IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

1 hour ago, p1nseeker said:

Why do people keep comparing PS+ games to gamepass? You should be comparing them to the equally underwhelming Games With Gold offerings shouldn't you?

Malice or stupidity at this point, take your pick.

But yes, PS Plus is, generally, better than Games With Gold.  And Game Pass, unless you have relatively specific tastes, kicks PS Now repeatedly in the face.

25 minutes ago, Dudley said:

But yes, PS Plus is, generally, better than Games With Gold.  And Game Pass, unless you have relatively specific tastes, kicks PS Now repeatedly in the face.

Well with me it's not malice.

Stupidity? Probably. Then again it's easy for me to forget that PSNow is a thing because despite it launching in 2014 everywhere else it isn't yet available in Australia.

https://www.channelnews.com.au/playstation-now-looks-to-be-launching-in-australia-soon/

For reasons that have baffled and angered many Australian gamers, PlayStation Now has never made its way to Australia, despite launching in America way back in 2014.

Eagle-eyed New Zealand gamers have now noticed that Sony Interactive Entertainment has started marketing the service on the New Zealand PlayStation website, which suggests an Australian release is also imminent.

PS Now had its own dedicated page on the NZ PlayStation site, which has since been removed.

It’s been a long time coming, that’s for sure.

So stupidity aside I need to remember when I snark that PSNow is a thing that 98% of the forum has access to.

24 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Well with me it's not malice.

Stupidity? Probably. Then again it's easy for me to forget that PSNow is a thing because despite it launching in 2014 everywhere else it isn't yet available in Australia.

https://www.channelnews.com.au/playstation-now-looks-to-be-launching-in-australia-soon/

So stupidity aside I need to remember when I snark that PSNow is a thing that 98% of the forum has access to.

Well that's just weird and I wonder if like Sean implies it's because they didn't think your dodgy wires were up to the streaming aspect.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

Well that's just weird and I wonder if like Sean implies it's because they didn't think your dodgy wires were up to the streaming aspect.

Unless they had a DC in Australia the latency would have been awful.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

They still aren't. The Tories here snubbed optic fibre because "it's what the left wanted" and went with copper.

We still have some of the slowest speeds in the world.

1 minute ago, SeanR said:

when did the NBN become a thing?

We only just got it last year. The differences in terms of uploads and downloads for work was night and day. I used to have to go make a cup of tea while waiting for a spreadsheet to open remotely.

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

It's probably that 90%? of the Xbox gamers on here will have Game Pass just because of the value, and therefore entirely ignore GWG - as any sensible person would do. Whereas I suspect the number of active PS Now subscribers avidly awaiting the next release of titles for three months at a time, compared to the number of PS Plus subscribers, is tiny.

Fair point, I had to look up with Games with Gold even was this month. Kinda fancy Resi X but despite being free it won't let me get it because my attached debit card is expired.

So it depends if I can be fucked to do it on the console later.

On 05/11/2021 at 13:51, rgraves said:

Being Day One on PC GamePass you mean?

Oh man, not Game Pass but if (when?) It comes to pc the meltdown will be catastrophic.

But nah, play a few days early for money. Sony being so consumer minded and For The Players™️ they'd never engage in such awful, filthy practices.

1 minute ago, Girth Certificate said:

TBH it's a bit galling when the launch titles are a year late and they want extra money to let you play them over the weekend. SHYTE

Which launch titles are a year late that they want extra money for to play early?

16 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

TBH it's a bit galling when the launch titles are a year late and they want extra money to let you play them over the weekend. SHYTE

Indeed a year is one hell of a launch window... when you have nothing at launch to start with...Well I guess GamePass was there at launch.