DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

Amazon estimate keeps slipping here as well. I very rarely get late afternoon deliveries from them. But as someone above said, the later in the day it gets (4:30 -7:30 - which started as 2:30-4:30) it usually means it gets pushed back a day. 

20201119-115122.jpg

Spoiler

My wife came home at lunch, postie turned up, and she set it up for me via WhatsApp instructions!

She never really comes into the 'entertainment room' and has zero interest in games, so she was more horrified by the wire cosmic horror than buying Demon's Souls digital for seventy quid. 

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Guy next to me had 5 for 1 address.

Wow. And if anyone is wondering why they can't get hold of one.... Guessing if this happening a fair bit its no wonder they are hard to source. Of course they could all be ordered for mates/family etc. Who knows.

Hope everyone gets their new toys today though and enjoys them! :) 

Email notification beeped, saw it was Currys and assumed it was confirming cancellation.

Dear Customer, 

Great news. Your PS5 is on the way.  

Our team are getting your order ready to be dispatched today. It’ll be delivered by courier. And you’ll receive an email from us soon with your order tracking number.  

Kind regards,

Currys PC World

I still won't believe it until I see it testing the strength of my TV cabinet, but a nice surprise

6 minutes ago, wullie said:

Email notification beeped, saw it was Currys and assumed it was confirming cancellation.

Dear Customer, 

Great news. Your PS5 is on the way.  

Our team are getting your order ready to be dispatched today. It’ll be delivered by courier. And you’ll receive an email from us soon with your order tracking number.  

Kind regards,

Currys PC World

I still won't believe it until I see it testing the strength of my TV cabinet, but a nice surprise

Interesting! What time did you order? 

I just got a similar mail however it sats it says it will be with me by Dec 15th (!), I put my order in at 7:20 this morning.  

After another false alarm (bin bags and water filters FYI) the big chunky boy is here.

Fair play to Smyths and DPD. Good communication throughout. Delivery arrived right at the start of my window and apart from a horrible feeling he was about to leave it on my doorstep and walk away had no problems with them. Happy PS5 Day everyone.

AC303399-F7F8-47F7-A8F0-E59D097376D8.jpeg

1 minute ago, geldra said:

Interesting! What time did you order? 

I just got a similar mail however it sats it says it will be with me by Dec 15th (!), I put my order in at 7:20 this morning.  

About 6:45 or so. I saw a mention of a loophole but it was just available and straightforward when I looked so maybe I just timed it well