Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

3 hours ago, denisb said:

me too please be dpd not Hermes

In my case I'd welcome it being Hermes as my guy is great arrives same time everyday between 10 and 1030 - perfect :D

And I realise that puts me in the tiny minority here :D

30 minutes ago, cowfields said:

I don't quite get your grammar here but I certainly had the doubts about whether I had an actual allocation for the day*, and not just an 'open preorder' - and that I wouldn't find out until the lack of a dispatch notice over the next few days, now feels like shit is indeed, getting quite real.

There was a news story around September for Amazon selling preorders but not having allocation but I think this might have been a .com, US only thing. Hopefully everyone that actually checked out an Amazon order on the preorder day is getting one. 

* I had nothing to base this on, was just trying to avoid potential disappointment I guess!

Apologies it was confusing to read. To be fair I hadn't long woke up :lol:

It was this part of the email that I was referring to "We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery".

It reads like they had only just determined mine was part of the initial allocation.

3 minutes ago, cowfields said:

I for one am enjoy deep speculation about delivery vans. Genuinely....I don't think I have enjoyed this level of bonkers delivery anticipation for something in years. 

It truly is one of the only things that even comes close to the feeling of Christmas as a child.

Your items are on their way

Hi – just to say we’ve dispatched the small item(s) shown below, from your order number CURxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you ordered other items besides, we’ll contact you about those separately.

1 x MICROSOFT - Xbox Series X - 1 TB

Small? Great news either way :D This is from Curry’s.

41 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

What other AO orderers do we have?

It was a weird one through them. Ordered, paid for and confirmed as delivery on 10th. From comms there was a suggestion that they had already passed the consoles over to DPD and the next comms I would get would be from them confirming delivery. 

Not had anything yet and will be keeping a close eye on my phone tomorrow. I trust DPD but I’m not 100% on the slightly different process. 

I have an AO order - currently showing as follows:

Screenshot_2020-11-08-10-40-07-055_com.brave.browser.thumb.jpg.1331519ad2ab03fbfcbff5a8e2583f19.jpg

It'll be fine. They are used to shunting big items around which absolutely have to be delivered on time, and will be using DPD who are pretty good, particularly because they will text with a one-hour delivery slot on Tuesday morning.

AltruisticSkeletalClumber-small.gif

2 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

Screenshot_2020-11-08-10-40-07-055_com.brave.browser.thumb.jpg.1331519ad2ab03fbfcbff5a8e2583f19.jpg

It'll be fine. They are used to shunting big items around which absolutely have to be delivered on time, and will be using DPD who are pretty good, particularly because they will text with a one-hour delivery slot on Tuesday morning.

AO Buddy!

Yeah my order looks the same. 

8 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

Series X jazz club.  Great. :D

8 hours ago, deerokus said:

I'd imagine argos, amazon, currys etc will mostly be sending on Monday for overnight courier delivery. Still, I'd like the peace of mind that currys have sent mine already as a couple of people have had. 

Shortly after I wrote this currys dispatched mine

I've never done a console launch before, it's exciting. 

41 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

I remember the PS4 launch when I was waiting for my ShopTo order via DPD.

My driver was called Simon and he arrived mid-morning with my package of goodies.

I remember him saying "I've done a lot of these this morning. I've got to wait until the end of my shift to set mine up". A real moment of gamer camaraderie.

That reminds me of the DPD driver that used to be the regular here. Xbox One was first to arrive here and he said "you've bought an Xbox haven't you? I have delivered so many today." Fast forward a week or so "don't tell me, you have bought a PS4 as well" :lol: I don't know why but I got embarrassed so said "oh this is for someone else" and he just laughed and said "liar!" 

3 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Whenever I’m sad and accidentally on purpose order too much takeaway food, I always shout “Takeaway’s here!” when the doorbell goes.

This is to make it sound like there’s someone else in the house and I’m not just a fat lonely bastard. 

I live in a house converted to flats, and if ever I accidentally (on purpose) talk to myself on the way back to the living room and realise someone is in the hallway just outside my front door I'll come out with stuff like "yep, ok....speak to you later...seeya" so it sounds like I was on the phone :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Whenever I’m sad and accidentally on purpose order too much takeaway food, I always shout “Takeaway’s here!” when the doorbell goes.

This is to make it sound like there’s someone else in the house and I’m not just a fat lonely bastard. 

I do similar when getting something like KFC for me and the missus. Always order too much so say something like "I think that's what everyone wanted. If I've missed somebody they can come back themselves". :lol:

My last console launch that I took part in was the Switch, and that was the first one I’d really done in forever.

I didn’t need it you see, until I woke up at 8am on the morning of, buoyed by Rllmuk hype, and checked click & collect stock at Argos “just in case”, secured one and spent the morning collecting all sorts of random tat to chop in at CEX around the corner to put as cash toward the console, then headed over to Argos and picked it up with BOTW after trading it in on Wii U around the corner :D 

Got my Amazon E-Mail, worst part of living where I do is it’s in the arse end of nowhere so if a delivery driver has 138 deliveries mines always 137th,

Can’t complain too much though, I’m on Furlough with full pay for the month and the kids and Mrs are at School and Work so I’ve got plenty of play time ahead of me...