Mass Effect Legendary Edition

No. :coffee:

I don't need this, I have the games on PC and fully, fully expect the experience I have already had on PC to be immeasurably better than whatever it is that's going to be sharted out by some shite 3rd party (d3t ltd maybe?) on the cheapest of cheaps. 

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

You have all the DLC on PC and can carry a character through them all because I'm buggered if I can work out how to do that.

Works fine on origin.

I’ve never played Mass Effect. This feels like an oversight. 

On PC, worth waiting for this remaster, or is the PC version decent enough. And where’s best to buy it. 

1 hour ago, spanx said:

On PC, worth waiting for this remaster, or is the PC version decent enough. And where’s best to buy it. 

It's great on PC. I'd hold off until the new bundle is out, odds are buying all the games and DLC through Origin will cost a lot more.

3 hours ago, spanx said:

It's extremely unlikely the Remastered Trilogy will be anywhere near the PC versions fully modded. But the remasters will be less of a faff, no need to mod about - just play. Maybe wait and see how they turn out. 

• 3 weeks later...

A new ME coming (in about 5 years I bet) is good news. 

Not surprised that the trilogy is basically the games in 4k60. ES don't do full remastered. 

If they price the trilogy correctly I'm all in. (They won't) 

6 minutes ago, Ry said:

A new ME coming (in about 5 years I bet) is good news. 

Not surprised that the trilogy is basically the games in 4k60. ES don't do full remastered. 

If they price the trilogy correctly I'm all in. (They won't) 

Bundling the story DLC means it’ll be a steal at any price south of £100.

I don't think it'll be as good as a modded PC playthrough (not just graphically, there are a bunch of bug fix and tweak mods) but this is great news for console players! Really don't know why they're not including ME3 multiplayer though.. I don't think it's a server issue as you can still get into games on the PC version at least (don't know about consoles) and it's still as good as ever.

Really glad there's word of a new one as well. Not sure I want them to go back to Andromeda unless they put in the effort to make decent new races though, I know Turian and Asari aren't exactly inspired but the Kett and the Anghara(?) were just boring.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

No Switch version. EA continues to EA. 

I'm gobsmacked they've announced a new installment so soon. It's surely very early days so expectations could grow to unfulfillable levels before they even share a screenshot.

They could have sated the appetite for Mass Effect with a respectful remaster (hopefully what this legendary edition will be) and bought themselves a good year or so of secretly working on the new game for a surprise return later on. Good to know the series has a future all the same though.

..as a GaaS

I was thinking the same, the trend du jour seems to be to announce/reveal late into development with a shorter, more effective and efficient hype cycle. BioWare has been working on Dragon Age since what... it feels like 5 years ago that they mentioned it the same way the mention a new Mass Effect now? We haven't seen anything to suggest DA4 is even close, have we? Is this BioWare themselves doing this, maybe as a way to keep themselves relevant coming out of troubled times? EA doing this because they aren't to happy with how it's going lately? Or it's just marketing people stubbornly clinging to the old ways and I'm reading too much into this.

After their last few games, BioWare has a lot to prove both commercially and critically. Announcing a new Mass Effect before Dragon Age 4 is even out feels strange at this point. Let's see how DA4 turns out before I decide whether it's worth getting excited over more Mass Effect.

Edit: also worth noting again that the BioWare wot made Mass Effect 1 and 2, and Dragon Age, and KotoR is completely different to current BioWare. Not a single soul from back then is still at the studio apparently. Not necessarily a problem, but something that inevitably gets brought up when the quality declines drastically.