DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

Yesterday I got confirmation from Currys that my order would be here by 15th December. 

Now it says “Despatched”!

I’ve not had any tracking details yet, but I believe they’re using DPD. Do DPD work all weekend?

43 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

People complimenting DPD is really throwing my expectations for them out of line. I always thought they were terrible. Nice to hear different.

And @Uxorious, do toddlers count?

Maybe it varies by your local depot, but DPD I would put in top tier easily. A text in the morning with an hour slot that they've always hit. Accurate tracking of exactly where they are that day. Almost everyone else I get a vague maybe that day at most.

3 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

GAME really are utterly worthless. £10 postage. Completely shat the bed with their courier set up. No tracking number in emails or online, no customer support live chat/telephone lines. Just send us a ticket and we'll try to get back to you within 72 hours.

Absolute shit show. Meanwhile, people who ordered from places yesterday already have their consoles.

Yes, I'm 200% mad.

Yeah, GAME look to have been the worst retailer over this launch.

As I had, though, I think you will get a tracking number once RM send you a text.

Just now, Reynard said:

As I had, though, I think you will get a tracking number once RM send you a text.

I checked my account and my phone number on there is from when I was at uni, sadly. My fault, but not having a tracking number in an email or available online is a joke.

I felt bad for being in a mood because it's not like I ordered months in advance. But I could really do with it turning up just so I can focus on something other than seeing whether people have had their deliveries yet!

It's a bit galling to think that people caught a John Lewis order yesterday and have it today. Equally, there are probably loads of people who didn't get one and still haven't succeeded, so swings and roundabouts I guess.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

GAME really are utterly worthless. £10 postage. Completely shat the bed with their courier set up. No tracking number in emails or online, no customer support live chat/telephone lines. Just send us a ticket and we'll try to get back to you within 72 hours.

Absolute shit show. Meanwhile, people who ordered from places yesterday already have their consoles.

Yes, I'm 200% mad.

It's baffling to me that they still exist. They needed to just go away like ten years ago.

They (Amazon) did fine for me - I was fully expecting it to turn up late evening but it went out for delivery first thing and even arrived 20 minutes before my estimated slot.

In other news, got this today. If I had a pet it'd be furious. I was a bit concerned about it as I'd not ordered with this company before but sure enough it came through absolutely fine.

Spoiler

IMG_4912.thumb.jpg.4ddf3de2b3497dd332ba19aa5f6df251.jpg

6 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

DHL Truck outside!!!!!

Probably doesn't contain my PS5 though as I didn't manage to order one, I just want to get involved.

Doesn’t mean there isn’t one in there though.

Go get in the van and start opening stuff!

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

So am I right in thinking Amazon actually did okay this time around? Looks like Game are the big villains of the PS5 launch.

I’m willing to be a little lenient because they did send through £70 worth of money off on certain games. Not good if you didn’t fancy anything on the list mind.

Having said that, not having tracking numbers or a contact number is plain bad practice.

How does that scam work exactly. Both their warehouse workers and drivers are under an extreme amount of scrutiny and easy to identify who did what in the chain. So what they nick a PS4 then as soon as the customer reports it they get fired and have the rozzers called on them?

4 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Game and ShopTo...

spacer.png

Yeah, I've had to use shopto's return policy before when they didn't get a game to me, was an absolute ballache. 

1 minute ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Oh well! :lol:

1 minute ago, Harsin said:

How does that scam work exactly. Both their warehouse workers and drivers are under an extreme amount of scrutiny and easy to identify who did what in the chain. So what they nick a PS4 then as soon as the customer reports it they get fired and have the rozzers called on them?

It was probably the delivery depot, or one of distribution centres or something. They'd be opening a bunch of PS5 boxes, along with a bunch of other random deliveries to replace the PS5s with. I'd assume all those mysterious items would have been intended for other customers.

26 minutes ago, Bleeders said:

they did send through £70 worth of money off on certain games.

Did they though?

I might've mentioned it in the other thread, but I tried the first code (as I thought it would be £30 off a £35 copy of Control), but it only gave me a £5 discount.

Looking again at the email, I don't even understand the wording of it: £30 Launch Offer.  It certainly would suggest a £30 discount, but I think it might be more a case where the discount might allow you to get some stuff on there *for* £30.  Haven't checked the other one, as I was put off by the first one.

Update for @HarryBizzle - I also got an email from RM.  There is a link on it (View Delivery Options), which will load up your tracking deets.