What's the first game you'll be playing on your new console next month? 

I expect one of 3 answers:

Demon's Souls

Spiderman

Something running at 4k120Hz on Xbox. 

But feel free to surprise everyone / ask for a recommendation.

Xbox is out sooner so I will be playing Forza Horizon 4 at 4k60 same goes for Destiny 2. And some Yakuza and Gears Tactics. 

Then I will play Spiderman on PS5 a week later and probably put it up for sale after I'm finished. 

Tetris Effect and the Falconeer. Then a run through the list of games that I picked up during my brief flirtation with the Xbox One; Ori, Yakuza 0, Shenmue Collection and Kingdom Come Deliverance. 

Tempted by Cyberpunk but I’ll have enough to see me through until the proper next Next gen edition is out. 

7 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Probably Astro's Playroom. It looks super fun and I'm really interested in the ways it uses the DualSense.

Same here, think it’ll be this while Cyberpunk and Demon’s Souls are downloading.

Almost certainly the Astro Bot game. The original was my daughters favourite game of all time and as the PS5 is going to be a joint gift, I'm sure she'll win the first game pick. :)

I’m not sure, which is kind of exciting. I’ll spin the Game Pass roulette wheel and see what looks most exciting from the back catalogue I missed on Xbox One. 

(But possibly Halo 5)

Are there any Series originals available on GPU from day one? 

21 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Probably Astro's Playroom. It looks super fun and I'm really interested in the ways it uses the DualSense.

Yeah. I'm gonna give Astro a go while waiting for whatever disc game I'm installing to update.

As discussed in the Series thread it was going to be Halo CE but that’s on the back burner now as it’s getting its next gen upgrade a week later. So now I don’t know. Probably something that won’t take hours to download. Spiritfarer maybe?

Is Ratchet & Clank a launch title? If yes, that one.

If no, I reckon AstroBot followed by CyberPunk 2077 just to see how or runs/looks on PS5 followed by Demon's Souls for a proper showcase.

7 minutes ago, df0 said:

Is Ratchet & Clank a launch title? If yes, that one.

If no, I reckon AstroBot followed by CyberPunk 2077 just to see how or runs/looks on PS5 followed by Demon's Souls for a proper showcase.

It's launch window, but not a launch title.

Going to go for Yakuza 7 first - sadly I think I'll be getting a frisson of pleasure from the fact that it's a timed exclusive.

Then Outer Wilds, then Nier Automata.