What was the last game you couldn't stop playing?

Pubg 

regardless of the bots and changes it’s still the best battle royal IMO. 
Your as good as your skill allows and refining your techniques aim and map knowledge is king. 
everything else feels lightweight in comparison. 

Just had a quick go of the free demo. Laughing like a drain on my first multiplayer race, particularly when I accidently t-boned the race leader on his last lap, at a crossroads. I was in last place at the time. The yell he let out was fantastic :lol:

Currently 70 hours into Hades with no sign of slowing down. Before that it was 300 hours of Monster Train, before that it was 1000 hours of Slay The Spire. I used to try and play anything and everything, but now I move from one all-consuming obsession to the next.

Aside from that it's Streetfighter IV. I bought it at launch and still play it almost daily, still entering weekly tournaments on a Sunday. I think on balance it has to be my favourite game of all time. I'm still discovering new things in it and there is still a rabid player base of committed players making sure it stays alive as a competitive game despite SF5 taking over officially. I am sad that SFV is the only main series Streetfighter I haven't enjoyed playing, but am very grateful that this one is still hanging in there. :)

Argh, yes, Slay the Spire. How could I forget that.

Although, I have to say I was obsessive about Obra Dinn and Shinsekai. StS I just played a lot when I could.

Wasteland 3. For all the glitches and bugs, it’s a brilliant game and I couldn’t put it down. I’m really struggling to find something to take over from it, I’ve tried a few other RPGs on Gamepass but nothing has clicked so I’ll probably just play Wasteland 3 again...

4 hours ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Noita. Best thing I've played in my gaming life.

I really keep meaning to play Noita as I know you hold it in high regard.  I know different games but how does it compare to Zelda BOTW in terms of for you (if you’ve played Zelda of course).

45 minutes ago, simms said:

I really keep meaning to play Noita as I know you hold it in high regard.  I know different games but how does it compare to Zelda BOTW in terms of for you (if you’ve played Zelda of course).

I haven't, but it's a totally different animal. It's what would happen if you took the best elements of Spelunky and Dark Souls, and added fantastic physics interactions. If you grew up playing videogames in the 80s it's pretty much your dream game made flesh.

On 25/10/2020 at 21:39, Qazimod said:

Probably my Final Fantasy VI playthrough earlier this month - whenever I had a spare moment I'd load my save and try and improve my progress a little. It was my first time completing the game, and the rest of my gaming schedule was pretty barren, so I'd just sink into more battling and levelling and shopping. Even if I'd barely made any story progress I knew that I'd be better prepared next time, so it was all worthwhile. It can be pretty cruel in places - some amazing items (Economizers) have very low drop rates, and you can run into trouble later if you don't keep everyone equally levelled up - but there were enough different things to pursue that I kept coming back.

Honourable mention to Persona 4 Golden's Steam release, which I kept returning to until the credits had rolled.

I played VI for the first time on the SNES Classic over lockdown. Absolutely loved it.