Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

6 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I always thought parcels were done by another van? We often get post and a parcel from different postie on the same day - not knocking you hard working posties of course!

All the heavy weight trolley duties have their packets done by a van driver but they'll just do them in the order they want because our systems are too bloody old!

12 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

password!? What’s all that about?

Apparently I'll have a one time password emailed to me at some point today. Someone upthread had one too. Weird. Guess Amazon are using a different carrier for some orders.

3 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Did you receive a text for that? The wife is out and is the one receiving the texts, I do have the DHL tracking page but its still saying its at the delivery depot since about 1am this morning.

Nope, from the DHL tracking

Capture.PNG.30ebfb4cdfb5d0efd631c3b0aa9b0437.PNG

1 minute ago, pinholestar said:

My DPD delivery has ‘arrived at depot’ as of 7:24 this morning. Which depot? No idea. Could be halfway across the country or just down the road. I was expecting to wake up to a delivery time slot goddamit.

This is excruciating :facepalm:

For me I hardly ever get early notifications from DPD, but I do always get them, usually for a lunchtime delivery.

Loads of people on Resetera getting the Amazon delay email. Since mine has been in the delivery station since 11pm last night with no sign of moving and my payment is still pending, I feel like I'm just waiting for the Eye of Sauron to land on me.

5 minutes ago, NickC said:

Apparently I'll have a one time password emailed to me at some point today. Someone upthread had one too. Weird. Guess Amazon are using a different carrier for some orders.

I think it's more to do with the huge problem Amazon has with customers claiming non-delivery so they get another one sent to them. My wife does Amazon Flex and the number of people who claim they didn't receive something when she knows full well they did is alarming. That's in addition to the risk of drivers 'misplacing' them, of course...

Given the value and scarcity of these, plus the issues mentioned above, expect to see Amazon using this more as time goes by.

4 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

My DPD delivery has ‘arrived at depot’ as of 7:24 this morning. Which depot? No idea. Could be halfway across the country or just down the road. I was expecting to wake up to a delivery time slot goddamit.

This is excruciating :facepalm:

Same here with PostNL in the NL. I've checked my earlier notifications and usually I would have had a delivery slot by now. I'm beginning to suspect it will stay at the depot overnight :( And like you for some reason they don't specify even which depot, which they usually do.

Amazon have been weird with a lot of things recently, I think they're struggling with covid. I ordered a game a whole back that even with prime took a week and came from Spain. Two days later it was back to next day delivery via prime. 

My SX is coming from Currys and no problems at all. Valhalla is from amazon though and they've given it to Hermes, so I can forget about that one! I also have that entirely separate planet coaster order which, despite cancelling and coming via amazon themselves, has made it all the way to Glasgow. 

For those still waiting on Argos, I still haven't had any emails from them, and my Orders page still says: "Sit tight - your order is in progress". The only reason I know mine is out for delivery is from the DHL text messages, so you might be ok, especially if the carrier hasn't got your mobile number for some reason.

Anyone who's expecting theirs to be delivered via UPS and has been given a timed delivery slot might want to take it with a pinch of salt. 

Mine was down for coming between 9:30 and 13:30 but I just got back from my morning walk to find out they've been / carded me and it's going to be at my local collection point from 7PM tonight. Not the end of the world personally but might be a bit of a 'mare for someone who's perhaps taken the day off or who's collection point is tricky to get to.