IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

On 16/11/2021 at 09:30, Boozy The Clown said:

"Happy Birthday Xbox at 20, great fan service. BC update, a show,  Halo dropping early.  Playstation was 25 this week, what did their fans get ? Oh yeah , a tweet."

Only console in the last decade with multiple playable Ridge Racer games as well - pretty incredible.

41 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

None of the proper ones though.

Oh so the PS1/PS2/PSP/VITA ones don’t count along with Ridge6? Leaving you one title to die on your hill with? Well played.

while we are here let’s add some more franchises like Ninja Gaiden (the proper ones as you put it), Dead or Alive, Daytona USA, Sonic (proper ones), Metal Gear Solid (proper ones), Crazy Taxi, all the Dooms, EDF and I’m bored now but could literally expand on this all day.

Actually:

Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Midnight Club, all the Max Payne, all the FEAR, Metal Slugs, Mirrors Edge x 2, NBA Jam, the orange box, fuck knows how many PAC Man variants, more resident evil than you have time for, multiple SSX titles, Sensible Soccer, multiple Street Fighter Bore, Tempest 4000.

“Xbox has no games”

E107203A-D051-4A14-9821-836726B97EDC.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

This is a fair point actually, you can play at least 4 main series Ridge Racer games on an unmodded Xbox Series.  Not 100% officially of course but without doing anything MS don't support.

I stand corrected, I didn’t realise they were legally available on XBOX.

45 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I stand corrected, I didn’t realise they were legally available on XBOX.

They're not really, the Xbox has the ability, MS supported, to run the RetroArch emulator suite, under which you can run the Ps1 games.

Not 100% "legally" but doesn't require you to do anything actually dodgy.

28 minutes ago, Dudley said:

They're not really, the Xbox has the ability, MS supported, to run the RetroArch emulator suite, under which you can run the Ps1 games.

Not 100% "legally" but doesn't require you to do anything actually dodgy.

image.gif.83051e55445039a9e7e409c50bfad39d.gif

47 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Nice you guys get something to play that isn't a generic Space Marine game or a driving game.

Driving fast and shooting things in the face. 

There’s nothing finer.

Sing with me:

’Ohhhhh, I’m proud to be an ‘murican…!’

Vote Trump.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Just wanted to point out while you losers on X-Box are pretending to like Forza 5 we're getting Godawful on PSPlus this month. (Although it isn't the full game, only the a cut down demo version. Just sayin'.)

Corrected.

It's not a demo, but all the single-player content has been stripped out and you just immediately start at the endgame.

It's a baffling decision regardless and hopefully doesn't set a precedent for subscription services to get stripped-down versions of games moving forward. 

12 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Semantic argument.  It's a small segment of the game to essentially play as a trial presumably in the hope you'll buy the full one.

It's a demo.

And it’s also free from the Epic store I believe, so yeah a demo. 

An FTP game would still be an inexcusable thing to be on PS Plus as the only PS5 item for the month of Christmas so either way, fuck off Sony.

Just now, Stanley said:

And it’s also free from the Epic store I believe, so yeah a demo. 

Yes, from about the same time.

Think Decembers offerings on PSN+ are that bad they can't even be bothered to update their website:-

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-plus/this-month-on-ps-plus/

(given its now 3rd December).

Sigh. PSN+ only redeeming feature for me is the pack of PS4 content they put on their for new PS5 owners. Even all that was limited to just PS5 owners too... for anyone with a PS4 it was a rubbish really... not all PS4 owners will have played games in that collection.

Anyhow... it is what it is I guess. In the end if you compare to Xbox Live Gold they are as woeful as each other to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Think Decembers offerings on PSN+ are that bad they can't even be bothered to update their website:-

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-plus/this-month-on-ps-plus/

(given its now 3rd December).

Sigh. PSN+ only redeeming feature for me is the pack of PS4 content they put on their for new PS5 owners. Even all that was limited to just PS5 owners too... for anyone with a PS4 it was a rubbish really... not all PS4 owners will have played games in that collection.

Anyhow... it is what it is I guess. In the end if you compare to Xbox Live Gold they are as woeful as each other to be honest. 

Yeah they’re both crap really aren’t they. I wonder if/when Sony will combine PS+ with PS Now like MS do with Game Pass Ultimate. I always get the impression Sony aren’t bothered so much with PS Now in the way MS are with GP. 

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yeah they’re both crap really aren’t they. I wonder if/when Sony will combine PS+ with PS Now like MS do with Game Pass Ultimate. I always get the impression Sony aren’t bothered so much with PS Now in the way MS are with GP. 

Surprised they haven't offered and option to wrap PSN+ and PS Now together in one monthly service rather than having two separate subs. Guess it offers flexibility but just odd given how well GamePass seems to be doing. Perhaps they have something planned next year who knows.

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Surprised they haven't offered and option to wrap PSN+ and PS Now together in one monthly service rather than having two separate subs. Guess it offers flexibility but just odd given how well GamePass seems to be doing. Perhaps they have something planned next year who knows.

Or perhaps they’re happier with the current status quo of selling games at £70 a pop. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Or perhaps they’re happier with the current status quo of selling games at £70 a pop. 

Indeed I don't think we'll see new Sony games on say a PS Now service day and date with the release of the game. Suppose it depends on how well they do on the current model. What I expect they'll do is do an initial release of a game at £70 then x months later put it onto PS Now to pull people into the service. Wonder how much Sony loose to second hand sales of those £70 games.