Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

Amazon have just sent the "upgraded to release date delivery" e-mail.

Me too! :omg:

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Xbox Series X"
    Estimated arrival date: November 10 2020

1 hour ago, FlowerOfInfinity said:

Me too! :omg:

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Xbox Series X"
    Estimated arrival date: November 10 2020

me too please be dpd not Hermes

Same. Woo new toys! Tomorrow delivery possibly? Probably not, my friend works at Royal Mail and he told me RM has essentially collapsed nationally due to Covid and there are massive delays on everything. They’re prioritising special delivery, but don’t expect your usual turnaround.  

What other AO orderers do we have?

It was a weird one through them. Ordered, paid for and confirmed as delivery on 10th. From comms there was a suggestion that they had already passed the consoles over to DPD and the next comms I would get would be from them confirming delivery. 

Not had anything yet and will be keeping a close eye on my phone tomorrow. I trust DPD but I’m not 100% on the slightly different process. 

54 minutes ago, Moz said:

Same. Woo new toys! Tomorrow delivery possibly? Probably not, my friend works at Royal Mail and he told me RM has essentially collapsed nationally due to Covid and there are massive delays on everything. They’re prioritising special delivery, but don’t expect your usual turnaround.  

My guess is they’ve left Game’s warehouses and are now on their way to be sorted by Royal Mail, which will probably take take us into Monday; I’m expecting to get tracking details tomorrow. 

46 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

I can join in the Amazon email crew, what surprised me is the way it is worded my preorder was a doubt for launch day all along :o:lol:

I don't quite get your grammar here but I certainly had the doubts about whether I had an actual allocation for the day*, and not just an 'open preorder' - and that I wouldn't find out until the lack of a dispatch notice over the next few days, now feels like shit is indeed, getting quite real.

There was a news story around September for Amazon selling preorders but not having allocation but I think this might have been a .com, US only thing. Hopefully everyone that actually checked out an Amazon order on the preorder day is getting one. 

* I had nothing to base this on, was just trying to avoid potential disappointment I guess!

Another amazon order 'upgrade' confirmed. It really is like the 2013 launches all over again. I too am hoping they are once again using DPD, I'd imagine this is a product launch that needs bigger vehicles and higher value insurance than most of the Logistics team have. Please. 

1 minute ago, MagicalDrop said:

Another amazon order 'upgrade' confirmed. It really is like the 2013 launches all over again. I too am hoping they are once again using DPD, I'd imagine this is a product launch that needs bigger vehicles and higher value insurance than most of the Logistics team have. Please. 

Do they use DPD for big value stuff? God I hope so, my guy is a legend.

I got the same order ‘upgrade’ email when I preordered Mario on Switch, it’s pretty standard I think.

I doubt it, at least in our area but maybe I'm wrong. I'd have assumed that it's more cost effective to just send vans to cover deliveries in an area than send one van all over the town with high value items. In fact more reckless from a risk point of view... It's a bit eggs in one basket! 

All speculation of course but our local drivers are pretty OK as long as you're ready to answer the door. 

Some of our drivers will leave items in the wheely bin, on bin day no less. I mean wtf...