Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

Just now, Wahwah* said:

To be fair, gaming news websites would report on a fart if they thought it'd get clicks. 

Hide contents

Hmm, maybe, but they could've just as easily lobbed it into their release day live blog (yes really, but it is kinda fun) and left it at that.

4 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Ex-RPS man John Walker had the Amazon delay email but the chat bot told him it was still due today. He then requested a call back from an actual human... who rang him and said that it would indeed be delivered today. There's still hope for us all!

They lie a lot. 

And guess what, the Argos delivery has just been delivered. No contact from them and the order still says in progress.

Looks like my fiend IS getting one. If he doesn't want it I will have a spare. Would have to be collection and I'm just outside of Gerrards Cross if anyone needs one.

Got mine from Amazon. It's heavier and smaller than I thought it would be.

The driver showed me a message from head office or something warning drivers not to "lose" any more deliveries - apparently 2 people had been warned already!

Only problem now is waiting 2 hours for Valhalla to install...

Love the feel of the controller too.

Amazon dispatch get. Two hours after the previously tagged trio, just as strangely predicted.

Thursday... :(

Tomorrow will be especially agonising as I had to order a new external hard drive for my wife the other day. Ordered it Friday night for Sunday delivery and it turned up Saturday afternoon. Of course my mind will be playing tricks on me all day tomorrow that the same thing will happen for the Xbox.

Just now, tnman said:

Amazon dispatch get. Two hours after the previously tagged trio, just as strangely predicted.

Thursday... :(

Tomorrow will be especially agonising as I had to order a new external hard drive for my wife the other day. Ordered it Friday night for Sunday delivery and it turned up Saturday afternoon. Of course my mind will be playing tricks on me all day tomorrow that the same thing will happen for the Xbox.

Pos'd you, but consider it a genuine empathy tear. I seem to be about an hour behind you, I think, so I'll expect mine just in time for my son to come excitedly home from school. Don't think he'll actually be all that bothered since his big reason for excitement was that he's getting the Xbox One in his room. But he's the only one that's going to play on any console tonight anyway, so he'll be able to do that on the big TV in any case.

21 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

And guess what, the Argos delivery has just been delivered. No contact from them and the order still says in progress.

Looks like my fiend IS getting one. If he doesn't want it I will have a spare. Would have to be collection and I'm just outside of Gerrards Cross if anyone needs one.

Nice! 

And in my little waiting world, the UPS delivery which couldn't be delivered because they said it had no address on it.......just been delivered! :facepalm:

Had a controlled rant at amazon customer service. Took day off, why only notified of delay at 11am, etc etc. They've mailed logistics to try to get it to me by 10pm today, but the whole thing reeks of some manager fucking up somewhere. No offer of voucher or anything so I'm guessing this has happened on quite a big scale and they're not up for offering everyone a tenner or equivelent who's been inconvenienced. 

Fully expect it to be tomorrow now, which is fine, but I don't like the dicking around. 

8 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

DPD delivered bang in the middle of the timeslot. All set up and looking good - it fits on the shelf underneath but looks nicer vertical.

IMG_20201110_131058.thumb.jpg.db06393f250d9580eba0cd62d4cbd0d7.jpg

Sorry to hear of all those let down by their retailer. I'll set up a poll tomorrow so that we know, for future reference, who to avoid for launches.

Currys and Amazon will be the winners.

3 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Had a controlled rant at amazon customer service. Took day off, why only notified of delay at 11am, etc etc. They've mailed logistics to try to get it to me by 10pm today, but the whole thing reeks of some manager fucking up somewhere. No offer of voucher or anything so I'm guessing this has happened on quite a big scale and they're not up for offering everyone a tenner or equivelent who's been inconvenienced. 

Fully expect it to be tomorrow now, which is fine, but I don't like the dicking around. 

It seems to be quite widespread. Not just the UK branch either.

1 minute ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Currys and Amazon will be the winners.

I would have loved to use Shopto for my PS5 order but the website was down all the time and when I did manage to get online it was all sold out. Sometimes it's just luck if you manage to get an order with anyone. So Amazon it is for me.