PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

10 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

That looked network related, and where do you think the COD screenshots came from? it was a full comparison, the PS5 performs better in game, Series X better in cutscenes, like Valhalla, DMC5, and all the other games compared so far.

Ive watched the COD video and PS5 is offline match and Series X online match - why not compare them in the same way unless you’re trying to skew the results?

I didn’t pay much attention to the DF DMC5 (not played much DMC) comparison but I thought the Xbox was on top more often across the various modes? 

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Ive watched the COD video and PS5 is offline match and Series X online match - why not compare them in the same way unless you’re trying to skew the results?

I didn’t pay much attention to the DF DMC5 (not played much DMC) comparison but I thought the Xbox was on top more often across the various modes? 

Xbox had a slight advantage in the 4K fidelity mode, but it was a tiny gap, in performance mode we saw Xbox drop to below half the PS5's FPS at times, AC Valhalla see's PS5 maintain a higher resolution and hit's it's FPS target nearly 98% of the time vs 87.3% of the time on the Xbox Series X, COD performs better on PS5 in all modes it's only cut scenes that see Series X FPS have any sort of gap.

12 hours ago, El Spatula said:

Is it though? I don't see it. The games couldn't be any more different.

The pad design is. Also expect the actual existence of the Xbox is largely down to Sega. Think MS even teamed up with Sega to integrate Windows components into the Dreamcast (Windows CE - ok it wasn't great but got MS into consumer games machines). Finally Sega ported many of its titles over to Xbox more or less at its launch. Probably handed a bundle of money to MS though. Anyhow. Who knows. I like the placement of the buttons on the Xbox pad as they were the same as the DC pad. 

4 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Xbox had a slight advantage in the 4K fidelity mode, but it was a tiny gap, in performance mode we saw Xbox drop to below half the PS5's FPS at times, AC Valhalla see's PS5 maintain a higher resolution and hit's it's FPS target nearly 98% of the time vs 87.3% of the time on the Xbox Series X, COD performs better on PS5 in all modes it's only cut scenes that see Series X FPS have any sort of gap.

Something something SDK something something launch titles.

Just now, CarloOos said:

Something something SDK something something launch titles.

Yeah, something something most powerful console ever, when Sony said that the PS4 and Xbox One launch titles were clearly better on PS4, Microsoft should sack it off, they've done absolutely nothing to take the industry forward in the hardware space, they just want to sell more subscriptions and services.

21 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Sega is really struggling financially at the moment so there's even less chance. They've had to flog their arcade business in Japan.

Sigh. Well yes Sega are almost just a brand name now. Shadow of their former selves. The game designers who worked at Sega are still out there creating new games. Tetris Effect being latest I've experienced. Rez and Tetris crossed in such a sublime way.

Still made some awesome home consoles and arcade games in their time. At time which I'm glad I lived though and have fond memories of.

18 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I don’t know why I’m getting into a debate with you but I guess I have to be Biden to your Trump....

Ive read the DF comparison of DMC5, there are 4 modes and Xbox wins in 3 of them and there is no mention of half the frame rate difference in performance mode.

both consoles delivered a 100fps average. However, the average does not tell the real story. Xbox retains an advantage in cutscenes and in some gameplay content, but again, the boost is typically small. Meanwhile, in many of the gameplay areas we tested, PS5 is significantly faster and more consistent that Series X overall. It's conjecture on our part, but there is the sense that there's a graphics API bottleneck here that impacts performance on the Xbox side in some scenarios, while PS5 simply powers on.

Where are the COD comparisons as I’ve yet to find any from a reliable source, Asscreed seems to be so close it’s basically down to Ubi opting for parity - the only real difference I’ve read is VRR is by far the best way to play it.

12 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

It's there, there were scenes with even bigger drops on Xbox in high frame rate mode.

image.png.79d0a8aa3c37add28c76358d2ad2e07e.png

Awwww dammit I'll have to sell my Xbox now bah doesn't make the cut on a few third party titles.... :D Goes back to playing some GamePass games and loading and playing some of my favourite Xbox 360 games which I can still play.....

Think I need to ignore these threads really remind me of PC threads comparing graphics cards :D I'll just stick to playing the games....

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

Awwww dammit I'll have to sell my Xbox now bah doesn't make the cut on a few third party titles.... :D Goes back to playing some GamePass games and loading and playing some of my favourite Xbox 360 games which I can still play.....

Think I need to ignore these threads really remind me of PC threads comparing graphics cards :D I'll just stick to playing the games....

Just a bit of fun, got a XSX being delivered tomorrow, my PS5 will be the main console though, I'll use the Series X fleetingly like the One X and the One before that.:D

9 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Just a bit of fun, got a XSX being delivered tomorrow, my PS5 will be the main console though, I'll use the Series X fleetingly like the One X and the One before that.:D

I know.... Funny how MS pitched the XBox Series X as the most powerful console ever and touted it's specs. Just inviting comparisons like the above. Find it all amusing really. We have consoles that can finally run stuff at 60fps across the board and at at least 1080p so I'm happy with that. Neither of them will do full native 4K @ 120fps with all the shinies on hell they need to dynamically adjust the resolution to hit 60fps most of the time from what I've read!

What I do know is both consoles will play games better than my current PC without spending at least £500 on it to upgrade the GPU. Which is absolutely bloody awesome. What a time to be a gamer!

And yes I want both consoles but only have finite amount of time and space. Friend is getting a PS5 so looking forward to having a play when this lockdown business eases of a bit.... Astrobot looks fascinating and fun!

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Yeah, something something most powerful console ever, when Sony said that the PS4 and Xbox One launch titles were clearly better on PS4, Microsoft should sack it off, they've done absolutely nothing to take the industry forward in the hardware space, they just want to sell more subscriptions and services.

I’ve probably not watched as much as you but all the vids I’ve seen comparing say that overall it’s 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. 

You’ve made so many posts where you are determined to use whatever evidence you can find to put PS5 on top. You even use the ‘I’m getting an XSX’ thing like that gives you the absolute right to do so. 

Why are you so determined to prove that one is better than the other? Genuine question because I have never got the mentality of this argument in grown ups. It’s like the console version of Top Gear. 

5 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

You must love DF and their zooming. 

I’ve probably not watched as much as you but all the vids I’ve seen comparing say that overall it’s 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. 

You’ve made so many posts where you are determined to use whatever evidence you can find to put PS5 on top. You even use the ‘I’m getting an XSX’ thing like that gives you the absolute right to do so. 

Why are you so determined to prove that one is better than the other? Genuine question because I have never got the mentality of this argument in grown ups. It’s like the console version of Top Gear. 

I'm not, but I do wonder why one group are so determined to prove they're not bothered yet they get so petty towards anybody who makes their piece of plastic with electronics inside look inferior to the other persons.

I always get all the consoles, even if the Xbox Series X was trampling all over the PS5 I'd likely spend more time on PS5, I prefer the analog sticks, I prefer the UI, I prefer playstation exclusives, all bullshit aside though.

HOLY SHIT BOYS AND GIRLS... we finally look like we've got 60fps consoles after so long.. look at the 60 FPS performance, it's nigh on flawless, these stats are from COD Cold War, the Series S doesn't have ray tracing in use at all, but the PS5 and Xbox Series X both use it for Shadows, to be getting close to 120fps is phenomenal from both consoles, my son's 2080 Ti struggles with this game with RTX enabled.

PS5 and Series X in the ray tracing/fidelity mode use a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 3840x2160 lowest drops found to be 1920x1800. Series S all the time and the PS5 and XSX in 120fps modes use a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 2560x1440 and the lowest resolution found being 1280x1200. PS5 at 120fps, Series X at 120fps and Series S use a form of temporal reconstruction to reconstruct the horizontal resolution up to 2560 when the horizontal resolution is below this figure.

image.thumb.png.4f92d6240472af980e9562d0d9cfc640.png

5 hours ago, MattyP said:

Sigh. Well yes Sega are almost just a brand name now. Shadow of their former selves. The game designers who worked at Sega are still out there creating new games. Tetris Effect being latest I've experienced. Rez and Tetris crossed in such a sublime way.

Still made some awesome home consoles and arcade games in their time. At time which I'm glad I lived though and have fond memories of.

Sega was killed by Sony's lies.

If Sony had even a shred of integrity they would exit the console market and pay infinite reperations to Sega to fund the release of Dreamcast 2.

Anyone that buys a PlayStation product is a quisling.

6 hours ago, gooner4life said:

I'm not, but I do wonder why one group are so determined to prove they're not bothered yet they get so petty towards anybody who makes their piece of plastic with electronics inside look inferior to the other persons.

This is a bit rich given you edited out @Isaac being tagged in with a photo of a baby crying from your original post.

@Lying Cat What’s it going to take to get this console warrior banned for a bit when he’s clearly trolling?

6 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

This is a bit rich given you edited out @Isaac being tagged in with a photo of a baby crying from your original post.

@Lying Cat What’s it going to take to get this console warrior banned for a bit when he’s clearly trolling?

Thanks, I missed that. I got the notification for being tagged but by the time I'd seen the post he'd edited it out.

It was probably in my response to my reply stating that the CoD screenshot he posted was essentially fake news, but I then deleted it because I figured what is the point in getting into a debate with someone so childish.

@HarryBizzle this thread seems to be a pretty dedicated Warz-zone, so I can't see him really copping a ban for anything posted in here. I mean, the thread title has "fight" in it.

Either way, I'm not allowed to ban anyone (which is super-boring), so if you think action needs to be taken you'll need to report it. I'd probably save it for when the Warz stuff spills into more normal.threads, though.

8 hours ago, Yiggy said:

I think you are in the wrong thread. This very much is the console version of top gear... :) Or top trumps for consoles. Speaking of which....

image.thumb.png.5ff6d57d235e0dd932210d6ae301f44a.png

Clearly the winner is.... :D Because console winners are always about the highest spec hardware. Not sure whats going on with the split memory architecture on the Series and they have missed the fact off that the Series X has a 320 bit memory bus in comparison to PS5s 256bit bus.

Think the hardware these days is largely irreverent arguably it always has.... Think once the APIs get cleaned up a bit there will be parity between the two - the series X obviously has more grunt in terms of the GPU but by and large don't think we'll see much in it.

12 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Everyone will turn off the haptic feedback on the PS5 controller, right? I assume that can be done. No one in their right mind leaves rumble on. First thing I turn off when I get a console. 

Meanwhile I'm planning on buying multiplatform games on the weaker PS5 because of it. There is going to be a huge divide between the 'pro-gamers' desperate to win and be the best (despite hating SBMM, matching them with a challenge) who hate it, versus those dirty casuals who appreciate the extra immersion.