Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

2 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

Out of interest do you have Amazon Prime?

Yes. On the other pages it says Tuesday so I’ve got no idea really. The actual item tracking says Tuesday, it’s just the email that says Wednesday. 

I’ve had plenty of things turn up a day or two earlier than they say they will so I assume it’s just that sort of thing. 

Yep, my scepticism turned out to be well placed - it changed to "dispatched" and still showed the 11th/12th November, but I didn't get the email. Then the email came through and it will now be delivered on the 18th. 

Which isn't the end of the world, but is a bit of a bummer when you hold a date in your head and look forward to it. When they didn't dispatch it before the weekend I wondered if it might get here in time. 

It's annoying, as it goes on sale online in Japan in an hour and a half. Had they dispatched it two hours later I could have tried my luck getting one here (didn't manage to with the preorders). Had I known it was going to be over a week late j would have probably just attempted that anyway. 

Still, at least Beyond Light is out Wednesday. On my crappy old Victorian console. 

2 hours ago, AK Bell said:

I ordered from Amazon knowing I'd probably only receive it within the window of launch. In due course. In the fullness of time. 

At the moment I'm getting it before 8pm, which I'm relieved by. Every time something has been meant to turn up by 9pm or 10pm, even from the off,  it's never turned up. The map of them around the corner switches off and it's never heard of again. 

My order says 'by 8pm'. I estimate that this gives me a 25% chance of getting by the end of the day tomorrow. Better than the 0% a 'by 9pm' would give me.

The payment for my preorder (from MS) seems to have disappeared from my bank account weirdly. I got charged last week but now the funds are back in the account with nothing on the statement. 

Anyone else? I got the dispatch email and have a UPS tracking number so I'm not too worried but seems strange... 

Help me Rllmuk. Where should my sexy little X go?  I could slot it into the middle, but will be a little snug, or move the switch to underneath the PS4 and then take the shelf out so the X has some breathing room.  Or I could lie it down,I suppose:(IMG_20201109_133734__01.thumb.jpg.22712b2b633ba6718376a996fe03a20e.jpg

1 hour ago, Wistful said:

My Series X is dispatching now. Thank you very much to that fantastic mukker who posted the “secret” Amazon link on the 22nd Sept. :wub:

It was me. Tomorrow I would like anyone who uses that link to PayPal me one pound to say thanks. I'll be a MILLIONAIRE. 

I put a tracker in the link so anyone who doesn't pay will be sent a bricked launch console! 

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

I bought one of these from Argos. Fairly cheap and basic, but very sturdy and nice and wide with plenty of room for a horizontal PS5 on one of the shelves and will put the XBX standing up on top since my TV is wall mounted. Most importantly plenty of airflow on all sides instead of enclosures with closed backs/sides.

I'm rather liking the look of that :)

When you get a free minute would you perhaps be so kind as to pop a tape measure in it and give me the following dimensions:

815153583_TVUnit.thumb.jpg.277177741a621b90a9a0050df93302f8.jpg

7 minutes ago, Deeptone said:

Help me Rllmuk. Where should my sexy little X go?  I could slot it into the middle, but will be a little snug, or move the switch to underneath the PS4 and then take the shelf out so the X has some breathing room.  Or I could lie it down,I suppose:(IMG_20201109_133734__01.thumb.jpg.22712b2b633ba6718376a996fe03a20e.jpg

This feels like a trick question. 

18 minutes ago, Deeptone said:

Help me Rllmuk. Where should my sexy little X go?  I could slot it into the middle, but will be a little snug, or move the switch to underneath the PS4 and then take the shelf out so the X has some breathing room.  Or I could lie it down ,I suppose:(

IMG_20201109_133734__01.thumb.jpg.22712b2b633ba6718376a996fe03a20e.jpg

If only you had more space to put a console that looks best sitting vertically under a TV. Where could it possibly go? It's a real head-scratcher.

:sherlock:

1 minute ago, KartoffelKopf said:

If only you had more space to put a console that looks best sitting vertically under a TV. Where could it possibly go?

:sherlock:

Ah, now I've gone to great lengths to frost the glass in the cabinet so Mrs Deeptone can't see what's in there.  There is a strong possibility she is not aware of its impending arrival.

17 minutes ago, womble9 said:

I'm rather liking the look of that :)

When you get a free minute would you perhaps be so kind as to pop a tape measure in it and give me the following dimensions:

Height between shelves is 16.5cm (PS5 is 10.4cm tall horizontally I think). Dimensions between struts is around 104cm x 23cm. Height of legs is about 10cm.

2 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Height between shelves is 16.5cm (PS5 is 10.4cm tall horizontally I think). Dimensions between struts is around 104cm x 23cm. Height of legs is about 10cm.

Brilliant, thanks for the quick response :).