Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

Just had an email from GAME confirming the protocol for collecting my Series X from the store next Tuesday. ‘My bag’ will be ready for collection upon production of my receipt. So I’m having that as a dispatch notification! Got to get involved somehow! :P

55 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

First casualty to the naming scheme :facepalm:

Amazon, you better not fuck mine up :quote:

There's got to be at least a chance that this reddit post is for the lols. When the person picked stock for this order, weren't they going to a shelf 7 on aisle A or whatever? Why have they got their console before launch?  This is from a company that sell and supply mobile phones, one who presumably aren't sending iPhone 12 Pro Max out when someone orders IPhone 11 Pro Max, etc. 

23 minutes ago, Ry said:

I'm mostly worried that I have wasted having a day off and my xbox will arrive late in the day. 

(it will. Has anybody ever had a delivery in the morning? :lol:

I booked Wednesday off for this reason! 

My Tuesday plan is to take a break from work when it arrives, set it up and get shit downloading while I try to focus on work.

Maybe play in the evening Tuesday... but Wednesday I will only move to grab snacks, beer and relieve myself. 

3 minutes ago, cowfields said:

My Tuesday plan is to take a break from work when it arrives, set it up and get shit downloading while I try to focus on work.

Maybe play in the evening Tuesday... but Wednesday I will only move to grab snacks, beer and relieve myself. 

Yep that’s my plan as well - I learned my lesson with my PS4 on launch day. Booked the day off work and it didn’t turn up till about 7pm. 

6 minutes ago, cowfields said:

Managed to book Wednesday myself. But most of that time will be spent waiting for games to download. My Internet ain't the best but the servers are going to get hammered even more on launch day. 

Still not sure what I will play first, probably the game with the smallest file size :lol:

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Mine still says pre-ordered on the MS site, it says I’ve paid, but on my credit card app it says the payment is still pending, and now I’m getting the old why haven’t they dispatched my console yet blues...

46 minutes ago, tomvek said:

Mine also still says 'Pre-ordered' on the MS website. Hopefully that changes soon :unsure:

knew Bill Gates reads the forum! Less than an hour after I posted, mine is in transit.

Thanks Bill!

Argos advised me will status will change today and I will get tracking info but still nothing. 

Will be checking it up to 4pm and may need to have another word. I can't handle sitting about on Tuesday wondering if the thing will arrive, I have enough anxiety as it is!

So I’ve ordered from Amazon, and I’ve booked Monday to Wednesday off work.  My plan is to use Monday to prepare old Xbox, move stuff into my SSD that I want. Tuesday sit and stare out the window. Wednesday PLAY THE GAMES.

Nothing from Microsoft here either yet. But they have put in a request with PayPal for the funds so it shows as pending with them. Ironically the one I ordered from Argos and offered to @JPL is definitely on it's way! (don't worry mate, it's still yours :P )

2 hours ago, pledge said:

Simply?

16GB disk install..... 20gb patch

Boss deals, ebay. I don’t use Simply unless they are a lot cheaper, don’t appreciate their scalping and bundling activity.

I took We’d, Thur, Fri off anticipating Tue will be updates and patch day, as mt broadband is only moderately quick.  Shame they don’t let you preload series x updates to hdd on my one s..

I got made redundant on the 14th October and start my new job on the 16th November so have a few days where I can enjoy it. I do have a development book to read though called Adaptive Code which I'm planning to work through next week. It's going to be touch and go!

34 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Nothing from Microsoft here either yet. But they have put in a request with PayPal for the funds so it shows as pending with them. Ironically the one I ordered from Argos and offered to @JPL is definitely on it's way! (don't worry mate, it's still yours :P )

There’s no going back now!

The S I’ve got with Amazon hasn’t shown any movement yet, but the one I’ve got with Smyths is on its way with DPD.

Thanks for doing the thread @Spleen

I preordered from Harvey Norman, which is basically an australian furniture shop in Ireland. They’ve told me that they’re only getting the consoles in on launch day and then they’ll courier it, so it’ll be 1-2 days after launch. Kind of annoyed but that’s what I get for buying from a furniture shop I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Don Rosco said:

I preordered from Harvey Norman, which is basically an australian furniture shop in Ireland. They’ve told me that they’re only getting the consoles in on launch day and then they’ll courier it, so it’ll be 1-2 days after launch. Kind of annoyed but that’s what I get for buying from a furniture shop I guess. 

This sounds more interesting than anything I'll get to play on launch day! Why on earth are furniture shops selling consoles? Is there a limited range of high street stores?

4 minutes ago, Don Rosco said:

Getting a US-designed console built in China from an Australian furniture shop in Ireland is the kind of globalisation talk I live for.