IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

31 minutes ago, FatOldGeek said:

I've got to admit, I've gone on a journey from hating it, to not minding it, to quite liking currently. I reckon another 6 months and I'll think it's the best looking console ever made.

Totally this, but further along. It’s just so interesting to look at. My wife likes it far more than the series X beside it. 

The U.K./japanese SNES was beautiful and the American SNES was a war crime because they attempted to get rid of the toy aesthetic and pander to straight boxy lines crowd and match all the other adult shit you have in the room.

10 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

The U.K./japanese SNES was beautiful and the American SNES was a war crime because they attempted to get rid of the toy aesthetic and pander to straight boxy lines crowd and match all the other adult shit you have in the room.

I always thought that the Super Famicoms design was something to do with the US having more stringent rules on products emitting electromagnetic radiation or somesuch. A quick Google suggests that Nintendo America's product designer, Lance Barr, decided that Japan's SNES design wasn't up to par so decided to redo it purely for aesthetic reasons. What's more extraordinary, Lance only left the company a few months ago - seemingly of his own volition. 

You know how when you first got a GBA or a tamagotchi or some other gadget you’d only seen in a magazine, you were surprised at how small it was compared to the picture? The Series X gave me the opposite of that when I first saw it. It is about 25% bigger than the design seems to imply, especially those marble-sized holes in the top.

PS5 is huge but its weird cascade of scale-free wibbleforms means that it’s hard to get a sense of scale off it in pictures, in real life, anywhere. You could use them to confuse enemy bombers or submarines.

On 19/09/2021 at 12:57, HarryBizzle said:

Yeah, it’s very annoying. Any slight movements to the console and it pops off. 

Mine seems pretty stable. I just followed the instructions in the manual and it's been fine - even when tested out by my cat jumping on it!

You have to make sure the disk on the stand is rotated into the correct position or you're into the danger zone of console topplepocalypse.

20210920_164145.thumb.jpg.283ba1293a6ed3f00b32bf0790abe3cb.jpg

20 hours ago, mikeyl said:

Yeah but that reasoning works on small items not things the size of air conditioners.

In the same way a small purple car is cute but you look a fucking idiot with a purple Q7.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

In the same way a small purple car is cute but you look a fucking idiot with a purple Q7.

Guy down my road has a purple RS6. It looks amazing, and also the least subtle thing you will ever see. :lol: 

I don't know how anyone can take Moriarty seriously. Kinda funny fired him for being a piece of shit, his attempt to become some sort of Dollar Tree Tucker Carlson failed miserably and now this whole sacred symbols rubbish is just trying to appeal to the worst kind of fanboy idiot. 

He needs a boot in the flute. 

I saw all the people losing their shit on the replies on their Twitter announcement. They are literally remaking games that won’t get remade otherwise yet Sony are creating some sort of monopolistic cartel taking away toys from everyone like they are El Chapo dressed up as the Monopoly Man. 

Nice addition. Clearly a talented bunch. Will have to see if they have the chops for original content.  Hopefully they do carry on with some remasters. Some stuff needs polishing up and re-releasing digitally properly. 

38 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Nice addition. Clearly a talented bunch. Will have to see if they have the chops for original content.  Hopefully they do carry on with some remasters. Some stuff needs polishing up and re-releasing digitally properly. 

Yeah agreed. Something like Demon’s was a perfect choice as it was stuck on the PS3 and was quite obscure at the time.

The rumoured Metal Gear Solid is less exciting as everyone has played that surely. 

13 hours ago, mikeyl said:

I saw all the people losing their shit on the replies on their Twitter announcement. They are literally remaking games that won’t get remade otherwise yet Sony are creating some sort of monopolistic cartel taking away toys from everyone like they are El Chapo dressed up as the Monopoly Man. 

Literally what a console warsz is defined as

16 hours ago, mikeyl said:

And all they've ever done outside sony machines before are MGS and Titanfall ports.

It's no loss to anyone else really. (and I don't say that to be anything negative about Bluepoint either, it's just studio that basically only produces stuff for sony only producing stuff for sony).

I think a ‘proper’ remaster of the original MGS would be fascinating. Not a Twin-Snakes style reimagining, no first person aiming or anything like that, just old school pac-man stealth gameplay with a lavish graphical overhaul. 

For it to truly work and not break the game they’d also have to resist the temptation to add third person camera control, which would have everyone whinging.

I always wanted a 'demaster' of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX - bringing them back to a 2d representation of things.

Mind you, I wanted this when I had a lovely Gameboy Advance, so chances are this is probably not going to happen.

Got minor obsessed with the thought of playing MGS 2-4 recently so had a little run out on PS Now, it was a body blow to find out how badly it’s aged in terms of the movement and violence options compared to 5. Dream of a remake, but it needs more than a lick of paint like Shadow Of the Colossus did. They could even build it through the Decima Engine, which I guess Sony owns. Don’t think it’ll ever happen though, requires Konami to play ball and Final Fantasy 7 money.