Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!


rafaqat
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Sigh. PSN+ only redeeming feature for me is the pack of PS4 content they put on their for new PS5 owners. Even all that was limited to just PS5 owners too... for anyone with a PS4 it was a rubbish really... not all PS4 owners will have played games in that collection.

 

I picked up a PS5 recently, but no games yet. It's more so that I don't have to scramble for stock when I want to play 2022's games. ;) Even so, I appreciate the PS+ collection, as good/bad as it is. I tend not to make as many impulse purchases as I used to, so I originally skipped a lot of the games that are in that collection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

https://psplusinfo.com/games/2021
 

checking out the list this year, only really gave Control UE and Plague Tale a proper going over (FF7 and Days Gone are standout bangers but already had them). Is that worth the £30 or so for ps+? Only just probably, but suppose I need it for online. 


days gone, but that was on the plus collection; wreckfest, but briefly because I’d already caned it on Xbox.

it’s better than Games with Gold, but it’s still pretty awful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

Yeah they’re both crap really aren’t they. I wonder if/when Sony will combine PS+ with PS Now like MS do with Game Pass Ultimate. I always get the impression Sony aren’t bothered so much with PS Now in the way MS are with GP. 


Funny you mention it:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, layten said:

Can we just fire this thread into the fucking sun.

 

Jesus Christ.


It’s all fun & games till it tilts.

 

Or to put it another way no you don’t get to call time on a thread that’s only “shits & giggles” as long as it’s within your personal chosen parameters.

 

It’s OK you’re not nonce-funding now they sacked him; Likely with a huge monetary pay off (which your digital copy of Returnal did fund)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:


It’s all fun & games till it tilts.

 

Or to put it another way no you don’t get to call time on a thread that’s only “shits & giggles” as long as it’s within your personal chosen parameters.

 

It’s OK you’re not nonce-funding now they sacked him; Likely with a huge monetary pay off (which your digital copy of Returnal did fund)


how about just cutting it out?
 

You can pretty much guarantee there are despicable people in any company: the issues are when they’re protected once found out or they’re part of a widespread culture in which the behaviour is tolerated, not when they’re sacked once they’re found out.

 

until you’ve evidence of the former, you’re a one man argument for negs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, footle said:


how about just cutting it out?
 

You can pretty much guarantee there are despicable people in any company: the issues are when they’re protected once found out or they’re part of a widespread culture in which the behaviour is tolerated, not when they’re sacked once they’re found out.

 

until you’ve evidence of the former, you’re a one man argument for negs.


“Checks thread title”

 

OK footle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Danster said:

I usually enjoy this thread. I'm the sort of person who grabs the popcorn and settles down to read the ravings of grown men arguing about their favourite toys. 

 

But this is just fucking shit.

 

First up, you've got the meter all wrong, the original lyrics are "my true love" three syllables. You've replaced that with "uncle pedostation" 6 syllables. Which means the whole first part doesn't scan well. Then you've put a caveat on the lyric, are we supposed to sing that bit too? And then you've messed up the final line too, again with the syllables not even matching. I mean it really is the most simple part of lampooning something through rhyme.

 

It's not hard to write something more like:

 

On the first day of Christmas my Sony gave to me a pedo and Godfall freebie.

 

I mean you can have that one for free, I literally just made it up.

Oh dear @Danster, you’ve just committed the crime you’re accusing him of.

 

‘a pae-do and god-fall free-bie’ is 8 syllables, while…

 

‘a par-tridge in a pear-tree’ is only 7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, JPL said:

Oh dear @Danster, you’ve just committed the crime you’re accusing him of.

 

‘a pae-do and god-fall free-bie’ is 8 syllables, while…

 

‘a par-tridge in a pear-tree’ is only 7.


Except that in the meter of the song, ‘partridge’ actually has three syllables - as in it’s sung ‘par-tri-idge’ to allow the required notes shift…so @Danster got it right, and you must go straight to syllable jail Jon, with no parole.

 

Unless your judge thinks he should be mirroring the use of notes to words exactly, in which case he is on nine syllables rather than eight, and will consequently be joining you in your cell. But at least you get to choose top or bottom bunk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a verse to the tune of Jingle Bells' verse @Mr. Gerbik

 

All these games you've played
On a bastardised PC
Which you can't upgrade
'til a year or three
Paying too much dough
For your console games
But then you still bask in the glow
of calling people names

 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Jingle bells

Sony smells

Xbox has no games

Nintendo Switch is so shit

Geoff Keighley is a bitch

 

 

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I bought a PS5 in November so this is all just fun and lols. :P 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

On the 1st day of Xmas Uncle paedostation (sponsored by my purchase) gave to me…. Godfall in a pear tree.

 

Just wanted to preserve this tasty nugget for myself. Its delicious to think that it went through someones head meat and typed out with their actual hands hehehe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ZOK said:


Except that in the meter of the song, ‘partridge’ actually has three syllables - as in it’s sung ‘par-tri-idge’ to allow the required notes shift…so @Danster got it right, and you must go straight to syllable jail Jon, with no parole.

 

Unless your judge thinks he should be mirroring the use of notes to words exactly, in which case he is on nine syllables rather than eight, and will consequently be joining you in your cell. But at least you get to choose top or bottom bunk.

😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oooh, look at how fancy Halo Infinite is...

 

Quote

Also bizarre is that while the game runs at 60fps or 120fps on Series X, facial animations seem to run at half-rate, creating a serious visual continuity. Let's be clear, the composition and detail in the cutscenes is excellent, but their choppiness in motion is seriously off-putting. Put simply, camera and character movement doesn't appear fluid, while facial animations look off. The renderer is updating as it should, but there's something seriously wrong in the update of the content itself. Thankfully, 343 has contacted us via Microsoft PR to tell us that this is being addressed in an upcoming, post-launch patch but it is surprising to see it at all, especially as reviewing Halo Infinite marketing materials from the controversial 2020 gameplay trailer and even earlier cutscene showcases reveals none of these issues.

 

In-game, there are other puzzling technical problems. We've talked in the past about reloading and mantling animations running at lower frame-rates (again, not present in the 2020 gameplay reveal)...

 

I mean, sure, they're gonna fix it. But lllooooolll, all those lovely cut scenes for the campaign will be nice and choppy for day-one players on Xbox. :lol:  Also, VRR doesn't work with this game either. :lol:

 

"MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE IN THE WORLD!" Most anticipated game for it still doesn't even work properly when it's finally launched after severe delays. :coffee:

 

PC appears to be okay, and I'll buy another month of gamepass just to have a go on a format that actually runs the game reasonably. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Wait so if you have a PS4 only these games are now off sale entirely?

Play Has No Limits... as long as your pockets are deep enough. Any why would want choice? :) I've actually not played the Lost Legacy yet and was pondering over getting it - although don't want to pay for UC4 (which I have played through). Good job we still have disks.... at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are they sure it's not just a stylistic decision to run cutscenes at 30fps to make them feel more cinematic?  Game cutscenes sometimes do that on purpose for that reason, and when people complain it's some sort of technical shortcoming I despair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Benny said:

Are they sure it's not just a stylistic decision to run cutscenes at 30fps to make them feel more cinematic?  Game cutscenes sometimes do that on purpose for that reason, and when people complain it's some sort of technical shortcoming I despair.

You're in the console wars thread. I think he's joking about it being a huge problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.