Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

1 minute ago, SweatyTravolta said:

This sounds more interesting than anything I'll get to play on launch day! Why on earth are furniture shops selling consoles? Is there a limited range of high street stores?

They do electronics as well, almost as a sideline. I was kind of stuck, it was just the only place I could get a preorder. Smyths were an absolute disaster on the day, I don’t think anyone got a preorder from them through the site, and I couldn’t get one through GameStop. 

54 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I've just had my shipping notice huzzah! I know I sort or implied a leave no forumite behind attitude earlier buuuuuuuuuuut I'm happy to be out of that club.

Congrats ST! This is a club I don't want to be a member of for too much longer :(

31 minutes ago, deKay said:

In the 80s Boots was the main place to buy games, computers and consoles.

I vaguely remember getting a £10 Boots voucher for Christmas and getting a tape from there.

Buying from there gave the Mrs about 800 boots points too so that was a bonus.

Nothing still today, DPD say details but no parcel received.

Obviously Thursday's message was a touch premature, which I suspected. 

Never mind. At least I could start a new thread and revel in the sweet sweet upvotes. Oh no, wrong place. 

IMG_20201107_180002.jpg

1 hour ago, Jigsaw Monkey said:

Still nothing from Argos, tried to online chat to support but was a 20 minute queue.

They assured me it would be updated with a tracking number today. 

It didn't. 

I am expecting an update on Monday, going from experience on other preorders from them it updated a day before. Just wish they didn't tell me it would change today. 

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

They assured me it would be updated with a tracking number today. 

It didn't. 

I am expecting an update on Monday, going from experience on other preorders from them it updated a day before. Just wish they didn't tell me it would change today. 

I wouldn't fret mate. It'll arrive Tuesday. :)

50 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Checked the order page on Microsofts website and there is now a tracking number and they have taken payment, but no email notification at all. So anyone else waiting might want to check the website.

Good shout. I also have a tracking number :)

9 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Anything be heard anything from Amazon? 

Not from me yet. My dispatch notifications often come through middle of the night, but I would be surprised if it came tonight as Amazon do deliver on Sundays too so it would be a bit early!

4 hours ago, deKay said:

In the 80s Boots was the main place to buy games, computers and consoles.

Hell, through the early 90s they remained the main place to hang out and play Master System/Mega Drive/SNES games while your parents did interminably boring things like 'shop' in the town centre. Who needed an arcade when you had a Boots?

11 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Hell, through the early 90s they remained the main place to hang out and play Master System/Mega Drive/SNES games while your parents did interminably boring things like 'shop' in the town centre. Who needed an arcade when you had a Boots?

I used to skive off college and spend all day in Boots playing SFII and Mortal Kombat on the SNES in there, and yes I was kicked out of college, mainly due to doing this.