quick resume unless they are last game loaded.

It only works for some games at the moment. There was a last minute bug apparently. 

I am going from a One S to a Series X - fortnite loads much quicker and seems way sharper and prettier (I guess I have gone from 1080p to 4k HDR)

I have sea of thieves queued and State of Decay 2 and Gears Tactics and Space Giraffe (:D) but with a 60mb connection that is currently only giving 30mb to the Series X I have a bit of a wait - Sea of thieves is 40 gig on its own!

Fortnite was 20gb+

10 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I am going from a One S to a Series X - fortnite loads much quicker and seems way sharper and prettier (I guess I have gone from 1080p to 4k HDR)

I have sea of thieves queued and State of Decay 2 and Gears Tactics and Space Giraffe (:D) but with a 60mb connection that is currently only giving 30mb to the Series X I have a bit of a wait - Sea of thieves is 40 gig on its own!

Fortnite was 20gb+

Quoting myself but seems I was right - the nextgen version is a lot prettier

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-09-fortnites-next-gen-visuals-offer-a-noticeable-upgrade

Trying to explain to my son that it doesn't allow him to "crank 90s" any quicker (whatever the living fuck that means) :D