Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

Argos:

Hi, i have a preorder and i was told i would get an update by last saturday at the latest. I have recieved nothing.

A

One moment please...

A

Thank you I am sorry to hear that. The supplier is still updating all the notifications on the xbox pre orders. I apologise for any delays you should receive your tracking details by 9am

I have been told this multiple times. Was told last week i would get an update on saturday, then was told i would get an update yesterday but nothing. Is there not any further info you can pull at the moment?

A

I am sorry there isnt any more information I can update you with at the moment which I do apologise for

No worries, i will just hang off. Hopefully i get an update soon.

Make some public noise on Twitter. :P 

For the first time in 15 years or so I haven’t pre-ordered any of these new consoles, but I thought I’d pop in to see how everything’s going.

Holy shit, I certainly don’t miss the launch day delivery anxiety :lol:

Also, never pre-order a console from Amazon. They are beyond useless.

It's weird, I got my Amazon dispatch email in the middle of the night, and it says arriving Tuesday, which is today??!!?

This is the normal way Amazon deliveries work for me, charge my card the day before, shipping update in the evening, and then at some point on the delivery day I'll get an update, in a timely manner, and the package itself will be delivered usually at around lunchtime or mid afternoon. 

So this Series X order has been acting like the hundreds of Amazon orders I've made before that have arrived with no problems.

SO MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I BE WORRIED? I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD BE WORRIED????

DUTCH POSTNL REFUSING TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY PARCEL STILL NO ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME

SMASH PUNY POSTNL

First time ordering a console online on launch. Used to always go to tge store at midnight or first thing in the morning. I now understand the advantages of that. 

45 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Why do RM still not do DPD style tracking? I want to GPS follow my driver not have some random 10:02 - 14:02 window!

Because DPD are only delivering packets that have all been scanned into their PDAs that then plan out their route for them. Us posties on the other hand have mail to deliver as well as all the packets. We also may have to break off from our normal route to go and deliver Specials before 1pm (4pm at the moment though due to covid) among other things like now collecting parcels from customers and emptying post boxes.

4 minutes ago, cowfields said:

It's weird, I got my Amazon dispatch email in the middle of the night, and it says arriving Tuesday, which is today??!!?

This is the normal way Amazon deliveries work for me, charge my card the day before, shipping update in the evening, and then at some point on the delivery day I'll get an update, in a timely manner, and the package itself will be delivered usually at around lunchtime or mid afternoon. 

So this Series X order has been acting like the hundreds of Amazon orders I've made before that have arrived with no problems.

I’ve had Amazon deliveries turn up before I get the dispatch email before. I can’t bring myself to be worried or care, because I have no time today and Valhalla to play on PC in any case.

Also it’s not like the before times where I would have taken a day to work at home and receive the package, and two or three days in a row would be frowned upon.

3 minutes ago, footle said:

I’ve had Amazon deliveries turn up before I get the dispatch email before. I can’t bring myself to be worried or care, because I have no time today and Valhalla to play on PC in any case.

Also it’s not like the before times where I would have taken a day to work at home and receive the package, and two or three days in a row would be frowned upon.

Yeah WFH makes this whole process a lot easier. I think if I was still having to go to the fucking WeWork my company is/was based at it'd be a case of trying to make sure some Hackney hipster didn't steal my Xbox or have some receptionist say that they've received the package but haven't processed it and can't give it to me even though it is RIGHT THERE NEXT TO THEM.

I think that the package is in 'Enfield' now means that it's coming today - like all packages. I just can't stop myself from fretting for no real reason. Even though I'm at work today and off tomorrow for a week.

12 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Because DPD are only delivering packets that have all been scanned into their PDAs that then plan out their route for them. Us posties on the other hand have mail to deliver as well as all the packets. We also may have to break off from our normal route to go and deliver Specials before 1pm (4pm at the moment though due to covid) among other things like now collecting parcels from customers and emptying post boxes.

I always thought parcels were done by another van? We often get post and a parcel from different postie on the same day - not knocking you hard working posties of course!

8 hours ago, Freeman said:

Is that from Amazon?

Mine has dispatched now. 
Hermes are delivering it.

At 11.26pm it arrived in Rugby.

Do they know where Dundee is!? 

It made it to the local depot in Dundee at 6.20 (according to Amazon) or 8.29 according to Hermes.  2 sets of tracking with different details is going to make this a fun day.

I'm at work (from home) too.

Go Team Hermes!

21 minutes ago, cowfields said:

YOU ARE ME

9 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Argos order also out for delivery :omg:

Did you receive a text for that? The wife is out and is the one receiving the texts, I do have the DHL tracking page but its still saying its at the delivery depot since about 1am this morning.