Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

Got my DHL tracking number from Argos. No time slot and it's just changed to Delayed on the status. In all honesty if I'd known it was them delivering it I would have gone elsewhere. Assumed it was going to be Argos' own guys. 

7 minutes ago, Darren said:

Oh bloody hell, my UPS 9-1 slot has now changed to "by end of day." The van's probably crashed or been hijacked.

The van is back on the road/hijackers defeated, and my 9-1 slot is restored! Huzzah, brave UPS driver, you road warrior!

still no dhl update on timeslot and tracking site times out - aaagghhhh (and this is for the non-urgent S that I dont need today :D )

I heard the letterbox go and my 49 year old creaky frame leapt up and sprinted down the stairs at a speed beyond my years! It was the post and it wasnt an Xbox Series X - fucksticks

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Has anyone actually had an Amazon one get past the final delivery station stage? From here, Resetera and other forums it feels like every Xbox Series X (not S which seems unaffected) order they've taken has been delayed to Thursday and now it's just a case of the delay emails going out in waves.

Clipboard01.jpg

28 minutes ago, Chooch said:

I’ve the exact same updates. Still showing delivery tomorrow. Stupid sea. 

At least it's not had to go through post Brexit checks yet.

13 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Has anyone managed to get DPD's real time tracking working in their browser?

Tried Edge and Chrome but just displays standard message about when to expect it and options to change on top of a blurred out map screen.

The app is fine.

Yeah works fine 

this would make a cracking Netflix special... can chronicle every step along the way such as Microsoft's journey to get the product ready, the online sellers trying to manage preorders, the logistics firms trying to cope and then us nutters frantically refreshing browsers and apps (hanging out of windows) to see if its any closer.

All set to a Hans Zimmer soundtrack and presented in 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos.

44 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

DHL are 8 stops away with my argos order.  Amazon yet to deliver to my collection hub.  Looks like Argos are going to win the race and I'll keep theirs and cancel the Amazon one.

Amazon have, in the last 24 hours, sent me codes for £10 off a controller, and 40% off 3 months of Gamepass ultimate.  Already used the controller code and can't see they'll cancel the gamepass code if i cancel the xbox order, so thanks Jeff :)

and just like that, things change.  I updated the delivery address with Argos a week ago so it'd come to home instead of work (due to lockdown) but just had a call from DHL as he was outside my closed office.  Absolute shambles, and glad I've got the Amazon backup now, not going through the hassle and delay of rearranging delivery with DHL.

The front page of Amazon has a giant Xbox banner 9n it today to rub it in.

One thing I'll say about us Amazon peeps is even if it’s late the. if there's some horrible faults with some of the new consoles (which there always are) then at least they'll be decent for returns/replacements whereas ShopTo guys... good luck with that.