Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

Aaaand Amazon email delay get.

Hello,

We're sorry about the delay in getting your order to you, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're preparing it for dispatch now.

Within the next business day you should receive an e-mail from us confirming that the following items have been dispatched: Xbox Series X

This confirmation e-mail will include tracking information if it's available and a new estimated delivery date.

I'm imagining a horror movie where  amazon's delivery tracking system went down and owing to some sort of external contract clause, any customer request for parcel location means a manual check must take place. With every refresh more checks are added to the list that delivery personnel must action and another console is delayed to the next day. 

My console is also at a final delivery station.  :(

4 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Hmm...

Screenshot_20201110-085456~2.png

135+ drops in reverse, that's some going!!

Joking aside, if you've never done it before then keep an eye on how his progress. It's pretty amazing how quickly they whiz through their deliveries 

Just now, Ry said:

What do ya know... Its 9am and I don't have an update. 

Argos for the 4th time fucking me around.

No tracking info from Argos here and what really pisses me off is the fact they took the money when it was ordered, so I expect them to be on top of this shit!

Just now, SteveH said:

No tracking info from Argos here and what really pisses me off is the fact they took the money when it was ordered, so I expect them to be on top of this shit!

Yeah, they took it instantly. 

I just can't be arsed contacting them again. Customer service can't do a thing. 

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

You would think the fact that Amazon don’t really treat this any differently from any other product would be a strength, given their capacity and infrastructure, but it seems they’ve gotten worse over time with console releases. 

Have to take covid into account mind you, but when things go wrong with amazon I've found they're a bit of a comical shitshow. Always wary of them for any pre orders, they don't seem to be setup for them. 

Recently I ended up with a free tablet from them because they lost track of one that then arrived after they'd sent a replacement. Let us keep them both at least. 

Just now, pledge said:

Is anyone getting an Xbox delivered from Game? Wondering what the experience is like today to set expectations for PS5 day

Yarp, have a 10:02 - 14:02 delivery window from Royal Mail - Game have been very good in communications thus far!

Just now, deerokus said:

Have to take covid into account mind you, but when things go wrong with amazon I've found they're a bit of a comical shitshow. Always wary of them for any pre orders, they don't seem to be setup for them. 

I’ve got my PS5 ordered with them for next week too.  This is the first time I’ve ever had a delay with Amazon though, so hopefully that will be better.

For Argos orders, just now the people on the customer services chat were just able to tell me it had been dispatched, and even gave me my tracking code. My mobile details were wrong when they were sending out texts yesterday, and I haven't got an email or seen an update on the website (still sitting tight!).

Worth a crack if you've got 30 minutes to sit about waiting to get in the chat.