Xbox Series S|X hardware impressions

15 minutes ago, friedgold said:

:lol:

I'll play later

Any-old Bluetooth controller should work. I’m messing with downloads on the iPad  using my DualShock 4 as wife still has custody of the TV.

Anyway then Series S is seriously cute and very nice that I could just plug in the external and all my games appeared but does feel rather like getting a new iPhone, down to using an app to set it up and it copying all my old setting across by itself and the OS being identical.

Shocking omission the PC app not working for streaming on release though.

16 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Done! What a fucking day its been. Feel like I took a few steps in each of your shoes today with the drama rollercoaster of delivery notifications and courier confirmations. 

Chin-up to anyone who is still waiting, hopefully everything will come good by the end of the week. 

Enjoy all! (Sorry no dog, but the box scared the shit out of him and he ran off to his bed)

PXL_20201110_200927541.NIGHT.jpg

Enjoy the que!! 

Had to stick one of my LED dimming stickers over the power button as it proper catches my eye, (I do this with all tech with lights).

Put Wreckfest on as stuff is downloading and was chuffed with the loading times.:)

Fuck I hate having crap internet.... 2 Mbps on average this evening, all I've managed to play is some Pinball FX 2 and Riptide 2, as everything else was taking an age to transfer through the network.

Just about emptied a USB HDD ( 2 minutes to go transfering the stuff on it, off of it ) and I'll get that plugged in to transfer things over tonight while I'm sleeping, maybe I'll play something tomorrow... we shall see.

First impressions of the controller is that it's going back in the box, I'll stick to my Elite v1, the grips seemed to be digging into my hands something rotten whilst pinballing !!

1 minute ago, Jg15 said:

So is everyone moving stuff from their old external Hard Drives to the internal SSD to get the benefit of the faster load times or do games specifically require optimisation for this to happen?

Ive copied over a couple of my most-played multiplayer games, but won’t fuss with the rest just now :) 

Does anyone have a hissing when using wired earphones? 

I'm using a brand new pair of Arctis Steel series and the sound is just terrible. Hissing and really low. 

The earphones are fine though on other devices. 

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

That's not enough room. Needs good airflow from the left to the right and plenty of room at the right to pump out heat. 

Remove the box to the left and you should be OK. 

Why does it need airflow to the left and right? Doesn’t it usually stand up on the left side if you’ve got it vertical?

5 minutes ago, Pob said:

Why does it need airflow to the left and right? Doesn’t it usually stand up on the left side if you’ve got it vertical?

The left side when horizontal is the bottom when vertical - it's the air intake. 

If you can't sign in to play a game, go offline. That signed me in then I went online and I was online. 

1 hour ago, Wallace said:

Disappointed by the lack of optical out on the SX, I didn't even realise! 

Can't say I'm depressed by it though, still a nice bit of kit.

I was surprised by the lack of optical too. 
Thankfully, my Astro Mixamp had had a firmware update to bypass the optical cable altogether and now pumps out the audio via USB. 

15 minutes ago, Ry said:

Does anyone have a hissing when using wired earphones? 

I'm using a brand new pair of Arctis Steel series and the sound is just terrible. Hissing and really low. 

The earphones are fine though on other devices. 

You're not charging the pad/got it plugged in?

18 minutes ago, Pob said:

Oh shit really? Are they not just stored in the cloud like other saves? Are they still on your old Xbox?

All my saves are there greyed out. If I click one it downloads it fine

tested several , one said I had to load it elsewhere as copy in cloud is no good.