Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

For currys 'small item' means something that goes with a courier rather than an appliance with a delivery team in a lorry.

So a series x is a small item, ps5 is a large item.

Currys haven't sent mine yet, they better get cracking. 

I mean, this is barely newsworthy but my Amazon Prime order has changed from 'Arriving Tuesday' to 'Arriving Tuesday by 9pm' :omg::rolleyes:

Most Amazon deliveries round our way are late afternoon. I just need it in time to download Destiny Beyond Light so I can log in at 5 and wait in a queue for 3 hours because their servers are full.  

14 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Do they deliver after 9pm? Sounds like you're at the back of the queue :(

This is a coping mechanism.  "Arriving tuesday" here. 

Was literally 8.01am when I ordered it, how big was the fucking queue?!

Honestly not too fussed as it was only going to be a Destiny machine for the first few months and as the next gen patch has been delayed I'm a bit meh about the whole launch day hoohah. 

11 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Was literally 8.01am when I ordered it, how big was the fucking queue?!

Honestly not too fussed as it was only going to be a Destiny machine for the first few months and as the next gen patch has been delayed I'm a bit meh about the whole launch day hoohah. 

Yes, when I saw you'd got a delivery time, I thought "oh no, I might get mine the next day, I'll have to wait to... ...play my old games."

40 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Do they deliver after 9pm? Sounds like you're at the back of the queue :(

This is a coping mechanism.  "Arriving tuesday" here. 

33 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Mine hasn't. :unsure:

Same here :facepalm: "Arriving tuesday"

Yeah I figured as much. The fact that it says specifically Tuesday makes me feel like I have stock allocated. 

Incidentally I have a book preordered and that just tells me the release date rather than when it's arriving, its obviously handled differently from this stock thing. 

Anyway I imagine they have such a crazy number of deliveries every day in somewhere dense like London that the eta of time isn't happening until an actual delivery driver has a list of destinations on the morning. 

Monday will be the day to really panic! 

There's very rarely a day when I don't get my phone out at all different times of the day and tap it three times and then the next day something arrives from Amazon. They're pretty faultless for general delivery.

No reason this should be any different provided they have the stock to cover. 

15 minutes ago, Flub said:

I wouldn't worry about it with Amazon so much. Anyone with prime won't see much happening until really late the night before

I don't have prime. I assume my order will be packed in with all the prime orders anyway? 

Does amazon have a decent tracking system where it tells you what number in the list you are or where driver is? 

*this is for my PS5 order, not xbox

3 minutes ago, Ry said:

I don't have prime. I assume my order will be packed in with all the prime orders anyway? 

Does amazon have a decent tracking system where it tells you what number in the list you are or where driver is? 

*this is for my PS5 order, not xbox

May depend on where you live but my prime deliveries usually say, when it's shipped which day it'll arrive, then on the day it often gives me a rough time slot. Then as the van gets within 8 stops I can see it on a map counting down. Its pretty good... 

But I have no idea if that's a prime thing. 

1 hour ago, cowfields said:

May depend on where you live but my prime deliveries usually say, when it's shipped which day it'll arrive, then on the day it often gives me a rough time slot. Then as the van gets within 8 stops I can see it on a map counting down. Its pretty good... 

But I have no idea if that's a prime thing. 

I get the 8 stops away thing,  but nothing else.  What seems crazy is that often the van seems to be a couple of minutes walking distance away at that point. I don't know if it means amazon are delivering incredibly prolifically (entirely possible) or if the app is not giving accurate info (also possible).

I am almost certain that when it's 8 stops these 8 are either deliveries on my street or adjacent... I think that's just a combo of densely packed London and pandemic. 

Incidentally the xbox might be the last amazon thing I buy for a while. I just need to spread the money to more companies. 

14 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I get the 8 stops away thing,  but nothing else.  What seems crazy is that often the van seems to be a couple of minutes walking distance away at that point. I don't know if it means amazon are delivering incredibly prolifically (entirely possible) or if the app is not giving accurate info (also possible).

Pray it's not like my recent order of some home decor which was delivered by UPS - it went out for delivery on the day, then went back to the local depot at the end of the day, then went out for delivery again the next day, before going to the depot again, then it just sat in the depot for a day, before eventually arriving the day after that.