Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

Guess who decided to get his nest ready and paint his TV unit a nice duck egg?  It wa a mostly an excuse to clear my head from the kids for a few hours! All cables tidied, dust hoovered. The X is going to go behind the TV. Probably just put some of the kids lego on the shelf - I have a PS4 but  will put that in the family room. 

4BE85E1A-DB8C-446F-BB59-08CC57A7E6B2.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

for mee too! 

hopefully it will suddenly Snowball.  I really dont mind Wednesday anyway...

That's what mine says from Smyth's via DPD.

12 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

for mee too! 

Edit - Ha

12 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

for mee too! 

Edit - Sigh. Nothing works.

4 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Guess who decided to get his nest ready and paint his TV unit a nice duck egg?  It wa a mostly an excuse to clear my head from the kids for a few hours! All cables tidied, dust hoovered. The X is going to go behind the TV. Probably just put some of the kids lego on the shelf - I have a PS4 but  will put that in the family room. 

4BE85E1A-DB8C-446F-BB59-08CC57A7E6B2.jpeg

Love this shit. Let's see those empty spaces people, just enough room for a Series X, not enough for a PS5 :quote:

1 minute ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Awww! behind the TV?   ....and theres a nice space for it in the hole as well

Would be worried about ventilation - I could remove the back panel / make more air holes but it still seems too risky for something I want to last.  My One X lived in there and I had to do the thermal compound replacement twice on it. 

I've got some packaging from a new radiator and have snaffled two packing brackets so i can have my Series S like this:

All tried and pre tested with a Shoebox :D

the brackets are well strong as they did hold a Radiator in a box 

RAIZED.png

Can provide real world pictures as and when!

25 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

The cynic in me knows that my Amazon order will be out for delivery tomorrow "before 9pm". Then, at about 10pm I'll get an email saying that my parcel has been delivered, when it hasn't. The next morning I will get another email telling me that my order is being delivered that day and it'll turn up at about 3pm. I haven't had an Amazon parcel actually be delivered on the day they say it will for ages, even for 'guaranteed' next day delivery.

I ordered from Amazon knowing I'd probably only receive it within the window of launch. In due course. In the fullness of time. 

At the moment I'm getting it before 8pm, which I'm relieved by. Every time something has been meant to turn up by 9pm or 10pm, even from the off,  it's never turned up. The map of them around the corner switches off and it's never heard of again. 

Just now, Shimmyhill said:

Just says Shipped in the my order bit - no tracking but shipped is at least new!

Yea, my issue is my order isn't linked to my account.. and can't be!  But I got my email now.

I've taken the potentially risky choice to have my order be delivered to the post office, as I almost never get things delivered properly to my place.  Fingers crossed that doesn't negatively affect the delivery.

22 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

I've got some packaging from a new radiator and have snaffled two packing brackets so i can have my Series S like this:

RAIZED.png

why? It runs silent and cool as it is!

24 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

RAIZED.png

Depending on how big the actual brackets are, that could end up making things worse as the brackets will be partially covering the intake vents on either end and the bottom. They've designed it so that two of those three are always fully exposed whether it's horizontal (both ends clear) or vertical (top and side clear). You're potentially adding airflow over solid plastic at the expense of airflow through the actual vents.

image.thumb.png.33105aebcb9966daf1aa1004858be468.png

Here's my X Box Box.

I want to try and figure out if the switch and the Series X can coexist in that space, I figure if they're not on at the same time there's no heat issue, perhaps with the switch in front of the box (it's fairly deep).

I could put it behind the TV probably but it'd be a little precarious. But inside the cupboard I have to put it horizontally. Which I'm sure is fine, right, it's been designed that way. 

2 minutes ago, Fondue said:

I'll finally retire the 360 now - odd to have missed an entire (non Nintendo) generation thanks to having a decent pc at the time, but now it's time to cheap ass my way into the next gen. 

PXL_20201109_112721732.thumb.jpg.700539ef5a3e2476fe54ff746273857e.jpg

Is this some Blade Runner shit, can I see a third TV reflected in that second TV?

10 minutes ago, Darren said:

Depending on how big the actual brackets are, that could end up making things worse as the brackets will be partially covering the intake vents on either end and the bottom. They've designed it so that two of those three are always fully exposed whether it's horizontal (both ends clear) or vertical (top and side clear). You're potentially adding airflow over solid plastic at the expense of airflow through the actual vents.

oh the sides of the things dont cover the vents :)

32 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Nothing from Amazon yet. I'm not worried though

Hide contents

Please hurry with conformation

I order a lot of tat from Amazon, and their dispatch emails near enough always come in the middle of the night, even when something turns up at 9am the next morning with the postie.  I'll not be worrying unless I wake up tomorrow without one :D