Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Series S|X hardware impressions


Fusty Gusset
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's not booting up correctly. I keep needing to get up and press the button on and off. 

 

It's not detecting my TV settings, on my Xbox one X every option is ticked fine but now it only shows "your TV supports 4k 60hz"

 

Everyrhing else is crossed out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would very much like to know how the UHD drive performs on the Series X when watching UHD movies? I use my Xbox One X for watching UHD discs, and I works great. One some titles it's a bit noisy, probably since UHD discs spins faster when playing.

 

How's the noise level on the UHD drive on the Series X? As silent as the console itself? Would be great.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my tv (a cheapo hisense 4k hdr thing) has settings for each HDMI port either auto or hdmi2.0 or hdmi1.4 - they were set to auto and the Series X could not detect it was a 4k TV

 

if I changed it to force HDMI2.0 on those ports on my tv the Series X detected 4k and HDR10 correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Okotta said:

I would very much like to know how the UHD drive performs on the Series X when watching UHD movies? I use my Xbox One X for watching UHD discs, and I works great. One some titles it's a bit noisy, probably since UHD discs spins faster when playing.

 

How's the noise level on the UHD drive on the Series X? As silent as the console itself? Would be great.

 

 

 

It's still pretty loud. I'd say about the same. I think if you want to watch movies and not hear the disc spinning you need to get an actual Bluray player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Not just mine apparently

 

 

B7D45BCE-D69F-427C-94FB-101251A07147.jpeg

Wasnt that report debunked by DF amongst others

 

Mine has been fortniting for about an hr and there is a gentle warm breeze coming from the top

 

EDIT - the front has a slight hotspot top middle but not too hot to touch or anything weird. Putting my ear to top I can hear fan.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hereticboy said:

For anyone wondering about the new play and charge kit like I was, it's the same battery pack as the old one, just bundled with a USB C cable instead of the old one. Same model and everything.

Good to know, thanks, I've just ordered one of the old ones to save a few quid, but was wondering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Not just mine apparently

 

 

B7D45BCE-D69F-427C-94FB-101251A07147.jpeg


That report was debunked by numerous sources. Not saying some consoles don’t have a problem but generally they don’t. They should be warm with hot air getting pumped out but not so hot that it’s gonna burn you / heat a flat / cook an egg etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yiggy said:


That report was debunked by numerous sources. Not saying some consoles don’t have a problem but generally they don’t. They should be warm with hot air getting pumped out but not so hot that it’s gonna burn you / heat a flat / cook an egg etc. 


I’m genuinely worried mine might have an issue then, it’s really, really hot. Took the disc out and it feels like the disc could melt inside the console. I’ll stand it up next to the TV Unit on the floor I reckon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Clipper said:

Wasnt that report debunked by DF amongst others

 

Mine has been fortniting for about an hr and there is a gentle warm breeze coming from the top

 

EDIT - the front has a slight hotspot top middle but not too hot to touch or anything weird. Putting my ear to top I can hear fan.

 

 

Exactly the same as me. Not actually played any games yet though. 

 

It's kinda worrying tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pockets said:


Sounds like some sort of HDMI handshake issue. Try a different cable maybe, unless you really need the 2.1. 

 

It's all sorted now. My TV reset every setting for some reason. 

 

Cheers though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After downloading assassins creed Valhalla’s 46 gig update flawlessly, my machine won’t connect to the internet. It’s attached to my wireless network - which works fine - but won’t connect to anything.

 

 A restart might temporarily kick it back in but then it stops again.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Strafe said:

After downloading assassins creed Valhalla’s 46 gig update flawlessly, my machine won’t connect to the internet. It’s attached to my wireless network - which works fine - but won’t connect to anything.

 

 A restart might temporarily kick it back in but then it stops again.

 

 

 

Not that it should make a difference but 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

 

Is the signal normally strong?

 

Do a full shutdown (in Xbox power settings) and maybe reboot router just to rule those things out first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Strafe said:

After downloading assassins creed Valhalla’s 46 gig update flawlessly, my machine won’t connect to the internet. It’s attached to my wireless network - which works fine - but won’t connect to anything.

 

 A restart might temporarily kick it back in but then it stops again.

 

 


Mine wouldn’t sign me in when I resumed from standby just now. This is on a wired connection. I restarted the machine and it worked straightaway. 
 

I’m expecting some launch glitches, and a flurry of firmware updates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.