IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

12 hours ago, Wiper said:

All the people in this thread like "I spent £450 on a console and then got this open-world arcade racer for free with my subscription" when they could have instead have bought a Dreamcast, Crazy Taxi, and at least £300 spare for an entire library of brilliant arcade conversions 🤪

Unfortunately you're then stuck with a Dreamcast and Crazy Taxi *.

*And it's hilariously overrated library.

4 hours ago, footle said:

I’m not sure I still have an input, on any tv or monitor, that would allow me to connect a Dreamcast.

Scart is dead.

VGA and DVI are dead.

Component is dead (and I’m not sure was supported).

S-video is dead.

Only a knave would ever play anything using Composite.

I totally understand and agree with the point here :)

...but to be pedantic! The items that are the perfect solution for this problem are those made by RetroTink. 

Here's the US site, but you can get them from other uk sites like videogameperfection

https://www.retrotink.com/

14 hours ago, deerokus said:

Is the PS5 the first console to be hacked before anyone is able to buy it?

Both the Wii and Switch might qualify.

14 hours ago, Wiper said:

All the people in this thread like "I spent £450 on a console and then got this open-world arcade racer for free with my subscription" when they could have instead have bought a Dreamcast, Crazy Taxi, and at least £300 spare for an entire library of brilliant arcade conversions 🤪

The irony is, Crazy Taxi is one of the few Sega titles not backwards compatible with said £450 console.

8 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

...but to be pedantic! The items that are the perfect solution for this problem are those made by RetroTink. 

Here's the US site, but you can get them from other uk sites like videogameperfection

But they cost more than the console!

9 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

i don’t have time for the modern consoles I have, without going and opening up the garage to find the old ones.

9 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Me too...

It's juddery when you go out of car and spin the camera around. In car it's quite nice. Gonna stick with it until I'm taking the graphics for granted.

edit : Guess which thread I thought I was in....

Is it the Ghostbusters 2 thread?

3 hours ago, K said:

It's the definitive version of the game, given you can improve anything by removing the Offspring from it. All of the Offspring's albums would be elevated to classic status if you removed the music.

The flaw in your argument there is, they also removed Bad Religion's music from it.

We need some kind of "one year later" topic. They both launched around this time in November of last year, right?

I don't have a PS5 or Xbox Series console but I haven't been looking for one either. I have enough last-gen stuff to catch up on.

24 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I don't have a PS5 or Xbox Series console but I haven't been looking for one either. I have enough last-gen stuff to catch up on.

Yep the new consoles are great for that. Perhaps a bit quieter, load the games faster and sometimes run them at a better resolution/frame rate. On some machines this is free others you may have to pay to upgrade.

Are they worth upgrading too? Well personally didn't have a PS4 so for me yes to catch up with the PS4 games I missed. Controller is better than PS4 too.

No regrets getting the PS5 here although if I wanted to play exclusive PS5 games perhaps. But makes a great HD PS4....

Very recently I bought a PS5 and thank you to @Jonny5 for the Curry’s Code to enable me to do so.

However, after a few weeks of ownership, I hate it. It’s noisy, cheap, plasticky and the UI is a mess. Ratchet & Clank is gorgeous, but dull and insipid. I genuinely do not get the Astrobot fuss. It’s fine, but nothing more.

It’s back in it’s box and I’ve sold it to a friend, at cost.

This console is a huge disappointment. Still, when there’s more games worth playing and an updated machine, I’m sure I’ll be back.

On 12/11/2021 at 18:39, MattyP said:

Yep the new consoles are great for that. Perhaps a bit quieter, load the games faster and sometimes run them at a better resolution/frame rate. On some machines this is free others you may have to pay to upgrade.

Are they worth upgrading too? Well personally didn't have a PS4 so for me yes to catch up with the PS4 games I missed. Controller is better than PS4 too.

No regrets getting the PS5 here although if I wanted to play exclusive PS5 games perhaps. But makes a great HD PS4....

Yeah I'm much the same except with a Series X having skipped last gen completely on the xbox side. 

10 hours ago, skondo said:

Very recently I bought a PS5 and thank you to @Jonny5 for the Curry’s Code to enable me to do so.

However, after a few weeks of ownership, I hate it. It’s noisy, cheap, plasticky and the UI is a mess. Ratchet & Clank is gorgeous, but dull and insipid. I genuinely do not get the Astrobot fuss. It’s fine, but nothing more.

It’s back in it’s box and I’ve sold it to a friend, at cost.

This console is a huge disappointment. Still, when there’s more games worth playing and an updated machine, I’m sure I’ll be back.

Shame... although I could argue the same points about any console :) 

Think for me Astrobot and how the controller has been used in it are one of the key things that have actually differentiated this gen over the last one... (other than fast loading times) :D Otherwise feels very much business as usual.

Astrobot it is a decent experience, its nowhere near as good as the VR game and I’m not all that fussed with the controller tbh - I dont like it for FPS games, prefer the DS4 and feel that once people are bored of the haptics it will just be another crap Sony pad that hasn’t really moved on ergonomically since the original…

Given Sony have bailed on the generation thing I think its spot on to say these are refinements to the previous gen, personally i think the Series has done a much better job of that and now its starting to get some next gen games, Sony had some initial wow (smoke and mirrors really) and now have nothing for a loooong time - it is a much better PS4 tho and that’s the only reason I’m thinking of unboxing it again….

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I dont like it for FPS games, prefer the DS4 and feel that once people are bored of the haptics it will just be another crap Sony pad that hasn’t really moved on ergonomically since the original…

It’s brilliant for racing games, it’s transformed F1 for me in particular and I see little reason to get bored of haptics, rumble has been around for years and haptics are a big improvement over that.

I’m struggling with FH5 on PC at the moment as I’m using a 360 pad and the game feels lifeless. I need to try and get a DS3 working as apparently that’s better. It would be a million miles better with DualSense type support.

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Astrobot it is a decent experience, its nowhere near as good as the VR game and I’m not all that fussed with the controller tbh - I dont like it for FPS games, prefer the DS4 and feel that once people are bored of the haptics it will just be another crap Sony pad that hasn’t really moved on ergonomically since the original…

Given Sony have bailed on the generation thing I think its spot on to say these are refinements to the previous gen, personally i think the Series has done a much better job of that and now its starting to get some next gen games, Sony had some initial wow (smoke and mirrors really) and now have nothing for a loooong time - it is a much better PS4 tho and that’s the only reason I’m thinking of unboxing it again….

3 months (pretty much to the week) from now is a "loooong time" now is it? :huh:

I'm more concerned with how am I going to fit in Horizon FW when Elden Ring is out at the same time! 

Well, the answer to that is Aloy is going to have to wait. 

Also, you have a PS5... but it's just boxed up? :huh: