IGNORED

Xbox Series S|X hardware impressions

Fusty Gusset

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

I’ve had the Series X on for a few hours, the console itself is absolutely boiling, should I be concerned? You could literally fry an egg on it, I’d have thought I’ve gave it plenty of room, anyone else’s hot?

1-AFCFDE7-41-CB-4-AB0-AF49-A3-B515311-B3

That's not enough room. Needs good airflow from the left to the right and plenty of room at the right to pump out heat. 

Remove the box to the left and you should be OK. 

58 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

That report was debunked by numerous sources. Not saying some consoles don’t have a problem but generally they don’t. They should be warm with hot air getting pumped out but not so hot that it’s gonna burn you / heat a flat / cook an egg etc. 

the thing draws less that 200 watts.

if you can create a device that heats a flat using just 200 watts it would be worth trillions as a patent. 

For comparison, a cheap fan heater uses 3000 watts. 

Installed Code Vein on the Internal. It usually takes about 30-40 seconds to start the game from the menu on the One X. It now takes about 8 seconds and has a pretty much instantaneous restart when you die. £449 well spent!

I got to say, launch day is not quite what it used to be.

Unboxing and setting up is great. Let's go. Oh, I need to download an app on my phone in order to setup the console? Ok, done. Oh, you need an update. Ok, let's get that downloaded. Oh, now you want to update the firmware on the controller. Sure, ok, then let's play Forza Horizon 4! Oh, I need to move it from the external drive to the internal drive. Er sure, ok big game but let's do it. Woop, done. Let's play! This game needs a 64gb update. *sigh*, I'll play it tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I got to say, launch day is not quite what it used to be.

Unboxing and setting up is great. Let's go. Oh, I need to download an app on my phone in order to setup the console? Ok, done. Oh, you need an update. Ok, let's get that downloaded. Oh, now you want to update the firmware on the controller. Sure, ok, then let's play Forza Horizon 4! Oh, I need to move it from the external drive to the internal drive. Er sure, ok big game but let's do it. Woop, done. Let's play! This game needs a 64gb update. *sigh*, I'll play it tomorrow.

Imagine that on Christmas morning for the lucky kids of 2020!

7 minutes ago, Ry said:

I have yet to actually play a game on mine. 

I don't have any desire to play anything right now. 

Remind me why I bought this and a PS5 :lol:

All that rage and panic for nothing. <_<

Part of me wishes there was something new and shiny to play as someone coming from a One X but part of me also remembers getting a PS2 and opting for Silent Scope as my launch title and, well... Give me Game Pass any day.

"Calm down... Watch out, the enemy is going to shoot.... Don't shoot innocent civilians..."

20 minutes later...

GAME COMPLETED

3 minutes ago, Pug said:

All that rage and panic for nothing. <_<

Ha, I know right! 

(I would rather have all my games ready to go tomorrow and be fresh, couldn't sleep last night and I'm knackered)