IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

On 08/12/2021 at 08:59, Boozy The Clown said:

It's Halo day

There's no need to be afraid

They fixed Craig' s face and reviews are great

In our world of Gamepass,

We can spread a smile of joy

Throw plasma grenades around the world

On Halo Daaaaaaaayyyyyyy.

But say a prayer, and pray for the other ones

On Halo day, it's hard but when you're having fun

There's a world outside your Windows

And it's a world of salty tears

Where the only games they're playing are 

Seventy quid remastears

And the man in charge is lying

As he tolls the bells of doom

Well tonight thank Phil it's them instead of you.

And there won't be games on Playstation this Christmas time...

They greatest gift they'll get this year is COD: Vaaaangaaarrrd

Where no one gets elder scrolls

No Starfield, Doom or Halos

Do they know its Halo Day at all.......?

I thank you.....

🤣🤣🤣 Fucking hell

• 2 weeks later...

Contrasting experiences for me with PS5 and Series X. 

I had a PS5 for about two weeks and really hated it. It’s too big, too noisy, looks like something off the set of a fifties sci-fi b-movie and it feels cheap. The UI is awful, the store is a mess and why have I downloaded two copies of the game? I’ll delete one, no not both. What? I’ll download it again, no, not both versions, oh FFS! The haptic feedback novelty wore off after about an hour. Mind you, Ratchet & Clank looks gorgeous, but it’s incredibly dull to play. 

This is the most disappointed I have ever been when getting a new console. It has been sold at cost.

Conversely, I love my Series X. It works perfectly. Easily, the happiest I have ever been with a new console.

This experience was unexpected. I’ve had Sony and MS consoles every gen, I’ve always favoured Sony and saved the XBox for exclusives, but not this time. Undoubtedly I’ll get a PS5 when there’s a smaller machine available and some exclusives that I really want to play.

Set-up my Series X yesterday. As with the Series S I had previously it was an utterly painless experience.

Plug in, load app, link to console. Done. It's just the most impressive first impression.

The console feels heft and balanced but, as it's behind the TV it doesn't matter what it looks like to me. Same with the PS5 though I do prefer the curves and wings on the latter.

What doesn't do the Series X any favours is the UI. Even in 4k it's boring. It also is t the most responsive and I've had random freezes here and there (only a couple of seconds) and a couple of times I've pressed a controller button and it doesn't appear to register so I press again and then an action happens in the menus.

I got Far Cry 6 on PS5 this week, left it to install.

It turns out if you turn off the controller, because the controller has a battery life measured in pico seconds, it stops installing the game.

Not rest mode, just the controller.  I came back 3 hours later and the mandatory "patch" was nearly done but the game was still 3% installed, which it immediately started working on when I turned the controller back on.

I've also found out that moving stuff from internal storage to an external drive means you absolutely can't do anything else at all whilst it does it.

And it takes a really fucking long time to transfer things onto a regular HD. 

Which is annoying, as I use the exact same type of drive for my Series X and that's super speedy in comparison. 

And I can do other shit whilst it's doing that shit.

5 hours ago, teddymeow said:

What doesn't do the Series X any favours is the UI. Even in 4k it's boring. It also is t the most responsive and I've had random freezes here and there (only a couple of seconds) and a couple of times I've pressed a controller button and it doesn't appear to register so I press again and then an action happens in the menus.

Is the console FW fully updated as I used to get the occasional freeze / delay but haven't had one for a heck of a long time now.

Failing that is it perhaps your controllers A button? Quite a few people have found them to be a bit poor when new on the response side of things, the good news being that they tend to free up pretty quickly.   

They're both pretty shit to be fair. Sony can't handle anything remotely technical, have an incredibly misguided approach to pricing and are a bit arrogant. MS are terrible at UIs, can't release a finished game, and appear to be releasing games that are the definition of 7/10. 

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, like I tried to work out if I did something wrong or I was missing a quirk of the whole process but I can't figure out what it might be.

I don't know if your controller thing is a weird bug or something you're doing wrong or what, but if you want an effective way to avoid it, just put the PS5 into Rest mode once you've set the download going. It'll download fine from rest mode (or from triggering it from the website/app) without needing to worry about the controller status.

3 hours ago, El Spatula said:

They're both pretty shit to be fair. Sony can't handle anything remotely technical, have an incredibly misguided approach to pricing and are a bit arrogant. MS are terrible at UIs, can't release a finished game, and appear to be releasing games that are the definition of 7/10. 

you mean like ratchet and clank? :)

4 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I don't know if your controller thing is a weird bug or something you're doing wrong or what, but if you want an effective way to avoid it, just put the PS5 into Rest mode once you've set the download going. It'll download fine from rest mode (or from triggering it from the website/app) without needing to worry about the controller status.

The download went fine, it was the installing from disc part it didn't bother to do.

14 hours ago, El Spatula said:

Forza Horizon 5. Unfinished? 7/10? What the fuck are you talking about?

I mean, the Mega CD really was pretty decent, with several bonafide classics. And the CD32 had Diggers and Captive 2, so wasn't entirely without merit. There are far better examples of awful consoles out there to pick from!

9 hours ago, squirtle said:

Forza Horizon 5. Unfinished? 7/10? What the fuck are you talking about?

Horizon 5 is absolutely unfinished.  Or possibly so far past finished it's looped round.

But it is unacceptably broken, especially for nearly 2 months past release, last week one of the game's main objectives, needed for month long achievements, did not work for almost all players.

14 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Horizon 5 is absolutely unfinished.  Or possibly so far past finished it's looped round.

But it is unacceptably broken, especially for nearly 2 months past release, last week one of the game's main objectives, needed for month long achievements, did not work for almost all players.

I mean if you're going to use an achievement bug as an example of something unacceptably broken then you may as well declare Sony's OS as just unacceptably broken as well.  That's had worse.  Simple things like not fucking up data when an external drive was connected when it launched. But you lapped it up regardless.   :)